Airdate: This is Your Laugh

By David Knox on November 22, 2008 / Filed Under Programming 21

* Updated.

Andrew O’Keefe’s newest venture This is Your Laugh is about to have its premiere on the 7HD Channel.

O’Keefe, who has been recording a number of editions of the quirky Tonight-style show, will see his show go to air on Sunday November 30th* at the moderately-early time of 8:30pm.

TV Tonight hears from several who have attended recordings that the show is quite a crowd pleaser.

Not just a chat-show, it features a small troupe of actors who improvise some of the anecdotes as told by the guests. At least its a fresh take on a familiar genre.

The last time Seven tried anything serious on its HD Channel was the short-lived Night Cap show with Matthew White, Jessica Rowe and Monique Wright earlier this year.

1. Luke November 30, 2008 at 9:54 pm -

I seriously considered calling the network while this show was on the air to express how much I truly and honestly disliked the show! lol

Please tell me why the Seven Network would consider this show any better than allowing us to watch the rest of the American Kath & Kim series? I would have to say K&K:USA is an award winning show by comparison to this long awaited disappointment from Andrew O’Keefe. A rip-off hybrid of Thank God You’re Here and Enough Rope with Andrew Denton, it fails on all levels.

I can’t say if think Night Cap or Out of the Question are any better, maybe all three are equally bad for me.

I’m so embarrassed for getting a few people onto High Definition TV, I used the knowledge of this upcoming show as one of many selling points along with the programming available on TEN HD which from next year wont exist and will instead be ONE HD the sports channel, a channel I’ll likely have my Set Top Box just skip past. Fail!

2. cpandilo November 27, 2008 at 2:09 pm -

I’ll be watching but why isn’t this show being filmed in HD?

3. Jack! November 24, 2008 at 12:55 pm -

Oh please… just the thought of him and this show kmake me want to throw up!
    Jack!

4. DanIlic November 24, 2008 at 12:47 pm -

I’ve been to a taping of this show, and it’s a pretty entertaining format. If Seven put a few more resources into it it could be a hit on their regular channel. O’Keefe is terrific talent, and the improvisors many of whom people will recognise from TGYH and other various sketch comedy shows are excellent. It’s like Enough Rope with TGYH.
    I can understand the cynicism for O’keefe, however Seven have never really used him as well as they could. This is getting closer to where Andrew is at his best.

5. ducko November 23, 2008 at 4:18 pm -

This will be as popular as ABC’s Breakfast News?

6. Lowie November 22, 2008 at 11:24 pm -

Sounds okay. I might have to go out and get myself a set top box between this and one hd.

7. David Knox November 22, 2008 at 10:47 pm -

Rove ended a week ago.

8. Earthquake November 22, 2008 at 10:26 pm -

Wow.. up against Rove! That is competition.

Unfortunately I don’t think it should be put against another chat show, I don’t see it going too well.

Maybe they should slot it in at 1030 Wednesdays after the other Aussie comedy shows (on ABC and SBS).

The format reminds me a bit of the last comedy show O’Keefe was in, the short lived Hamish and Andy which combined sketches and talk. Hopefully it doesn’t end up the same way.

9. David Knox November 22, 2008 at 9:50 pm -

The government’s view on HD differs to networks. In this case it’s about allowing a show to find its feet without the pressure of having to deliver against competition. If it works it could move to SD.

10. JohnTV November 22, 2008 at 9:40 pm -

Okay, Im confused here… I thought the idea of the additional programming on the HD channel was to encourage people to switch over to digital TV – preferably HD rather than the SD digital channel.

So is this the kind of program that is going to get people racing out to get a HD set top box !!! To quote channel 10 “I don’t think so…”

11. David Knox November 22, 2008 at 9:09 pm -

You’re right. But I’ve received no amendment. yet. If you download the 7HD Guide for that date you’ll see it wasn’t scheduled. I’ll adjust the date as per Yahoo.

12. Johnson November 22, 2008 at 8:55 pm -

According to Yahoo7 online TV Guide, This is Your Laugh will start on Sunday, November 30.

13. R November 22, 2008 at 7:43 pm -

i’ll tune in and check it out. thankfully PRIME run 7HD so us country folk get to see some extra programming (and some seven promos and idents too!)

14. Chris November 22, 2008 at 3:09 pm -

I agree with Zambora. Having an analogue TV is starting to pay off.

15. Rutzie November 22, 2008 at 2:47 pm -

I will definitely be watching. I agree with Mike Beckham. They should give it a 10.30pm timeslot on Seven’s main channel just to see how it goes. It couldn’t do much worse than Out Of The Question.

16. Zambora November 22, 2008 at 1:32 pm -

Woohoo, lucky it is not on main 7 network.
    Andrew O’Keefe annoys me greatly and that laugh..and …

17. knoxoverstreet November 22, 2008 at 12:26 pm -

You gotta be concerned for the sanity of the crowd this pleases.

18. Mike Beckham November 22, 2008 at 12:11 pm -

Seven should replay it late at night (10.30/11.30) on the network.

19. Danny November 22, 2008 at 10:09 am -

Just a little note that December 8 is on a Monday, not Sunday.

20. Craig November 22, 2008 at 7:43 am -

Wait did ch10 do this already?

21. bindi November 22, 2008 at 4:57 am -

and what is the status of the HD ratings system? wasn’t it supposed to begin measuring in november, is there any sign of it?