Far Canal

By David Knox on December 1, 2008 / Filed Under Programming 24

As previously reported Nine is scheduling its two unaired episodes of the drama series Canal Road.

But it has made an adjustment which will need to keep any remaining fans (are you out there) on their toes.

Now the last two episodes are scheduled to appear Fri Dec 5th 10:45pm and Saturday Dec 13th 10:30pm. That’s a week apart, but on different days.

Very confusing.

This bumps failed comedy series Monster House out of schedule this Friday night.

Fans of the drama series know too well the show has been bumped around the schedule, now it seems right down to the last two episodes.

1. Benno December 3, 2008 at 11:55 am -

I’m surprised someone hasn’t made a DVD rip of the final 2 episodes and posted them online. I don’t normally advocate this, but with the treatment of the show by 9, i do in this case.

2. Craig December 3, 2008 at 11:27 am -

The problem with the online copy is it’s 700Mb for a 45 min show, first off hell of a chunk out of my wireless account for the month and I can’t get ADSL here. Second it requires a special player.

The DVD is only 4×3 even thought this series was made in HD at 16×9 so I didn’t even bother renting, much less buying that for 2 eps in the wrong format!

Bring on Friday!

3. SHINTARO December 2, 2008 at 9:20 pm -

For a TV program a quick death is an honourable death. Whereas for Canal Road it’s been slow, excruciating and sadistic. Well done.

4. DimitriaK December 2, 2008 at 6:59 pm -

The last two eps have been available on Nine’s website for ages…

5. John December 2, 2008 at 5:04 pm -

I gave up on Canal long ago, and then rented the Canal Rd series when it finally came out on DVD. It was a long time coming but the final twist was interesteing.

6. RichoTB December 2, 2008 at 11:53 am -

Ohhhhh I think I get it now. F*** anal?? Is that it? Is that a line from a movie or something? I googled it and it led me to a t-shirt store

7. David Knox December 2, 2008 at 11:44 am -

You are…. just say it really slowly….

8. RichoTB December 2, 2008 at 11:35 am -

Erm I may be missing something but can someone tell me if there’s a hidden meaning behind the headline?? Far Canal? Is it like a dentist joke or something? Please explain

9. David Knox December 2, 2008 at 9:58 am -

Thanks.

QTQ will have Canal Road at the same times. It probably hasn’t been updated to guides yet that’s all.

Rush has a second series.

10. EJ McKenna December 2, 2008 at 9:34 am -

hear hear on the headline.
    This is a great website.

11. Majorette December 2, 2008 at 7:41 am -

PS: Looks like QLD will dip out on Canal Road as I don’t see any schedule for it in our guides and checked Foxtel IQ and it’s not showing there either….Dam !!

12. Majorette December 2, 2008 at 7:26 am -

Hmmm, Thanks David. I had wondered if and when Ch 9 would finish showing Canal Road. I’ll try and remember to watch.
    I agree with previous posts and I won’t watch any new Local content that Ch 9 take on. Very sad really as they don’t seem to give local content a go.

I hope Ch Ten will take on a new series of Rush as it’s quite good too….
    At least some of us have Pay TV where many of these Aus series pop up at a later date….

13. ali December 1, 2008 at 10:41 pm -

Awesome Headline!!

14. Craig December 1, 2008 at 5:58 pm -

I’m not trusting ch9 with local shows again, I may record them and only start watching when it’s clear well at least get the season in good time.

15. Zambora December 1, 2008 at 5:52 pm -

Another stupid but classic programming change by Nine (aka was The One many years ago)
    Why not show last 2 episodes in one hit – Nine’s excuse is got to get those Aussie TV drama portion into schedule so,10.59 pm whenever this year will do…

16. Benno December 1, 2008 at 4:31 pm -

The question is: When a new Aussie show is promoted by channel nine from now on, will the audience remember the appalling treatment of Canal Road and resist watching? Surely channel nine would have thought of that and simply scheduled the remaining episodes much earlier to get some good PR. Why did Fringe fail………?

17. bakshi43 December 1, 2008 at 4:15 pm -

Headline of the year for me too.
    It sure beats having the program being placed on the Far Q.

David, Thanks for your work and website.
    It is required reading for me daily.

18. Craig December 1, 2008 at 3:26 pm -

Why not show them at a 2 hours final on Sunday night?

Thanks for keeping up up to date David, this year must have been really hard with all the changes every week.

19. David Knox December 1, 2008 at 2:05 pm -

Dan, they are now….

20. andy December 1, 2008 at 1:58 pm -

Nice work, David.

21. DAN December 1, 2008 at 1:50 pm -

why dont they just show the final 2 episodes and get it over and done with instead of bumping it all the time

22. PT Ryan December 1, 2008 at 12:47 pm -

There’s a housing development in Queensland with the same name as that headline. Sad but true!

23. Joseph December 1, 2008 at 12:35 pm -