Returning: Army Wives, Women’s Murder Club.

By David Knox on January 19, 2009 / Filed Under Programming 19

Well TEN just blinked on its “3 week advance schedule” already with at least two programming changes.

You were scratching your head wondering why Women’s Murder Club was going back to Episode 1 on Friday nights, right? This didn’t make any sense. The show wasn’t exactly a ratings bonanza, and more tellingly, it isn’t even in production anymore.

Instead the network has decided to pick up where it left off, with the first of three unaired episodes. “Father’s Day” will air at 10:30pm on Friday February 6th, bumping NZ drama Orange Roughies out.

So that means episode one planned for February 20th is now most unlikely.

Other changes by TEN include the return of unaired Army Wives eps beginning 12:55am Tue Feb 3 (Mon night) with “Hail and Farewell.” It continues at 12:30am the next day.

At least TEN is trying to find homes for unfinished dramas for fans.

TEN also moves Out of the Blue on Sunday February 1st to 12:30am (Mon morn) but it appears to be once-only, denoted by “special time.” No word on what’s on at 6pm that day, something with a bigger lead in to Biggest Loser perhaps?

All this moving of a stripped soap, from nightly to weekly, to late nights, continues to be an unsatisfactory resolution for this problem.

1. loz June 7, 2009 at 10:14 pm -

will 10 be showin womens murder club again or not???

2. David Knox March 3, 2009 at 11:23 pm -

Removed. You can track this info via Show Tags.

3. Kylie March 3, 2009 at 11:22 pm -

What on earth has happened to Army Wives now?
    First it gets moved to an outrageous time. You would have to be an insomniac to be able to stay up till almost one in the morning to see it. Then without warning it gets removed from that screening time. I was most dissapointed today when I went to watch my recorded episode, only to realize that it wasn’t even on.
    Please explain.

4. Catie B February 28, 2009 at 9:04 am -

Just watched the ‘final’ of Army Wives. Looked it up online, and it’s not the final ‘final’, just the end of season 1. In America, the Lifestyle network is so confident about the show that they’ve renewed the contract for season four 2010 before episode 1 of season 3 2009 has even aired.

Would have liked Channel 10 to continue with season 2, since the entire season would be available to them. I enjoyed this show, even in spite of missing episodes here and there due to Channel 10’s programming changes.

*sigh*

5. Ross February 3, 2009 at 11:52 am -

I’ve just finished watching the tape of last night’s episode of Army Wives, which I don’t mind watching. I missed the last few minutes of the show because Ch10/SC went around 10 minutes over the broadcast time. Why put the show on for those who want to watch them when you’re going to either change the broadcast day or time?

6. Sharon January 27, 2009 at 2:29 pm -

Out of the Blue, Channel Ten, I thought I was the only person watching it, I love it. Channel Ten stop moving it. I don’t care if it is on at midnight because I record it and zap the ads. Put it back on nightly. But leave it at the same time.

7. Peter January 23, 2009 at 1:27 am -

You really have no idea what will replace Out of the Blue at 6pm Sunday… isn’t it obvious? What show is in the timeslot every other six nights of the week and has been in the timeslot for many, many years?

8. Sephiroth_FF January 22, 2009 at 4:25 pm -

It’s been a while since 10 showed some decent shows at that time.

I wasn’t sure whether we had seen all of Women’s Murder Club but it looks like we haven’t.

If anyone hasn’t seen the rest of season 1 of Army Wives and can’t be bothered watching it/taping it on TV, it’ll be released on DVD on March 11.

9. ek9 January 20, 2009 at 7:24 pm -

I wish they’d stop messing around with Out of the Blue.

10. testing_the_patience January 20, 2009 at 1:55 pm -

Army Wives is released on DVD on the 11th of March anyway. So I’ll just buy it then. #@%& you Channel Ten!

11. Derek January 20, 2009 at 10:56 am -

My attitude is: please play my shows. I don’t care when during the week, middle of the night or middle of the day or 8:30 , whatever, as long as it is on.

Unfortunately none of these are shows I want to watch, but the attitude by Ten is correct – fans of these shows can record them and watch them at a suitable time.

12. Pranish January 20, 2009 at 8:57 am -

What About 90210?

13. JB1524 January 20, 2009 at 12:03 am -

army wives at 1am?? i’d rather they held onto it until it could be aired at a better time …

14. slowlylu January 19, 2009 at 10:39 pm -

I wanted to echo all those sentiments above but also wondered why on earth Channel Ten has released their programming schedule so much in advance of Nine and Seven? It doesn’t make any sense when you’re the least successful station to do so as you can’t counter programme effectively. Unless they need to secure as many advertisers’ dollars as early into the season as possible to shore up any potential leakage caused by low ratings later.
    I wish The Gruen Transfer would sometimes explore the art of media buy in relation to creative advertising.

15. Craig January 19, 2009 at 9:43 pm -

Okay so next 90210 and The Ex-List?

At least fans with advance notice can record and watch them later.

16. RichoTB January 19, 2009 at 8:23 pm -

Army Wives on at 1am?? I don’t watch the show, but that’s sure to piss some fans off. On the bright side, that awful WMC will not pollute the airwaves for more than 3 weeks (hopefully).

17. Zambora January 19, 2009 at 7:56 pm -

Commonsense wit h Womens Murder Club move, continuing on is smart move.
    Let’s just hope Ten listens to people and finds commonsense.
    P.S. Ten , why not get rid of advertivorial crap around 12-30 am and show OOB there or use “Sat/Sun from midday to 2pm..

18. tomothy January 19, 2009 at 7:26 pm -

Well, Channel 10 in 2009 is shaping up to be just like 2008 with is changes in programming! Pity they dumped 10HD/SD2 for sport. They could have used left over summer content for prime time content on 10SD2.

19. Marco January 19, 2009 at 7:21 pm -

Re OOTB, could be some rated M sequence they couldn’t air at 6pm? Who knows! Bit of a scheduling joke, really. Thank goodness for my IQ2!