Returning: RPA, What’s Good For You, Hell’s Kitchen, Commercial Breakdown

By David Knox on March 25, 2009 / Filed Under Programming 26

hkitchenNine has announced a number of new shows returning in Easter non-ratings:

Commercial Breakdown hosted by MTV host Darren McMullen is back at 8pm from Tuesday April 7th. It will follow the premiere of World’s Funniest Videos hosted by Shane Crawford and Lyndsey Rodrigues at 7:30pm. The show was last hosted for Nine by Dermott Brereton.

Two and a Half Men continues in new eps at 8:30pm.

At 9:30pm Hell’s Kitchen returns in Series 2 from 2006.

On Wednesday April 8th a renewed What’s Good For You is back at 7:30pm. Dr Andrew Rochford puts his body on the line to find out who has the higher pain threshold. Men or women? Lyndsey Rodrigues heads up the No Shampoo Challenge, and Grant Hackett feels the full force of sneezing.

This time the show is just 30 minutes with RPA returning at 8pm.

With the exception of 2.5 Men all are indicated as “Series Return” for Nine.

1. franz chong June 19, 2009 at 5:09 pm -

Last time they brought back A Gordon Ramsay Cooking Show on Channel Nine It didn’t last.Just Imagine when the Footy Show Season Ends later this year They decide to bring back His Shows.It will be up against Medical Dramas which some of us cannot stand or various ABC and SBS offerings

2. Rev. Jeffry Camm April 26, 2009 at 5:48 pm -

I have a sister-in-law who has an ongoing medical problem, which has not be able to be solved by doctors for the last 10 years.

Can you contact me so we can discuss her situation, as it is affecting her whole body and her quality of life.

3. Deano March 31, 2009 at 11:29 am -

Sorry Channel Nine, I’d like to watch HK series 2, but have absolutely no faith that you’ll keep it on air past one sub-par ratings week.

When you grow some balls and start showing full series again, do drop me a line and I’ll allow my bandwidth to recover and start supporting you, as a local concern, again.

4. Earthquake March 29, 2009 at 4:32 pm -

Oh and I prefer Kitchen Nightmares to Hell’s Kitchen.

I like seeing the changes in the participants in one episode, not over a whole series.

5. Earthquake March 29, 2009 at 4:28 pm -

Maybe Nine is bring on HK as a spoiler to Masterchef?

I don’t know if I could take two Chef Idols happening at the same time.

I don’t know who Ten has chosen to host Masterchef but I doubt they have the charisma and personality of Ramsay.

6. Andrew B March 27, 2009 at 4:41 pm -

Top Chef on Arena is much better than Hells Kitchen.

7. avoidz March 26, 2009 at 8:12 pm -

Hells Kitchen is more like Survivor; Kitchen Nightmares is more of a reality/fixit show.

8. Benno March 26, 2009 at 3:32 pm -

Ah interesting. People here keep saying that Hell’s Kitchen is better. Being generally anti-realty shows, neither really appeals to me though.

9. David Knox March 26, 2009 at 3:12 pm -

HK: Think Chef Idol.
    KN: Think renovation.

10. Benno March 26, 2009 at 3:08 pm -

Can someone please explain the difference between ‘Hells Kitchen’ and ‘Kitchen Nightmares’?

11. Nadine March 26, 2009 at 12:50 pm -

Are those new RPA episodes? It’ll be interesting to see if they have to cut anything out for the 8pm timeslot over a later one.

12. Adam March 25, 2009 at 10:41 pm -

I saw Commercial Breakdown last time and it’s horrible, too much sex, too much confrontation and everything it in. They say it’s going to be family-friendly. Yeah well, they got that completely wrong. Worth avoiding and a what a waste for them.

13. Ryan March 25, 2009 at 9:15 pm -

Yay for Hells Kitchen, its more enjoyable than Kitchen Nightmares which really is same old, same old. I’ll be watching that one, nothing else really interests me.

14. avoidz March 25, 2009 at 9:12 pm -

Thanks God for Foxtel.

15. Saga March 25, 2009 at 8:33 pm -

I’ve seen up to Series 4 on Hell’s Kitchen – I’m more interested in Kitchen Nightmares…

16. DAN March 25, 2009 at 8:25 pm -

Wonder if poor old Ramsey will make it past 2 weeks this time really looking forward to RPA just hope they don’t change their mind again like they did last time

17. Benno March 25, 2009 at 8:18 pm -

What’s good for you will be the first show that i will watch this year through the commercial networks.

18. Brendan March 25, 2009 at 8:11 pm -

When is Survivor comming?

19. Dino March 25, 2009 at 5:50 pm -

…But I won’t be a complete bitch. What’s Good For You / RPA could be good counter programming against what will likely be TGYH on 7.

20. Dino March 25, 2009 at 5:49 pm -

What’s that I smell… a s**t lineup that’s what. That is really bottom of the barrel programming.

21. Andrew B March 25, 2009 at 5:38 pm -

Safe to say 9 won’t won’t have any ratings victories during Easter then.

22. Jerome March 25, 2009 at 5:35 pm -

how many times are 9 going to air a GR series axe it 2 weeks later. this will be the 3rd time. why do they think it will get a different result.

RPA into the mentalist i don’t think will work. they could have used for richer for poorer to take FWAW’s pre-warmed slot, and had a good lead in to the mentalist. i think they’ve just handed viewers over to the last eps of AGT making TGYH even more stronger. i’m not sure what 9 thinks at times like this.

the 2009 axe list is about to get another big workout.

23. mikey March 25, 2009 at 5:20 pm -

Commerical breakdown will be a h00t!

24. tommyk March 25, 2009 at 5:19 pm -

well i guess 9’s high hopers: L2L, FWAW, wipeout (all of which haven’t even done that well) have passed and now their back to scaping the barrel.

i mean, hells kitchen? how many times are they going to have to cut GR’s shows to get the message that australia is over him. he was a fad that lasted a few weeks and now it’s dead.

survivor could have gone in that slot.

good luck to WG4U and RPA up against AGT finals and possibly TGYH.

so has wipeout been axed? there were more episodes supposed to air after easter weren’t there?

25. Lewis March 25, 2009 at 5:16 pm -

Nine: We heart bogans.

Pathetic.

26. R March 25, 2009 at 5:12 pm -

Commercial Breakdown? World’s Funniest Videos? More TAAHM? Off the boil Hell’s Kitchen?

Way to capatilise on a weaker Tuesday from Seven, Nine.