Airdate: Party Down

By David Knox on November 22, 2009 / Filed Under Pay TV 7

party_downUS comedy series Party Down, co-created by Rob Thomas and Paul Rudd (amongst others), will air on Movie Extra from December.

Featuring Adam Scott, Ken Marino, Jane Lynch and even Jennifer Coolidge, it centres on a group of wannabe actors, struggling to find their break in the brutal world of entertainment. They travel to Los Angeles to find fame and fortune in Hollywood but while waiting for the world to acknowledge their talent, they are forced to support themselves earning a meagre living as caterers.

In the first episode failed actor Henry Pollard returns to work at Party Down catering. While catering a community pool party, he meets the team of aspiring stars, led by his old party animal co-worker Ron, now a clean living team leader with dreams of owning a soup franchise.

Lynch has since left the series for Glee but Megan Mullally has joined the series from Season 2.

Season 1 premieres Tuesday, 1st December at 9:30pm.

1. Jane November 25, 2009 at 3:07 pm -

I thought Jane was doing this show in between doing Glee? Did I hear wrong? Anyway, I watched some of it online, and it’s a really funny show.

2. Grinspoon November 24, 2009 at 12:49 am -

The show does take a while to find its feet, I kept watching because I saw the potential and it was quite enjoyable and by the end of the season, while it wasn’t great, I was glad i stuck with it as it was entertaining enough.

I do lookforward to the second season though. Which is ultimately the test for many shows. Do I want to see more, yes I do.

3. ross. November 22, 2009 at 8:35 pm -

Jack, take that back, take that back!

JL will get an Emmy for her work on Glee.

4. Jack November 22, 2009 at 2:57 pm -

By far the best comedy of the year. Jane Lynch is Far better in this than the middling Glee.

5. Phil November 22, 2009 at 11:33 am -

I saw the first two episodes but I wasn’t really impressed. Jane Lynch is the only standout, but she’s the only comedy the show seems to provide. I gave up after that.

6. Alvin November 22, 2009 at 11:27 am -

thank god, i thought i read it wrong. i thought i read that she left glee for this series. phew. thank god the talented jane lynch didnt leave glee.

7. ryaneco November 22, 2009 at 10:03 am -

I’ve seen season 1 and the show took a long while to find its feet by the end of season 1 I’m still not sure its found them; I may continue watching when Season 2 starts.