Airdate: V

By David Knox on February 25, 2010 / Filed Under Programming 31

V is landing Sunday March 7th.

The sci-fi series has been slated to air at 8:30pm on Nine as a single episode.

The remake of the 1984 miniseries featuring Elizabeth Mitchell, Joel Gretsch, Scott Wolf and Morena Baccarin had a big premiere in the US with mostly positive reviews, however it has since seen figures slide.

Four episodes have aired in the US so far but more are due in the US from March 30th which could mean an uninterrupted run in Australia depending on Nine’s plans for Easter non-ratings.

In this compelling reimagining of the landmark miniseries about our first encounter with another world, the Visitors (or V’s) appear in major cities around the world promoting a message of peace. However, as the FBI soon discover, they may not be who they say they are. Stars Elizabeth Mitchell, Joel Gretsch and Scott Wolf.

1. vfan April 19, 2010 at 9:55 am -

I love the new V. I only hope it comes to a conclusion (where the good guys win :)) and they don’t try to drag it out over extra series. That ruined “Prison Break” for me.

2. Paull February 28, 2010 at 7:31 pm -

Starting to get annoyed with multi channels, so many show clashes now!

3. Craig February 28, 2010 at 1:28 pm -

@Goatsbreath – I doubt they will show them out of order as it follows one ep to the next, but give what they did to Flash Point it could go either was.

As for whether this is as good as the original, from someone who has seen the first 4 eps and the original not that long ago I’d say they have done a good job but it’s not an exact re-make of the original, they get into the story sooner and they have had some changes to the plot. It’s still worth wild viewing but ep 2-3 seam to lag then 4 gets things going again IMO.

4. Rob February 26, 2010 at 6:12 pm -

Does anyone think this will be as good as the original?

5. aznfratboy February 25, 2010 at 11:38 pm -

In my opinion, Nine should air Underbelly when both Rafters and NCIS are both in new episodes, they might be able to snatch the most competitive timeslot from underneath their competition. it’s where SBS also airs East West 101, which is probably SBS’s best show…

6. Tbone23 February 25, 2010 at 10:32 pm -

About time lets hope they don’t screw this up tho.

7. Goatsbreath February 25, 2010 at 7:12 pm -

I’ll be happy if Nine can get bthe episodes on the right order….. Let’s see there’s one and then there’s two…. (at this point I may be confusing the Nine programming department)

8. barrett February 25, 2010 at 6:38 pm -

9 will probably show the first four episodes in this order:4,1,3,2

9. turdall February 25, 2010 at 6:28 pm -

Looks like a pretty bold timeslot for V but I wonder if it will go to 9:30 in place of Underbelly after Easter?

10. Jerome February 25, 2010 at 6:11 pm -

NINEman: “and if it doesn’t work they won’t misstreat it they will just reschedule it and move it to go! so it won’t just be put in the corner of the room with no air date”
    i’d like to see your source for that because many past situations have shown the opposite.

anyway, this might be the last sci-fi we see on a major channel for a while. in the US Lost is finishing and heroes, fringe, flashforward and V are all highly likely not to get a renual. and in almost 60 pilots for the 2010-11 season not a single sci-fi has been piloted (not including spirited shows and comedies). i’m quite upset that ABC isn’t trying to make a replacement for Lost but i guess with their recent attempts at sci-fi they don’t have much of a reason to.

11. Craig February 25, 2010 at 5:29 pm -

@”Anonymous” I remember Enterprise (yes I like that series) but on Nine it started at 8:30 I think, then the next year moved back an hour, by the final season it was on at like 1am!

I just hope if/when the ratings drop they move it to GO! and keep it on at a decent time of the night.

12. NINEman February 25, 2010 at 4:41 pm -

Why do they bother giving it a go on nine? What if it rates through the roof? They might as well give it every chance and if it doesn’t work they won’t misstreat it they will just reschedule it and move it to go! so it won’t just be put in the corner of the room with no air date.

13. Nathan February 25, 2010 at 4:29 pm -

Why did they bothered putting on Nine, it’ll last a week then it’ll be on Go! after Terminator.

14. brisvegas February 25, 2010 at 4:29 pm -

this show hasn’t a chance on 9. It really should launch on GO. it’d work best with a triple -hit combo on wednesdays with fringe and sarah connor (which im delighted to see on tv again, despite the fact i …..sourced…..the shows as they aired in the states). It pains me though, watching it knowing it got axed years before its time – while terminator salvation came out, danced on TSCC’s grave & generally balls-ed up the franchise………..but i digress…

Will i watch it? yeah, I’ll give it a go, but i dont have any faith in treating it properly, even if it rated well. What are the odds they’ll start off on episode 3? lol

15. NINEman February 25, 2010 at 4:12 pm -

I’ve also heard Underbelly will be held off until after easter with famer to go in somewhere as well.

16. Whoops February 25, 2010 at 4:09 pm -

Complicated sci-fi equals a quick death on Australian TV. Will go the way of Flashforward. Go here we come.

17. Justin February 25, 2010 at 3:43 pm -

My insiders tell me that Underbelly won’t air until after easter non ratings period. The Farmer Wants A Wife will air on Tuesdays 8:30 and Underbelly 8:30 Sunday.

18. "Anonymous" February 25, 2010 at 3:23 pm -

Anyone who remembers the Star Trek: The Next Generation days will know how poorly Nine treats its science fiction shows.

19. Bazza February 25, 2010 at 3:13 pm -

David what do you mean by “has been slated to air… as a single episode” ? Are they playing all the episodes in one hit, or am I missing the point? (as is my wont)

20. vinny February 25, 2010 at 3:02 pm -

If this fails on Nine I hope they shift it to GO !

21. Michael February 25, 2010 at 2:47 pm -

It’s a pretty good show but I doubt ratings will be strong enough to keep it on nine. Hell even with good ratings it’s sci-fi, nine is sci-fi’s kryptonite!

22. bindi February 25, 2010 at 2:15 pm -

that means I have to give up the good wife, glad I wasn’t that into it.

23. Johnson February 25, 2010 at 2:06 pm -

My guess was wrong! With Survivor: Heroes & Villiains scheduled for Tuesday nights after Top Gear, when will Underbelly 3 be shown now?

24. aznfratboy February 25, 2010 at 1:53 pm -

They should really try and launch newer shows out of existing shows. NCIS is today’s “10pm drama launcher” The Mentalist airred 9pm Tuesday for it’s first season, out of NCIS, then moved to 10pm Thursday. I honestly thought Nine would put V at Monday 9:30, overrrun The Mentalist like 5 minutes, and try and get viewers from The Mentalist to watch.

25. astrogirl February 25, 2010 at 1:53 pm -

Somewhat off topic, but do TV producers in the US take into account world wide audiences when they create their shows or do they produce them purely for the US market and any overseas sales are incidental? And if the show rates better overseas than than in the US does that mean anything (to them)?

26. Patrick February 25, 2010 at 1:47 pm -

If Jane Badler doesn’t at least make a cameo I’ll be seriously upset!

There is only One person who can play Diana!!

Seriously I don’t expect it to last long on Ch. 9. This is the same station that saw the Terminator series shuffled off in various timeslots after all….

And can someone please explain to me why Sci-fi shows hardly rate in this country? I’ve always wondered that.

27. chk chk February 25, 2010 at 1:35 pm -

this is worth the wait, i tell y’all!

28. Craig February 25, 2010 at 1:07 pm -

So if it stays on Nine and doesn’t get put on hold or GO! then by the time they get to the 4th ep they will only be a week or so behind the US which comes back March 30 with ep 5.

I doubt it will last that long before being moved out of prime-time or over to GO! I like it but it’s not a patch on the original and while the pilot get right into things it feels like it drags until the 4th ep.

29. Rick February 25, 2010 at 1:00 pm -

The whole easter “non-ratings” break is silly imo. As fas as I know they don’t have any such thing in most other countries. Just run everything through!

30. Johnson February 25, 2010 at 12:57 pm -

This will probably leave Underbelly 3: The Golden Mile for Tuesdays, up against NCIS and Grey’s Anatomy.

31. ozinoz February 25, 2010 at 12:42 pm -

I just wish the stations would cease & desist all “over-hyping” of yet to be screened “televisual feasts” to quote Basil Fawlty. We have seen what happened to Cougar Town and if I have to listen to the man with the John Laws danglies telling me “Australia will never be the same” after we have watched V the reimage (which has only had marginal success after viewer numbers have dropped 35% from 1st to 5th episodes) I am liable to do damage to what ever is handy. Stop talking cr*p!