Bumped: Royal Pains

By David Knox on February 24, 2010 / Filed Under Programming 29

Another Channel Seven show has been amended in its schedule, this time US dramedy Royal Pains.

The series, about a young doctor who becomes a reluctant doctor to the rich and famous, rated 322,000 at 10:30pm on Monday night.

It will not air next week, but returns in a new timeslot of 11pm Sundays following Scrubs, and in place of Air Crash Investigations.

Seven has opted not to fill the Monday slot with drama or comedy, instead adding repeats of factual series Border Patrol and the premiere of Ocean Force, following US Lifeguards. They begin Monday March 1st.

30 Rock remains at 11:30pm….

1. Eponine May 24, 2010 at 12:40 am -

Royal Pains has 12 episodes in Season 1 which all where shown.
    It says on Wiki that a second season has been commissioned with 18 episodes and is due to screen in June 2010.
    I just hope channel 7 show the second season – it is a great show!

2. footy May 18, 2010 at 5:32 pm -

Where is Royal Pains???? I love the show. It is one of the very few decent shows on TV………I was expecting to watch it online but just found it is gone??!! Is it coming back???

3. Camilla May 17, 2010 at 9:01 pm -

I love Roal Pains but have they taken it away from me??? Seems like i get so into a show and them it vanishes same happened with Dirty, Sexy, Money….

4. Stephanie May 16, 2010 at 10:51 pm -

I really like this show…Does anyone know if it is gone or just moved??????

5. Mike May 16, 2010 at 8:50 pm -

Yeah they have done it again. Royal Pains is not on tonight and 30 Rock has taken it’s spot from monday night. Duhh idiots.

6. ag March 3, 2010 at 1:47 am -

Shame. I thought Royal Pains was a good way to wind down after Desperate and B & S and was a decent show. The factuals are a dreadful waste of time. I turn the TV on at that time of night to be entertained…30 Rock is a really good show, don’t really understand the logic with the ultra late time slot, but then again Scrubs is late and is hilarious, so ??

7. ksenia March 2, 2010 at 11:22 pm -

really disappointed this show was bumped – mondays would be easier to catch…now 11 on sundays is pushing it later and later…this is a top show in the US!

8. steven g February 25, 2010 at 4:48 pm -

I hate F-actuals………………

9. Antigoni February 25, 2010 at 4:06 pm -

I thought Royal Pains was a cheap and nasty show taht featured a lot of schoolboy fantasies. I wish Seven would give 30 Rock a fair go.

10. vinny February 25, 2010 at 3:05 pm -

The factual last night or the night before was advertised as a duck crossing the road or something..

Is there nothing else Seven can put in the 7.30pm timeslot ? I mean Seven Two is much better with I survived a Japanese Gameshow… much more interesting !

11. aznfratboy February 25, 2010 at 1:58 pm -

Great… factuals… what is the fascination with them, it’s not like watching a million episodes of Air Crash Investigation will help you if you ever hypothetically board a plane that is in danger of crashing, I hope you don’t though, if you want to learn aviation or aerospace engineering, go get a degree or read a book, TV is for talented actors to portray their skill to the world, not for some people to stick a camera in the middle of an investigation and pretend to play detective, we already have idiots for that, does noone remember the girl who went “chk chk boom”?

12. Shazza February 25, 2010 at 8:28 am -

Why are the Seven programmers so biased against 30 Rock?

13. Craig February 25, 2010 at 8:05 am -

@Nate – sorry, last I read it was cancelled, must have been false info,

BTW don’t be so rude in the future!

14. Reubot February 25, 2010 at 12:18 am -

But it’s not HD stan.

15. koverstreet February 24, 2010 at 11:41 pm -

I might check Ocean Force out..if it’s filmed on some Cali beach it may be interesting.

16. Peter February 24, 2010 at 11:09 pm -

No real problem. always used to record this show and watch it later in the week anyway!
    Do agree though; they could’ve waitied till after the olympics to see if things would improve without such strong competition.

17. Jed February 24, 2010 at 11:07 pm -

Grrrrr, just move 30 Rock to 10.30. Then if those ratings are good, they might get the hint and put it even further up the schedule in a decent timeslot. The programmers at these networks are such idiots, why don’t they just hire us here at TV Tonight, the people who actually watch these shows and know where things should be.

18. J Bar February 24, 2010 at 10:33 pm -

Why won’t these programmers at Seven just give 30 Rock a chance at 10.30pm? The repeats managed over 500,000 viewers in the first couple of weeks of the non-ratings season yet they won’t even give the new episodes a go at 10.30pm. Idiots. It seems like they have a personal issue with the show rather than making a logical decision to at least give it a go for a few weeks

19. Justin February 24, 2010 at 8:49 pm -

Bloody Hell seven. Can we have 30 rock at 10:30 and then repeat factuals after that? What the hell is your problem? For crying out loud you just love your cheap crap factuals don’t you. I would love seven to go from number 1 this year to number 2. It might help them to stop making such s**t pathetic moves.

20. Nate February 24, 2010 at 8:23 pm -

@Craig

You’re speaking utter crap.

Royal Pains was renewed for a 2nd season by USA.

21. vinny February 24, 2010 at 7:50 pm -

They should put this show on 7 Two as isn’t that what a secondary channel is for ?

Anyone agree with me on this ?

22. vinny February 24, 2010 at 7:49 pm -

Gee Seven is leading the way so far with changes and removal of programmes, Wonder if this trend will continue ???

Next possible headline ….Cougar Town moved to Seven Two ?

23. Craig February 24, 2010 at 6:57 pm -

Not surprising given it didn’t get re-newed in the US.

24. Stan February 24, 2010 at 6:33 pm -

… Just watch 30 Rock on 7PLUS? No big deal.

25. Daniel February 24, 2010 at 6:21 pm -

Goddamit put 30 Rock back to 10:30!

26. Stephen H February 24, 2010 at 6:09 pm -

I understand that 30 Rock may not work at say 7:30 and I can accept that however I fail to see why this show can’t air at 10:30 heck if they want to show those factuals then show them at 11pm after 30 Rock. I would prefer shows like Parks and Rec however I assume they are saving them for 7two once shows like Lost, 24 and Stagate Atlantis finish their episodes or even after Family Guy or 30 Rock have finished showing new eps in their late night timeslot.

Also I know some episodes of 30 Rock didn’t do well compared to how Scrubs had done the summer before but that is because all the 30 Rock eps were repeats and also Scrubs had Bones repeats for a lead in which got over a million during summer while 30 Rock just had repeat movies that only got about 500,000. I will say atleast Royal Pains gets to air after Scrubs and not dumped completely.

27. vrom February 24, 2010 at 5:42 pm -

Dont know the reason for this. They should wait till the Olympics are over and see how it rate then.

28. mathew February 24, 2010 at 5:25 pm -

Oh how pathetic I wish 7 would stop shoving factuals down our throats becuase 30 rock deserves at least a 10.30 timeslot

29. Rutzie February 24, 2010 at 5:05 pm -

I would’ve thought the more sensible thing to do would be to move 30 Rock to 10.30pm, but maybe that’s just me.