Airdate: The Pacific

By David Knox on April 1, 2010 / Filed Under Programming 24

HBO miniseries The Pacific will take on Hey Hey it’s Saturday when it premieres at 8:30pm Wednesday April 14th on Seven.

The lavish $200m miniseries, which has Seven funding in it, is part of the network’s renewed push in the return of survey ratings.

It’s no coincidence that Seven is airing the movie Saving Private Ryan next Wednesday night. The network also did its best to whet appetites with Band of Brothers over summer -all three were produced by the Spielberg / Hanks team.

This one has been a long time coming.

Worth the wait.

1. Bazza April 7, 2010 at 7:54 am -

@Paull

Twin HD tuner PVRs have dropped considerably. I’d still avoid the junk brands, but last week JB had the Beyonwiz L1 for $399 and this week they have the Homecast 8200 for $395, both are a decent quality unit.

If you only want SD channels (and at this stage that’s all you do need) you can still source the lower end Topfields (like the 5000MP & the 6000) for a couple of hundred bucks and then you can run TAPs to auto-add schedules.

2. tim April 3, 2010 at 8:30 pm -

Can’t ****ing wait

3. Ruth April 2, 2010 at 10:36 am -

Looking forward to The Pacific.
    I was never going to watch Hey Hey anyway.

4. Paull April 2, 2010 at 9:46 am -

And thus the downside of second digital channels begins. If only duel tuning recorders were affordable!

5. John Jackson April 1, 2010 at 11:52 pm -

Hectic.. bad enough with Lost and Fringe on at the same time, but soon Hey Hey will be in on the mix and now The Pacific? Couldn’t a different night be chosen for this?

I can only hope 7 does encore episodes for the whole series, whether it be on 7 itself or 7Two, otherwise I’ll have to be making use of the online catch up services.

6. vrom April 1, 2010 at 4:52 pm -

I am so stuck on what im going to do on that Wednesday ive been scrolling up and down this page for the last half hour!!!

7. ajf47 April 1, 2010 at 2:19 pm -

Annoying place to put it, I was a garenteed viewer in almost any other timeslot but I’ll be watching lost and recording fringe.

8. Mick April 1, 2010 at 2:19 pm -

I very much doubt Hey Hey will be on at 8.30pm. Or is going to be an old fashioned bumblnig through 3 hrs of Darryl dribble again?

9. Guy April 1, 2010 at 2:07 pm -

I can’t believe Seven didn’t fastrack this. As usual Australia is one of the last countries to air this – just check Wiki. Especially since it’s about the fight “for Australia”

I thinks CM is moving to Tuesdays, at least that’s what they said at the end of last nights episode.

10. Johnson April 1, 2010 at 1:38 pm -

I can’t wait for this one. However, as it clashes with the final two weeks of So You Think You Can Dance, I will have to watch the first two episodes of The Pacific on PLUS7 during the weekend.

11. AndrewM April 1, 2010 at 12:59 pm -

Pacific looks good. But I won’t be watching it on Seven. I’ll wait for the ad-free DVD set.

12. Ja'mie April 1, 2010 at 12:48 pm -

I’ll join the echo. Where is Criminal Minds?

13. Jason S April 1, 2010 at 12:07 pm -

Will be an interesting tussle Wednesday nights… Can’t really pick where the cards will fall…

14. Kevin April 1, 2010 at 11:52 am -

Aus viewers are already viewing this, as it started 2 weeks ago in the US.

15. wayne April 1, 2010 at 11:46 am -

crap,now there”s criminal minds,fringe,lost and pacific.what the hell am i gonna do now?

16. Tony April 1, 2010 at 11:26 am -

That’s really annoying putting The Pacific up against Lost. Who cares about Hey, Hey?

17. Luke W April 1, 2010 at 11:03 am -

Damn! Now I have a 3 programs vying for my attention at the same time (Hey Hey, Pacific, Lost). Looks like I will have to go back to the less traditional way of watching Lost once this starts up!

18. Paull April 1, 2010 at 10:40 am -

Any chance of a repeat on 7two every week? If I was seven i’d make the most of their second channel, come on seven it’s time.

19. Andre April 1, 2010 at 10:08 am -

The Pacific will lose the war.

20. JB April 1, 2010 at 9:03 am -

Ermmm what about Criminal Minds. Where’s that going??

21. Craig April 1, 2010 at 8:52 am -

Yes worth the wait, lucky enough to have seen the first 2 parts and it’s great, solid acting, great production values and a decent story, I like the lead-ins for each part.

Just a question this is around 55 min per ep, I guess on Seven it will run over 80 or 90 minutes with ads or do they have a deal in place for reduced ad breaks David?

22. Bazza April 1, 2010 at 8:46 am -

Any clue on the episode durations?

23. Peter April 1, 2010 at 7:14 am -

Well it will be The Pacific for me. HHIS is so yesterday!!!!

24. Paull April 1, 2010 at 6:23 am -

So we have the choice Pacific or lost.
    Guess I’ll be taping pacific on VHS then, I could bare not taping lost on the harddrive.