Airdate: Hamish & Andy’s Caravan of Courage: Great Britain & Ireland

By David Knox on May 28, 2010 / Filed Under Programming 20

The latest special for Hamish and Andy will air on TEN at 8pm Thursday June 17th.

Armed with only a campervan, their wits and a misplaced sense of adventure, who knows what lies ahead for Hamish and Andy as they drive from Cork to London in 12 days.

Glee won’t air on this night.

1. Goonies May 31, 2010 at 2:40 pm -

Oh dear – hell hath no fury like a Glee fan scorned!!

You all didn’t really expect to see a whole series from start to finish uninterrupted did you? You did!? ha ha ha some people.

I like H&A and they consistently rate well so I doubt David Mott will care about your complaints.

2. bogan pride May 30, 2010 at 8:08 pm -

Not bagging a&h out. But i just don’t find them funny. Those two and the cast of gnw, are the only “comedians” i can watch an enite show of, with a dead pan expression on my face.

3. AlvinC May 29, 2010 at 8:03 pm -

Can’t they just not have GNW for 1 week and have Hamish And Andy take their place. It’s ridiculous to ever push glee back. i can see all the hate mail David Mott will get.

4. Rob May 29, 2010 at 12:26 pm -

So forgettable.

5. Belinda May 29, 2010 at 12:16 pm -

Or put Hamish and Andy on the following Monday before Good News Week?

6. Tasha May 29, 2010 at 11:27 am -

Miss Glee for H&A? unacceptable! I love those boys, but Glee still wins! Why not put H&A on Wednesday after Masterchef? I’ll never understand the minds of programming directors at these networks.

7. Paull May 29, 2010 at 12:00 am -

By the way, I’d just like to add that despite my dislike for glee, that doesn’t mean I don’t recognise and respect the show and the show’s creators for a show that is completely different from any other show on tv, and is a ground breaking concept.

8. Paull May 28, 2010 at 10:38 pm -

Phew, glad to get at least 1 week of relief from those scary glee promos on ten!! (I don’t mean to offend those who like glee, I’d honestly watch it if they got rid of all the singing and half the actors)

9. davis May 28, 2010 at 10:32 pm -

bumping Glee mucks with Columbia’s next Extended Play release (scheduled for 18 June).

Actually, and completely sidetracked, the relationship between the music publishing and the TV show is kind of a throwback: Warner Bros early Merrie Melodies were probably the first example of this synergy where, in that case, the cartoons were there to sell gramophone records and sheet music.

10. Johnson May 28, 2010 at 9:28 pm -

I can understand why some people are frustrated to see Glee not being shown that night. Hamish and Andy begin their 12-day trip this weekend, and the TV special will air six days after the journey ends, while listeners still have fresh memory of the radio broadcast.

11. Emily May 28, 2010 at 9:24 pm -

I love Hamish and Andy but I am not impressed with ten taking Glee off for a week to play this. Surely it could have gone on another night? Not happy Channel 10!

12. ryaneco May 28, 2010 at 8:57 pm -

What a dumb programming move TEN! Play out Glee then air this; it’ll still get a Masterchef leadin; what’s the deal????? GRRRRR!!!!!!

13. Earthquake May 28, 2010 at 8:27 pm -

Why promote the hell out of Glee to shaft it for a week for a Hamish & Andy special…. unless – this is a big test for a variety/chat show later this year?

But still, can’t they just stick this on another night and leave Glee on?

14. RichoTB May 28, 2010 at 8:13 pm -

This doesn’t make sense. Why don’t they just air it on Wednesdays instead of Lie to Me for one week, I doubt it will rate higher than Glee.

15. D May 28, 2010 at 7:39 pm -

What’s with all the hate? Hamish & Andy are awesome!

16. Peter May 28, 2010 at 7:10 pm -

I dont beleive 10 are dropping Glee for this. I like Hamish and Andy but come on!!! Glee is Fantastic, H&A are just ok. This change is a dumb mistake.

17. ryan May 28, 2010 at 6:52 pm -

God these guys are boring, and not funny!!

18. Belinda May 28, 2010 at 6:21 pm -

Why Ten why?! Glee has four episodes left,can’t they just play out the season and then play this special.

19. Tristan May 28, 2010 at 6:08 pm -

what! just delay us even more from seeing the glee final

20. Michael May 28, 2010 at 6:08 pm -