Airdate: Undercover Boss Australia. Returning: Modern Family, NCIS, Good Wife

By David Knox on October 1, 2010 / Filed Under Programming 41

TEN has revealed its post Commonwealth Games schedule with a strong line-up of favourite shows.

Modern Family returns for its second season at 7pm Sunday October 17th. A repeat will air at 6:30pm. It is followed by Junior MasterChef, which will move into its episodes across three nights of the week: Sunday, Monday and Friday

Undercover Boss Australia will premiere 8:30pm Monday October 18th, which sees Good News Week bumped to 9:30pm with a one hour edition.

On Tuesday October 19th a new season of NCIS begins at 8:30pm, followed by repeats of NCIS: LA.

On Wednesday October 20th Glee is back followed by new episodes of The Good Wife. House moves to 9:30pm.

Thursday 21st sees Bondi Vet at 7:30pm plus Keeping Up With the Joneses in its regular slot (it premieres a week earlier at 9pm) then a double dose of Rush at 8:30pm. No word on Burn Notice.

Junior MasterChef is added to Friday night with a MasterClass.

Presuming most of these will run out to the end of the year, TEN has a pretty strong schedule here.

Which ones are you looking forward to?

1. David Knox October 13, 2011 at 6:46 pm -

But the 17th October was a Sunday in 2010 when this story was filed.

2. Tanya October 13, 2011 at 6:16 pm -

Was wondering why Modern Family was still repeats when the new season has started in Canada already, just a heads up I think you made an error on the date, this Sunday is the 16th not the 17th….
    Cheers
    Tanya :)

3. Kylie October 10, 2010 at 10:40 am -

So much rubbish on tv these days, shows like NCIS, House, GNW are the only thing worth watching. Good on you ten for waking up and snatching these great shows.
    big fan

4. Aimee Eddie October 5, 2010 at 2:08 pm -

Hey TEN,
    How about fastracking the new series of “Rules of Engagement”? If not I hope you’re bringing it back next year because it is a great show.
    I’m glad you are fastracking “NCIS”, but what happened to “Recruits”?

5. JTimelord October 5, 2010 at 1:13 am -

Sooo glad bout new season of NCIS, and LA after it, gunna be great, Rush is awesome so im glad thats still on, but GoodWife, i absolutely hate that show and wish it was still on sundays so it doesnt ruin my week! I like modern family being on at 6:30, and cant wait for Modern Family Australia!
    I think the only thing that could be changed is Good Wife being on Sundays Not Wednesday!

6. Goonies October 4, 2010 at 4:38 pm -

@ stevie g – why would you want to wait like another 6 months for Modern Family to come back on?

Have you missed the whole ‘fasttracking’ thing?

7. Lisa October 4, 2010 at 4:11 pm -

It’s a shame that Hawaii Five-0 is not being fast-tracked. The two eps so far have been very good.

8. RichoTB October 3, 2010 at 11:57 pm -

I agree Steph. TGW should stay on Sundays after Offspring

House has been rating better than normal in its current slot…why don’t they just leave it there and fast-track the new season of Lie to Me?

and I reckon TGW will retain less demos from Glee. Glee/House are a lot more compatible and appeal to a more similar audience, rather than the oddly lumped between TGW which is more a show for viewers aged 35+

9. jack October 3, 2010 at 9:22 am -

Then another few weeks and it will be goodbye Neighbours on Ten =(

10. steph October 2, 2010 at 10:33 pm -

I with that they could keep House in that 8:30 timeslot after Glee. The Good Wife was fine with it’s spot on a Sunday sothey should just keep it there.

11. ryaneco October 2, 2010 at 8:16 am -

Why bother with a repeat Modern Family at 6.30?!?!? They have 1 more episode of Rules and Engagement left and then they could start airing the new season of that one as well! Rules at 6.30 New Modern Family at 7. We shouldn’t have to watch repeats when there is new content available :(

12. Craig October 2, 2010 at 7:10 am -

@Not Happy Sam – ONE has been going for over 18 months so TGW has never been seen in this country on HD.

I’d rather have my sport in HD on FTA any day than the occasional drama in HD.

As for GNW I agree, lately with the delayed starts due to shows running over time and the banter the games don’t get start until almost 9pm! I tighter 1 hours format would be good, but will they stick to it?

13. steve October 2, 2010 at 1:04 am -

Looking forward to new NCIS last ep was Soo good

Also, what happened to the days when House used to get 1.8 million viewers?

14. Harry October 1, 2010 at 11:47 pm -

So what happens with Recruits? Is that on at 8.00 or is that Keeping Up With the Jones’s now?

15. Doctor Ry October 1, 2010 at 11:06 pm -

I agree with ryan – best move they could make is to push GNW back and make it an hour. Hopefully the tighter editing will return it to form.

16. Not Happy Sam October 1, 2010 at 10:19 pm -

Wow, The Good Wife coming back on crappy SD instead of HD.
    Burn Notice will also be on crappy SD.
    Why are all these stations putting good shows on SD and crappy shows on HD?

No wonder people download TV shows.

17. Daniel October 1, 2010 at 9:38 pm -

JMC! It’s Cooties in capital letters. :~( This is just become so off putting. I mean they praise everything! Wheres the oops and uh oh’s! Come on George D’oh! already.

18. Alex T October 1, 2010 at 9:09 pm -

the thing that sticks out for me from this article is GNW = 1hr long.. thank christ! I’ll start watching it again now that it’s not ridiculously long

19. Jen13 October 1, 2010 at 8:33 pm -

Returning: Modern Family, NCIS, Good Wife – all good viewing with Good Wife really excellent.
    Add Glee to that list and it’s my full list of channel10 shows.

20. Harry October 1, 2010 at 8:01 pm -

NCIS is returning – That great news, just made my day!

Also looking forward to return of The GoodWife and Modern Family, as well as the movie length episode of Rush and Junior MC.

21. Johnson October 1, 2010 at 7:55 pm -

So the premiere of season 2 of Undercover Boss US was only a one-off. I hope Ten will show the rest of the series at the start of ratings season next February.
    @Craig: Glee and House will still be called “fast-tracked”. As I have said here several times before, October is baseball playoffs time in the US and the Fox network, who shows the World Series finals as well as House and Glee, is the most affected. House will have a two week break and Glee a week’s break towards the end of October to make way for baseball, plus they can be taken off with 1-2 week’s notice for other matches. So Australia will eventually catch up with the US.

22. Belinda October 1, 2010 at 7:30 pm -

I do think House works better with Glee, so Ten should switch it with The Good Wife.

23. Srdjan October 1, 2010 at 7:30 pm -

Hi David, regarding burn notice,ten advertised yesterday that burn notice would return 9:30 Thursday October 28, so I assume the double episodes of rush are for 1 week only, on Thursday October 21st.

24. JB October 1, 2010 at 7:30 pm -

Looks like i’ll be watching Ten Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. That’s a great line-up. Not interested in Undercover Boss, but great that Ten is fastracking all the US shows.

25. aznfratboy October 1, 2010 at 6:58 pm -

@ Tristan, It probably is a bad move, as viewers, we find it hard to adjust to shows moving timeslots, and it’s not like Good Wife’s old stomping ground 8:30 Sunday is dominated by Offspring or anything, I mean, the Only reason Offspring has Amy viewers really is because of JMC, seriously, seven episodes or so in, she’s got the doctor, dated him, And cheated on him, cmon, that’s about 4 seasons worth of material for a standard quality TV show.

And really, 3 episodes of MasterChef a week? They fast track half their line-up, and they Still require 3 episodes of MC? Because 1 hour a week of kids dressing up and playing, and three fat guys who can’t dress properly overpraising these parasites isn’t enough in primetime?

26. Belinda October 1, 2010 at 6:58 pm -

I have started to watch season 2 of Modern Family, but I will stop now and watch the rest on Ten. I will do the same with The Good Wife. Thanks Ten.

27. ryan October 1, 2010 at 6:52 pm -

I want all of them!!!! And best news that good new weeks is pushed back and made an hr ep!!

28. Craig October 1, 2010 at 6:44 pm -

Why show new NCIS and re-run the LA version, especially when in the US they shows 2x of the LA and a single of the original? What will happen if they have another crossover later in the season?

So with a 2 week break they will they still be calling Glee and House at ‘fast tracked’? Since it will be 2 weeks old by then. Yes I know it’s a lot better than in the past I’m sure 1000s of Cleeks won’t be waiting.

29. Ruddeger October 1, 2010 at 6:42 pm -

Showing repeats of NCIS:LA is just dumb.Let’s hope there are no crossovers episodes or the storylines will be all over the place.

30. Jordan October 1, 2010 at 6:31 pm -

Will they play the rest of the US version of undercover boss after the Australian series? They have some good companies left in the series.

31. Zee Kay October 1, 2010 at 6:24 pm -

This is good to hear. Looking forward to Modern Family S2 and Good Wife S2. So glad Ten is not holding onto these until next year. Good move on their part!

32. Jerome October 1, 2010 at 6:13 pm -

Finally they have come to their senses and moved GNW to 9:30. I am Interested in Keeping up with the Joneses.

interesting to see that double Rush, they said they would be holding episodes over for next year but if they do that double and run all the way till the end of the year they will only be holding off 4 episodes. hardly worth it.

33. chad October 1, 2010 at 6:09 pm -

rush is a movie length episode with burn notice returnig Thursday the 28th if memory serves me correct (as per last nights advert after their eps)

34. MillerT1 October 1, 2010 at 6:06 pm -

Only Undercover Boss Australia.

35. Chris October 1, 2010 at 5:59 pm -

I’m looking most forward to Modern Family and Junior Masterchef! :D I don’t particularly care for Keeping Up With the Joneses or Undercover Boss Australia. The former is boring, the latter is PR.

36. stevie g October 1, 2010 at 5:54 pm -

Interesting that they are staring the new season of Modern Family, so soon after the first has finished. I thought they would have been better off saving them for next year.

37. Nathan from Extra Source Podcast October 1, 2010 at 5:53 pm -

Undercover Boss!!!!!!!!!!!! woooooooooo hooooooo

38. Redbullboy October 1, 2010 at 5:44 pm -

Where’s Recruits? I don’t recall anything being said last night about it being the final episode.

39. Jeremy October 1, 2010 at 5:43 pm -

When will Ten air season two of NCIS: LA, as they’ll be showing repeats from season one instead?

40. Trix October 1, 2010 at 5:27 pm -

I like it that Rush is holding its place Thursday 8.30. They were there first, and Cops LAC can find somewhere else to play! Interesting that they’re running double episodes.

41. Tristan October 1, 2010 at 5:11 pm -

Good Wife on Wednesday = bad move.