West Wing reunion

By David Knox on October 19, 2010 / Filed Under News 12

Actors from The West Wing recently gathered for a reunion and photo shoot for Entertainment Weekly.

They included Martin Sheen (President Josiah Bartlet), Allison Janney (C.J. Cregg), Bradley Whitford (Josh Lyman), Elisabeth Moss (Zoey Bartlet), Dulé Hill (Charlie Young), Janel Moloney (Donna Moss), Kathryn Joosten (Dolores Landingham), and Stockard Channing (Abigail Bartlet).

The actors also remembered John Spencer, who played Chief of Staff (and later vice-presidential candidate) Leo McGarry; Spencer died suddenly on Dec. 16, 2005 in the middle of the seventh and ultimately final season. “It’s not The West Wing without John Spencer,” said Hill. “All the time, he would be saying, ‘We wouldn’t be getting this [experience] if we were on a cop show.’ He would always say that with a big smile on his face whenever we had some kind of amazing experience because we were on this show about the White House.”

A special edition of the magazine also features reunions for Back to the Future, The Lord of the Rings, Will & Grace, Scream, Pretty in Pink, Alias, Married… With Children, and more.

1. Ade October 20, 2010 at 9:49 pm -

I’ve been working in this industry for nearly a quarter of a century now (at a decent level), and whenever I refer to quality television drama, “The West Wing” is always my benchmark reference. I have every episode, and have still not grown tired of it… Truly brilliant.

2. Lyn October 20, 2010 at 8:07 pm -

Thanks so much for the link, David :)
    That was my all time favourite show!!!

Please Bradley get rid of the moustache & funny glasses … ;)
    Where oh where has Josh gone? lol

3. Sharpy October 20, 2010 at 6:33 pm -

Still one of the most well written ensemble dramas for quite some time… I’m currently in the middle of my umpteenth full series watch-through and still enjoying it. Mr Sorkin you are to be commended!

4. Michelle October 20, 2010 at 1:29 pm -

Thanks for the link David just watched all the interviews a lot of my favourites included, Pretty in Pink, Gilmore Girls etc.

5. john October 19, 2010 at 5:03 pm -

Any idea if and when this will be re-shown on FTA?

6. Secret Squïrrel October 19, 2010 at 1:05 pm -

My all-time favourite drama series and the only one I would definitely rate 5 stars out of 5. The story had such depth and breadth, the cast were all fantastic, and the cinematography was superb. I was always left wanting more after each episode.

After Nine wrecked the experience for me I was extremely happy when I first heard that ABC2 were going to show it. (Can I have S5 of “The Wire” too, please?).

7. Matty October 19, 2010 at 12:24 pm -

Clearly one of the best ever. I saw a few episdoes from season one recently and it hasn’t aged at all. The whip smart dialogue is funny and actually informs as well.

8. Armchair Analyst October 19, 2010 at 11:16 am -

How is it possible to have a reunion after only 4 or 5 years off air. You would have thought that a show needed to be off air for atleast 10 years. However it was a good show, but i didnt watch it.

9. Regan October 19, 2010 at 10:28 am -

In a world of reality programmes, The West Wing was enough to restore my faith that television could be an artform.

10. Phoenix727 October 19, 2010 at 8:19 am -

A great show and cast, wonderful writing. I love this show the only regret is it didn’t continue into the Santos Presidency.

One question: Where’s Rob Lowe?

11. Craig October 19, 2010 at 7:25 am -

You forgot the Gilmore Girls, online one of the most talked about shows that fans want more of!

12. Tango October 19, 2010 at 6:49 am -

Thanks for that David – I really miss the West Wing!