Gallery: Offspring finale

By David Knox on November 20, 2010 / Filed Under Programming 38

Look who makes an appearance in the double episode finale of Offspring on Sunday night.

And someone may return the favour by appearing back on their show next week too….

If you’re a fan of Offspring, the episodes converge several storylines that have been brewing.

TV Tonight attended the final location shoot of the series (final pic) on a bitterly cold day in August. The cast were doing their best to shrug off the chill and stay cheerful for a group scene, but it was hard going. The rigors of show business!

The final two eps for the year air at 8:30pm Sunday. Don’t miss Eddie Perfect’s perfect song…

1. Rose December 1, 2010 at 12:14 pm -

Amazing song.

Heart That’s Pounding
    Sally Seltmann

This is the song at the end with the balloons, took me ages but i finally found it and worth it!!!

Enjoy

2. Lee November 26, 2010 at 2:43 pm -

For me Offspring is my out time. I escape into the tv world of caos called Offspring and love it. The Producers are doing a great job please keep it going. Great to see an Aussie show that’s not cops orientated. Good on ya Ten.

3. kris November 22, 2010 at 10:17 pm -

Forget Nina and Chris’ song, how funny was the song Billie’s boyf (forget his name)sung at the end of the show! Can you get it on-line? I need another dose immediately!

4. Karen November 22, 2010 at 7:15 pm -

does anyone know the name of the song in the final scene (with chris and nina)?

5. kirsty November 22, 2010 at 6:29 pm -

what was the song at the end of the last episode – where they were kissing amongst the balloons? anyone know?

cheers

6. Goonies November 22, 2010 at 3:32 pm -

I am a little confused about the timing on Offspring.

The nurse that gave birth last night only got pregnant after the series has started and just gave birth at 36 weeks, so I assume everything that has happened happened in an 8 month period – is that correct or has the timing been fidgeted with?

So Nina and Chris have been faffing about not getting it on for 8 months!! get it together already people.

7. Russell November 22, 2010 at 2:56 am -

@Webster. Ten also has NCIS, NCIS LA, House, Good Wife, all the Law & Orders.
    Offspring beats them all

8. JimJim November 22, 2010 at 1:55 am -

@Andrew

I noticed the nice sky in the distance, but it’s like that sometimes here in Melbourne strangely enough. It can be sunny and raining at the same time.

I quite enjoyed the season finale (as with the show in general), the ending was a little bit anti-climatic, but it seemed like all the loose ends had been tied up and they had nothing to lead into S2, so I guess it’s good that way. The fireman scene was hilarious.

9. David Knox November 22, 2010 at 1:12 am -

Told u Eddie’s song was ace. The park scenes were filmed over at least 2 days, including with a rain machine for 1 day. On the day I visited they sure didn’t need it.

10. Andrew November 22, 2010 at 12:54 am -

A very intense season finale if ever I saw one. But the character of Nina still annoys the crap outta me. She has all along. Being so jumpy whenever there’s anything to do with dr Lurve (a married man btw but we’ve already seen this character has a problem with morals!)… totally irritates me. As does her ringtone… But It’s Kat Stewart who saves the show for me, i love her character and she is a great actress. I didn’t think she could top her performance as Roberta Williams but she so has. Most Outstanding Actress award contender for the Logies next year I’m sure.

Loved the song that wrapped up the storyline at the end! That was awesome.

I did laugh too looking at that outdoor scene where they are getting pelted with “rain” but it’s beautiful and sunny all around them but it looks like they tinted the picture to try and make it look less bright and sunny? The perils of filming outdoors on a tight timeframe I suppose.

11. Shanz November 21, 2010 at 10:58 pm -

I know good when I see it.. So freakin proud 2 b a melbourien, completly hooked like an s.o.b.. storey lines, acting, directing its about time a decent show worth watching has arrived in the nick of time ya hoo!! I will support this show until it becomes rediculous like most others.

12. Glen November 21, 2010 at 8:22 pm -

Even the ads annoy me. The biggest improver this year has to be Rush – its really come along.

13. stevie g November 21, 2010 at 7:10 pm -

I was watching this show for the first half of its season, but It would annoy me that Asher Keddie and Don Hany could never string a sentance together when they spoke to each other. And all the plot twists I’ve seen done so much better on other soaps.

14. webster November 21, 2010 at 4:27 pm -

@ Russell it wouldn’t take much to be Ten’s #1 drama with Neighbours and Rush as the other contenders.

15. Son November 21, 2010 at 3:11 pm -

Russell, whichever way you look at it with your massive one eye? lol.

16. Russell November 21, 2010 at 12:38 pm -

Offspring is Ten’s #1 drama in 18-49 and their #2 drama in total people.

Also Offspring is the #3 Australian drama in 18-49 behind Packed to the Rafters and Underbelly.

Any way you look at it, I’d call that a massive hit

17. Chris November 21, 2010 at 10:50 am -

I heart Shaun Micallef.

18. ugh... November 21, 2010 at 9:43 am -

if the ads were better, it would probably rate better

19. Son November 21, 2010 at 9:28 am -

This show is such an insult. The only half decent thing to come out of it is Kat Stewart’s character.

20. dave November 21, 2010 at 7:54 am -

If Offspring is a flop, then Rush, City homicide, are abysmal failures – which they are not. Get a grip people. the dramedy with egdey and neurotic characters has found an audience and critical favour. A Sunday night timeslot (always risky), largely female driven plot, less than sweet and wholesome characters and storylines, and a drifting time slot (8.30,. 8.45. 9.00.) haven’t deterred nearly a million viewers following it.

21. JimJim November 21, 2010 at 2:29 am -

Didn’t the first three or four eps all crack the 1 million mark on ratings? Regardless, it has a solid audience week-in-week-out.

I absolutely love this show, it also gets a lot of love on Facebook every Sunday night.

22. Harry November 20, 2010 at 10:11 pm -

Cant wait the season finale – I dont think this series should move to 22 episodes, I think 13 is perfect for it because its never been a high rater.

Love it, cant wait for Season 2!

23. KB November 20, 2010 at 9:22 pm -

This show has never been a high rater and never will be. Yet another Ten drama flop.

24. Craig November 20, 2010 at 7:40 pm -

Good to be reminded it’s been renewed, like I said I like it, mainly because it’s not another cop show and the medical stuff is second to the family story.

Weird there airing the last 2 eps back to back, maybe they didn’t plan on one of the weeks off? I hope given the story you can’t notice the break and it feels like a 2 hour movie length ep. I hate when they stick to eps together calling it ‘movie length and there are 2 distinct stories. It’s even works when one of the eps is a re-run like Seven is doing with City Homicide.

Can’t wait for the Offspring final!

25. David Knox November 20, 2010 at 12:36 pm -

Cheers Maev….also might be a good time to remind people about show Tags at the end of the story. You can always click on the Tag to see recent stories where a show has been mentioned.

26. Maev November 20, 2010 at 12:07 pm -

Yes folks….David had already advised that Offspring will be renewed…
    I ..for one…am very pleased….
    And to all those who asked the question…..
    Do as I do….Bookmark or add this site to your favourites ….and drop in every time you are on your computer…..David always has something new to tell us….and a number of times I have read things here ….before it turned up as ‘breaking news’ on various news sites….
    Also keeps me up to date on station changes…that may not yet be on program sites.

27. brent November 20, 2010 at 11:50 am -

any news of overseas sales eg New Zealand?

28. David Knox November 20, 2010 at 11:32 am -

Offspring was renewed for second series a while ago. This is partly why Rush drops back to 13 eps. The finale is 2 eps back to back. Yes I spoke to cast and ran a feature interview on the lovely Deborah Mailman at the time. They were all trying to stay warm, shocker of a day. Kat Stewart was gorgeous as always, because she remembers I was following her work before she hit the big time. Don Hany kept calling me “Sir Knox” haha cheeky bugger.

If you have enjoyed the series so far you’ll be happy with the finale, has some good moments.

29. sarah h November 20, 2010 at 10:37 am -

sounds ominous, anyone reckon this show will get renewed?

30. Nik C November 20, 2010 at 10:21 am -

It has been a great season! Looking forward to the finale!

31. barnes November 20, 2010 at 9:50 am -

Ugh. Switch off factor for me.

32. Andy November 20, 2010 at 9:44 am -

I absolutely love this show! Can’t wait for the finale!

33. far2busy November 20, 2010 at 9:37 am -

Has Offspring been renewed for next year…. or do I get my wife back ?

34. aussietv November 20, 2010 at 9:36 am -

Could it be possible Shaun will do an Offspring parody on Talkin Bout… in the vein of Dracula having a Seachange? One for the Micallef fans there ;)

35. dave November 20, 2010 at 8:41 am -

My wish: Silver Logie nominations for Asher Keddie and Kat Stewart – two sublime performances this year. Great supporting cast, caliber actors like Linda Cropper and Deb Mailman and John Waters; some great new talent Richard Davies and Eddie Perfect. AFI’s largely snubbed it, maybe Logies will endorse it.

36. Adam Oriti Art November 20, 2010 at 7:46 am -

Has this got a 2nd season David?

37. Craig November 20, 2010 at 7:28 am -

Will this be 2 eps or like the pilot an actual 2 hour episode?

I know some of the comments haven’t been kind but I like the show it does have its moments.

Didn’t realize it was shot so long ago, wow August.

38. ryan November 20, 2010 at 5:21 am -

Did you speak to any of them david? were they nice? what did you think of the experience man