TEN: Summer schedule

By David Knox on November 15, 2010 / Filed Under Programming 61

TEN has released it schedule for the first week of summer and there are some surprises in store.

In the week commencing November 28th TEN has new episodes of Glee, Rush, The Simpsons, Raising Hope, Recruits, Undercover Boss USA, White Collar, Rules of Engagement, Neighbours and Go Girls.

Other brands are in repeat including Modern Family, NCIS: Los Angeles, Lie to Me and Law and Order: SVU. Good News Week will also repeat (would that make it Good News Last Week?)

The 7PM Project remains (so far with the same cast). There are several movies. And there’s a load of Simpsons repeats from a channel that is about to give up the brand.

But given many shows are being saved for ELEVEN, this is pretty good, with first-run episodes of popular shows. The inclusion of Glee and Rush is a bold move.

Raising Hope may become one of summer’s breakout hits….

Sunday Nov 28
6:00pm The Simpsons rpt
6:30pm Rules of Engagement rpt
7:00pm Rules of Engagement
7:30pm Hamish & Andy’s Caravan Of Courage: Great Britain & Ireland rpt
8:30pm Movie: Shallow Hal
10:45pm Movie: Borat: Cultural Learnings Of America For Make Benefit Glorious Nation Of Kazakhstan rpt

Monday Nov 29

6:30pm The Simpsons rpt
7:00pm The Simpsons rpt
7:30pm Movie: Back To The Future rpt
9:45pm Movie: Love’s Brother
11:50pm Dead Again

1. Amelia December 2, 2011 at 11:11 am -

And who on the name of god can watch Glee? that is the most idiotic tv show in history. I will miss NCIS though. I dont like NCIS LA.

2. kalliste December 3, 2010 at 7:42 am -

Argh, why are the Modern Family episodes repeats?? Season 2 only just started airing! I finally get the chance to watch it on the new time slot and it is repeat episodes boo!

3. tellie November 21, 2010 at 11:35 pm -

Probably catch a few things on 10, like the (new) Glee & Rush, and some of SVU(rpt).

4. Nik C November 18, 2010 at 8:56 am -

Lol @ Ralph Malph
    The idea Ch10 are “burning off” Rush, perhaps just finishing the season, rather than waiting 3 months like the other channels.

And as for no place in an older skewing 10, I thought Packer was going to target the yuoths even more….???

5. franz chong November 17, 2010 at 3:28 pm -

They ditched the Cleveland Show for that Glee Crap….Bad move Channel 10 to go from a double dose of laughter with Good News Week as a lead in show to what is essentially a grown up’s version of High School Musical.

6. Aimee Eddie November 17, 2010 at 1:59 pm -

I am so glad that TEN is showing new episodes of Rules of Engagement!!! :)

It is my favourite show!!!!!!

And the same with Recruits too, but I wish TEN would keep showing new episodes of NCIS.

7. alvar November 17, 2010 at 12:54 pm -

modern family and glee are tens highest rating shows and the way ten keep moving them around schedule viewers will eventually give up. modern family should have been left on Tuesdays from the start, thats where it rated highest, and Glee started its season on Wednesdays, it should stay on Wednesdays.
    also, wouldnt it be better to finish off remaining episodes of Burn Notice over summer since its ratings are low instead of holding off?

8. Bela November 17, 2010 at 3:07 am -

Shocking…. no supernatural. does anyone keep their words these days

even though i already bought the boxset i was going to wait til it came out on ten to see the new epis.. then i thought why shouldi wait for then to become competent. however i will of course watch it when it Finally does come on 11. i mean the station are idgits and don’t deserve my viewership, but the show has been constistently brilliant and they do. I’m not going to punish sn cuz im pi**ed at ten. however im not snobbing ten because of this… they just dont have anything remotely appealing…. funny a few years ago, it was the only station ireally watched

9. Justin November 16, 2010 at 11:47 pm -

Will be very interesting to see what fills the lineup with The Simpsons move to 11, given a lot of stuff is being saved for 11 as well.

A pity they are showing Malcolm at 3:30pm weekdays now – last Summer it did a good job for Ten. It would’ve been good to see the last couple of seasons again that 9 buried on weekend afternoons.

10. Kenny November 16, 2010 at 10:24 pm -

Ah, “Back to the Future”. What’s that now, 43rd run?
    With so many repeats on TEN what repeats are they going to repeat on 11?

11. Ralph Malph November 16, 2010 at 10:15 pm -

Looks like they just want to burn off the Rush episodes and show it as little as possible during the ratings season, maybe move it to a late slot and just use it for the drama points that they deseperately need. It’s quite clear Rush never has and never will be a high rater and really shouldn’t have even been renewed, it’s got no place in an older skewing Ch10.

12. ant November 16, 2010 at 9:40 pm -

Bewdy, they are putting White Collar on again. and Raising Hope is looking very promising on the ads, quirky.

No mention of Supernatural. Doesn’t matter, I’m just buying it on DVD as they release it in the US.

13. Donald November 16, 2010 at 8:50 pm -

stevie g, 1st showing of The Simpsons here was actually in The Tracey Ullman show, in the late eighties, prior to it being spun-off into it’s own series, however from memory that was on the ABC, so I doubt 10 would want to celebrate that anniversary, even if it hadn’t already passed. :-)

14. Cam Reed November 16, 2010 at 3:38 pm -

@Tasmanian de√il I wonder if TEN are doing this because of PVR’s.

I know now I hardly watch anything when it’s actually on, always Record it, with TEN I find I’m constantly double checking the Guide on the PVR in case of changes. I wonder if they think swapping things around will get people noticing other shows on too watch in there schedule (can’t say it works for me).

15. Tasmanian de√il November 16, 2010 at 1:19 pm -

Ten’s messy scheduling recently is starting to get annoying, especially the temporary timeslots they are giving shows, even shows I don’t watch. It’s like they aren’t planning ahead. All New Simpsons, starts Wed, vanishes, an ep on a Sat, vanishes, two eps Fri 6:00, vanishes, double eps for two weeks Fri 7:30, then new eps on Tue. Glee, starts on Sun, moves to Thu, Sun again, vanishes, Thu 8:00, returns S2 on Wed, vanishes, now Mon. Modern Family, starts Tue 8:00, then Sun 6:30 and Tue 7:30, then just Sun 6:30, then Sun 7:00, then add an extra Wed ep for two weeks, then repeats. Undercover Boss, starts Sun, moves to Mon, extra ep Wed one week, takes a break, returns S2 for one week, replaces with Aus version, returns.

16. ryaneco November 16, 2010 at 11:47 am -

I wish Ten continued with The Good Wife over summer; help rebuild the audience it has lost since the

17. Craig November 16, 2010 at 11:12 am -

@Dave – I think they must have got a BluRay copy of BTTF :)

Loads of re-runs but still better than Seven, looks almost as good as some of the stuff Nine had planned. So they have Glee listed but no House or TGW? And when will the 2nd season of NCIS LA start?

18. catherine November 16, 2010 at 9:48 am -

Cant you repeat the Hamish and Andy Indian trip instead of the UK one please ten. I missed that special due to being overseas.

But at least I have the 7pm project to watch over summer.

19. CaM Reed November 16, 2010 at 9:46 am -

Pity Medium isn’t making an appearance, sure it didn’t rate however at least finish it off, Wgite Collar back is great, pity Lie To Me are repeats given that are new in the US, but it is in the silly season and it was a top rating show.

Glee would have to have the week or so delay to sort out Music Licensing issues before being shown would it not?

20. mojoman November 16, 2010 at 8:54 am -

“And there’s a load of Simpsons repeats from a channel that is about to give up the brand.” I may have missed this one but where are the simpsons going?? does this mean ch 11?

21. Dave November 16, 2010 at 7:08 am -

their couldn’t be any iron oxide left on the back to the future tape. they’ve played it so many times

22. Jen13 November 16, 2010 at 1:11 am -

I’d liketo see the last season of Medium too.
    Happy to see White Collar back, though have to wonder why it’s on after a repeat of NCIS LA and not before?
    Where is The Good Wife?
    I’ll have a look at Raising Hope, but there’s not much else there except repeats repeats repeats. No thanks.

23. aussie November 16, 2010 at 12:59 am -

Ten seriously needs to give Bold and the Beautiful a late night (say 10.30pm) repeat on Eleven when its up and running

24. Lyn November 16, 2010 at 12:44 am -

Excuse me Channel 10, where is NCIS?
    I don’t like NCIS LA
    I prefer the real thing … with Gibbs!!!

Please fix it,

thanks :)

25. RO November 15, 2010 at 11:53 pm -

Not sure but they’ve been updating their @eleven_tv twitter profile and apparently have plans to launch an iPhone app as well

26. Chris November 15, 2010 at 11:40 pm -

“Remember that girl I got pregnant that murdered those people?”

Still makes me laugh every time I hear it XD

27. ryan November 15, 2010 at 11:00 pm -

Has anyone noticed any promo’s for eleven? I did see one like 2 months ago but havn’t seen any since, Ten should be promoting it.

28. JB November 15, 2010 at 10:44 pm -

I hope Raising Hope is a hit because it’s great. I think I like it more than Modern Family. Definitely a better line up with what Seven have offered, but still far too many repeats for my liking.

29. A. November 15, 2010 at 10:18 pm -

I can’t wait for Eleven. I take it that the programming will be announced some time in late December. Assuming it’ll still start on Jan 11.

30. Nathan November 15, 2010 at 10:03 pm -

@billy The 11:45 starts aren’t too bad but it’s even worse on Friday or Saturday morning, nearly 1:00am sometimes, it’s ridiculous. I’m hoping when Letterman moves to ELEVEN, it’s in a decent time slot like 10:30.

31. steven guy November 15, 2010 at 10:01 pm -

Looking at the summer schedules I wonder if the networks really need 3 channels each. There seems to be endless repeats of everything and then they repeat them again.
    Wouldn’t the quality of pramming be better with just a primary HD and one SD channel each.
    I might take a walk !

32. Bogues November 15, 2010 at 9:58 pm -

I’m with andrew_81. Disappointed not to see Outrageous Fortune in ten’s summer lineup.

33. slappa November 15, 2010 at 9:55 pm -

i know neighbours is going to 11 but why dont we give a try at 730 for the first few weeks of summer, back to the furture on Again.

34. reesie November 15, 2010 at 9:06 pm -

oh whoopsie.
    well im glad Glee isnt gonna be so far behind like with the comm games then.

35. billy balakalai November 15, 2010 at 8:28 pm -

Is it really s hard to keep Letterman at the same time each night ?

Sometimes it is 11.15, sometimes 11.45, sometimes 12.30, 12.40…

36. Zee Kay November 15, 2010 at 8:27 pm -

Glad to see White Collar is returning soon. What’s happened to The Good Wife? Thought TEN were fast tracking with Season 2.

37. Stan November 15, 2010 at 8:21 pm -

Stevie G,

Didn’t the first season of The Simpsons debut on Seven because of their 20th Century Fox output deal at the time? I could be wrong…

On another note, I’m sad that Modern Family is moving out of their Sunday evening timeslot. It clashes with The 7:30 Report for me now. Oh well.

38. snapper jack November 15, 2010 at 8:15 pm -

can someone tell me when Ten will put Medium back on? very annoyed. if they won’t put in the summer break I’ll have to wait til the box set comes out. grrrr

39. Harry November 15, 2010 at 7:56 pm -

No original NCIS? I must congratulate TEN on not airing NCIS, they’ve done the repeats to death. Good move, although interesting they are airing NCIS: LA both Tues + Wed.

Good move by TEN to show new Rush – Rush rates poorly so they might as well show all the eps rather than wait till next year.

40. Vicky November 15, 2010 at 7:52 pm -

Great to see White Collar back. Seen the first 9 episodes in season 2 and its really good.

41. Bre Saxs November 15, 2010 at 7:45 pm -

Looks great, although I find it odd that Modern Family is in repeats when new episodes only just began. When does Neighbours finish for the year and Ten? Any idea when Medium is resuming? How old are the Good News Week shows? I agree that an hour and a half of Simpsons on a Saturday evening is a bit much.

42. David Knox November 15, 2010 at 7:44 pm -

Would expect some to be taking time off for summer. No different to brekkie telly.

43. Matt November 15, 2010 at 7:44 pm -

why make Rush fail more! most of their audience will be on holiday like me.

44. Goonies November 15, 2010 at 7:39 pm -

“The 7PM Project remains (so far with the same cast).”

What’s this? Are there rumours someone is leaving the show? For the love of all things entertainment please let it be Carrie, the woman lives in the dark ages.

45. Brad November 15, 2010 at 7:01 pm -

Thank goodness that channel ten are keeping up with showing new Glee … it’s bad enough that Australia is now gonna be almost a week behind the US – if channel ten hadn’t kept new Glee around after ratings finished they would be stuffed coz we’d all find it elsewhere out of frustration!! … Good move ten!

46. CK November 15, 2010 at 6:56 pm -

@ reesie – glee will be on monday 22nd – so only 1.5 week break

47. Janey November 15, 2010 at 6:53 pm -

@reesie, Glee is not taking a two and a half week break…episode 7 is telecast in the U.S. on Tuesday 16th November and telecast here on Monday 22nd November (which is less than a week after U.S. and before another new episode is available), episode 8 will then be telecast in the U.S. a week later on Tuesday 23rd November and telecast in Australia on Monday 29th November. The show is still up-to-date and being fast tracked.

48. Shane Lee November 15, 2010 at 6:52 pm -

There is currently a one week break in the US for glee hence why we are having one :)

49. Andrew_81 November 15, 2010 at 6:46 pm -

No Outrageous Fortune? Or are they moving that to 11?

50. dave November 15, 2010 at 6:28 pm -

I wish 10 would be consistent with the New Simpsons. Just saw a promo for 2 new eps this Friday at 7.30pm. Honestly, nights are all over the shop, some new, some old. I’m middle aged – my brain can’t cope! I have enough trouble remembering all my pin numbers let alone when my fave shows are on.

51. Johnson November 15, 2010 at 6:22 pm -

Good news about Glee continuing into summer. But three repeat episodes of The Simpsons on Saturday nights is too much.

52. ryan November 15, 2010 at 6:20 pm -

Awesome as! so much better than 7’s summer schedule!

53. koverstreet November 15, 2010 at 6:13 pm -

Mmm not much there really – I’ll be watching one of my new favourite shows Modern Family, especially as I’m a new convert and missed most of S1. Aside from that and the usuals like Neighbours and Lettermen that’s it. Hopefully the NCIS rpts will be back friday nights too.

54. Jeremy November 15, 2010 at 6:10 pm -

I have noticed that NCIS is missing from the summer schedules this year. I don’t think we need Simpsons repeats anymore, because last year they replayed episodes between 1998 to 2002, which I am tired of watching it over and over again. I also think we need to get rid of Good News Week, I agree with David, it’s Good News Last Week and make NCIS: LA into new episodes instead of repeats. I might watch Eleven when it launches, I am too tired of this mess. Terrible scheduling Ten!

55. bindi November 15, 2010 at 6:08 pm -

nice to see white collar back.

56. Jake November 15, 2010 at 5:58 pm -

Wow, looks good. Seven and Nine are gonna have to lift their game this summer if this is what Ten is giving us. Great to have White Collar back, loved this as a summer show last year.

57. stevie g November 15, 2010 at 5:57 pm -

Oh, also Raising Hope looks good. Ten is certainly an improvement on Seven’s summer offering.

58. reesie November 15, 2010 at 5:57 pm -

whats with Glee taking a 2.5 week break?
    theres no break in filming in the US so theres no big reason too.

i know Raising Hope is taking its time slot but waiting over 2 weeks to pop a new episode on seems kinda stupid.
    maybe Ten is gonna advertise the shit outta the fact Gwenyth Paltrow is on it…. :\

59. jezza November 15, 2010 at 5:56 pm -

Not sure why ten dont save their shows till next year, they tried a summer schedule with new shows last year and it didnt work

60. stevie g November 15, 2010 at 5:55 pm -

Although they have already celebrated a couple of 20 year anniversarys, The Simpsons actually started in Australia in 1991 ( same with Twin Peakes), so their move to 11 actually coincides with their 20 year anniversary in Aus. I guess congratulations are in order for a show that has been a ratings hit for that long.

I don’t mind NCIS Los Angeles, even though I’m not a fan of the original NCIS, so i won’t mind catching the up with the repeats of that show, as I came in late last season.

61. Jerome November 15, 2010 at 5:55 pm -

why are they airing no glee this week only to lose the fasttrack and air more eps in summer? this move to monday seems stuipider by the day.

that’s a lot of simpsons (R)