ELEVEN: Still waiting for Dexter, Supernatural…

By David Knox on January 5, 2011 / Filed Under Programming 44

TEN yesterday released its Guide for ELEVEN for the week of January 16, its first full week on air.

But even at just 5 days until launch it is still intent on keeping some of its feature Programming under wraps.

Fans of Dexter, Supernatural, Melrose Place, Smallville and Dollhouse will have to keep wondering whether their shows will be slated for Sundays and Mondays.

ELEVEN should really have issued Amendements by now to get fans excited about the content. Instead the Guide is full of retro repeats and TBAs. Maybe it’s a victim of the holiday season and key staff on holidays…

Other first-run shows that were promised include The Late Show with David Letterman, One Tree Hill, Top Model UK -though in fairness not every show may comprise part of its launch.

You can download it now at Advance Guides.

1. Dav January 17, 2011 at 9:36 pm -

Dexter has just started at season 4 right now.

2. maria January 10, 2011 at 2:09 am -

will supernatural last on 11?? i wish they hurry up and play the 6th season!! i pre ordered the 6th season on dvd at amazon, that will prob get to me before 11 starts playin any supernatural eps.. and keep them on air!
    p.s the first show on the ‘new’ channel should be supernatural..just a thought!

3. Aussie jase January 9, 2011 at 8:10 am -

Bring on Dexter havent seen it since i had foxtel 2 years ago, i know many people who love this show maybe i should do the tv programming as many of the shows that they air now are just old out of date rubbish, what are they thinking at times!!!!

4. Cookie January 8, 2011 at 11:08 pm -

Supernatural on Australian TV at long last! We are already the last half of S5 and the first half of S6 behind the rest of the world.

5. Pat January 6, 2011 at 4:51 pm -

OMG. I can’t believe the 11 schedule – it’s like I’ve gone back in time and I’m 12 again. With hardly any new content why bother having another channel – just to fill empty space? Why bother.

6. Mangadude January 6, 2011 at 2:36 pm -

@ Hugh Jars

The printed guide you speak of doesn’t even have listings for Gem and 7mate. Also at this stage Eleven is on foxtel digital channel 531

7. Pat January 6, 2011 at 2:08 pm -

I’m only watching 11 cause of Supernatural – Ten – why don’t you pass this show to another channel – you’re already 1/2 of season 5 – going into the 1st 1/2 of season 6 behind – if that makes any sense.

8. Donald January 6, 2011 at 1:25 pm -

Andrew, I don’t know aout 11, but the official logoes for 1 and 10 are both written in all-lowercase, not all-uppercase. If you’re referring to the EPG, then 9 is by far the worst at this (no suprise) – they even do that annoying thing of “movie of the week” or “wide world of sports” and you have to go into the synopsis to find out which actual movie or sport it is that’s on (though they’ve improved with the movies).

9. nancye January 6, 2011 at 1:11 pm -

will eleven be seen on foxtel.. like 7two and GO! ????

10. Jeremy January 6, 2011 at 12:52 pm -

Hugh: printed TV guides have lagged in adding all new digital channels, each time a new one is released. Their days seem numbered with the ‘net now, and 16 digital channels. Can no longer dedicate a page to 5 channels + ads.

11. Hugh Jars January 6, 2011 at 11:39 am -

I just find it funny that the printed weekly TV guide that comes in every Thursday’s Advertiser here in SA, there is no mention of ELEVEN at all (no idea how they would jam the guide info in anyway, but that is another story). It is as if it has already been disowned before it has commenced.
    Re Dexter – I doubt it will be starting anytime soon – the latest series is screening on Pay at the moment, unless they revisit some of the older series (and that wouldn’t be an entirely bad thing)
    Not too sure about hours of old repeat animation at prime time at night – how many times can you watch 10+ year old Simpsons.
    Will be interesting to see how it all pans out – I am impressed by having Californication and Nurse Jackie from the outset (I have NJ from other means but have not got around to watching it, so it may end up not needed)
    Cheers

12. Misha(elle) January 6, 2011 at 8:22 am -

I cannot believe all 3, Supernatural, Smallville and Dexter are TBAs!

Bought my S5 of Supernatural from Sanity which was a big relief from this never ending hiatus. At this rate the S6 boxset will be out in Aus before we even finish S5 on tv.

Also have to point out the disappointingly high amounts of spoilery for S5 of supernatural in the recurring ‘ELEVEN’ ad.

how old are these reruns of david letterman?

13. Steve January 6, 2011 at 5:58 am -

All the shows I want to see are a few seasons too late. SGU Smallville Supernatural Dexter ect

14. Andrew January 5, 2011 at 11:39 pm -

I can go along with “TEN” in capitals because it does have some significance though largely historical only now. But why their insistence on us using “ELEVEN”? I suppose it makes it stand out but then how long before we get Seven and Nine insisting on “SEVEN” and “NINE”, and then “PRIME” and then “SOUTHERN CROSS TEN”, “IMPARJA”, “SOUTHERN CROSS TELEVISION”, “FOXTEL”, “AUSTAR”…. and pretty soon there’s all this shouting of network names going around when all we want to do is read an article.

Admittedly 7TWO, GO and GEM get capitals largely by default and because it matches their logo, and “WIN” “NBN” “ABC” “SBS” are correct in capitals, but “ELEVEN” just looks wrong. “Eleven”… maybe, but “ELEVEN” is overkill.

Rant over… I’ve taken my pills!

15. APM January 5, 2011 at 10:57 pm -

the programming department really need to think things through. Dexter on a Monday night, are they nuts? theres no way that’ll perform well there, didn’t they try that with Season 2 or 3 on Ten and had to move it to Saturdays. and where are all those other shows they promised? Angel double eps on sunday night at 10:30? give us something new and save M rated repeats for after midnight or during the day! I would much prefer late night Simpsons like with GO playing South Park.

this is what I would have:

Sunday – 7:30 So U Think You Can Dance, 8:30 Sons of Anarchy, 9:30 Dexter 10:30 Late Movie

Monday – 7:30 Top Model, 8:30 Supernatural, 9:30 Smallville

Dollhouse could go before or after Stargate. 11:30 monday to thursday slots if not Simpsons, then perhaps Buffy, Angel, Firefly and Charmed. use the friday night slot for Dance to start it off and move it to sundays. then fridays have 90210 at 8:30 and Melrose at 7:30 since theres only one season. 9:30 One Tree Hill and after the Late show at 11:30 have Friday Night Lights. leave late night comedies till 12:30am.

that Saturday night lineup is terrible, just like GO’s when it started. just have movies from 6:30.

16. APM January 5, 2011 at 9:51 pm -

Californication is starting from Season 4, Fast-Tracked 2 days after the US!

17. RichoTB January 5, 2011 at 9:10 pm -

Why the hell have they not released it yet? This is ridiculous.

They are not winning anything by holding over their progams, and if they are, they should announce it rather than this TBA rubbish

18. A. January 5, 2011 at 8:18 pm -

@ 2.5 men & BenJamin

The last episode of Supernatural I saw was ep 5.9 (Season 5 episode 9 ) The Real Ghostbusters. So unless I missed an episode they are up to episode 10. You can get the DVDs in Australia if you can’t wait. Sanity has an extra disc Limited Edition version but it might be cheaper elsewhere if that’s an issue.

19. stevieg January 5, 2011 at 7:50 pm -

Natasha, according to TV week, Californication is starting from the third season, which was shown on ten last summer.

20. BenJamin January 5, 2011 at 7:32 pm -

@ Craig.

LOL. nothing like a bit of irony.

21. David Knox January 5, 2011 at 4:58 pm -

There are no minimum requirements for digital channels yet (despite Producers calling for it, and despite that whopping big rebate from Conroy). Otherwise GO! and other channels would have big problems already.

22. Richard W January 5, 2011 at 4:07 pm -

Isn’t there a rule about minimum Australian content you must show on a channel? From what I can see there is 30 mins of Neighbours (plus a repeat in the morning) Thats 1 hour in 24 only for Australian content!?!?

23. Craig January 5, 2011 at 3:26 pm -

@BenJamin – I thought you were making a comment on TEN with the Supernatural title LOL

24. aussie January 5, 2011 at 3:09 pm -

TEN released their new iPhone app yesterday…it’s awesome!!

25. TVLover January 5, 2011 at 2:04 pm -

I have Foxtel Satellite HD unfortunately but not for much longer unless Foxtel get a deal done with 7MATE, GEM, ONE & ELEVEN.

26. BenJamin January 5, 2011 at 1:56 pm -

@2.5 men..

I’m relatively certain that the last episode on TEN was S5E10 (Abandon All Hope)..

It’s been so long!

27. Craig January 5, 2011 at 1:19 pm -

I did a marathon last week and watched the entire 5th season of Dexter, I hope Showcase has sticked up a deal so it still has first rights to the show!

So with the programing Letterman and Ferguson are going to conflict each other on the 2 channels with some overlap, bad move IMO!

Also noticed in the TV Week guide Ferguson has a double ep on Tuesday the 11th.

28. Natasha January 5, 2011 at 12:35 pm -

I just did a re scan last night and watched the ads of Eleven…is Californication new episodes or are they starting from season one because I’ve never watched the show.

Looking forward to a brand new channel and getting to use my new PVR!

29. jeff January 5, 2011 at 12:33 pm -

this is unusual for a channel to withhold timeslots this long isn’t it? especially since all other channels have been out for 5 days…. have ten issued a statement?

30. APM January 5, 2011 at 11:45 am -

I hope ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ starts by February, I wanna see that more then anything thats on offer.

31. 2.5 men January 5, 2011 at 11:31 am -

does anyone know what episode Supernatural finished on at Channel 10 last year?

i don’t feel like waiting another 1-2 weeks to air (if it does air that is) :(

32. Ross January 5, 2011 at 10:54 am -

According to the 7-day guide in the Herald Sun, Dexter returns on the 17th – so a Monday – most probably at 9:30pm

33. Beckala January 5, 2011 at 10:34 am -

Very disappointed. I had hoped for a lot more from them. The problem with their schedule is because they seem to have the regular spots from 5:00-8:30pm, the channel is not a true alternative to regular FTA. I was thinking/hoping it would be offering more choice for 7:30pm. Cynically I think this is because they are thinking ahead of protecting Biggest Loser/Masterchef.

34. BenJamin January 5, 2011 at 10:32 am -

@pirate27

the last season to air on Ten was season 3… so i’d imagine it would be season 4. The promo also supports this.

35. Paull January 5, 2011 at 10:11 am -

Eleven’s guide has really been one major let down. Ten used to be good at multi-channeling (Tenhd, OneHD). The only saving grace is the fact that it’s an SD channel.

36. Billy January 5, 2011 at 9:57 am -

The prime time schedule for Eleven is the last of its problems.
    Melrose Place being only 18 episodes and they like to double up , Melrose Place will be over quickly..

37. Paul January 5, 2011 at 9:31 am -

For fans of Next Top Model, FOX8 on Foxtel & Austar will also be showing the UK version of the show, Series 6 hosted by Aussie Elle Macpherson which aired in the UK back in late 2010, from Tuesday January 25 at 7.30pm AEDT.

38. Johnson January 5, 2011 at 9:03 am -

If Eleven were to air David Letterman, it must first push back the starting time of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson to 11.30pm or beyond, because when the channel starts, we are going to see the two shows in the wrong order: Craig Ferguson at 10.30pm, before David Letterman (on Ten) at around 11.20pm. In the US, David Letterman airs Before Craig Ferguson.

39. pirate27 January 5, 2011 at 8:58 am -

What season of Dexter are they starting with?

40. darthfyer January 5, 2011 at 8:08 am -

Not sure why The Simpsons is at 8pm!? What happened to 6pm? Do Ten not want The Simpsons cutting into the 6pm News? But to have Futurama with the Simpsons is good. Not much on offer in Prime Time.

Disappointed at the schedule.

41. merlin January 5, 2011 at 7:54 am -

January 16th guide is not linked in Advanced guides and another question I’ve re tuned my stb and ch 55 still comes up as sc ten so when that change to ELEVEN?

42. Sean January 5, 2011 at 7:42 am -

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet… but is Eleven likely to show up on satellite Foxtel any time soon? We never did get One, but it would be nice to get this by the sounds of it.

43. Craig January 5, 2011 at 7:06 am -

I still think they should have launched this last month or better still 11th of November last year!

I hope they don’t move Letterman just to be on the new channel, that said Letterman and Ferguson should be back to back on the same channel and not against each other.

44. bindi January 5, 2011 at 5:22 am -

they reckon they’ll be giving some answers on the facebook page tomorrow. what I want is the EPG to be uploaded in the next day or so instead of right before like other channels have done. I can’t really plan my viewing until I have the EPG and can start programming stuff in.