Airdate: Everyday Gourmet

By David Knox on April 18, 2011 / Filed Under Programming 119

Another former MasterChef contestant makes her debut with a TV cooking show today as 2009’s Justine Schofield premieres Everyday Gourmet with Justine Schofield.

It takes over the timeslot of Good Chef Bad Chef, with a 65-episode run. The show is produced by the same company, H-Squared.

Everyday Gourmet is a daily cooking show aimed at the home cook. From the simplest of meals to more sophisticated recipes and techniques, Everyday Gourmet will inspire viewers to get more out of their kitchens.

Upcoming guests include Jacques Reymond, Shane Delia, Scott Pickett, Miguel Maestre and Dominique Rizzo to name a few. Justine also catches up with some popular ex MasterChefs who showcase some of their favourite recipes and chat about what they have been up to. These include Lucas Parsons, Skye Craig, Callum Hann, Marion Grasby and Fiona Inglis.

It begins at 4pm today on TEN.

Update: TEN says recipes will soon be available at facebook.com/everydaygourmettv

1. David Knox April 21, 2011 at 4:46 pm -

I’m not sure why people are still asking for recipes when the address was already given. So to save me repeating myself I will have to close comments.

For all recipes and enquiries please refer to http://www.everydaygourmet.tv/recipes/landing

2. Kathy Ness April 21, 2011 at 4:36 pm -

I would like the recipe for the sourdough that was on thursdays show as I missed the beginning of the program. Thankyou.

3. nalini April 21, 2011 at 11:07 am -

thank you for the recipe I was after.

4. Marilyn April 21, 2011 at 7:57 am -

I would like receip for marinade lamb ribs

5. margaret April 20, 2011 at 10:38 pm -

Can you tell me what of food mixer is used on the show? Looks great.

6. Irene April 20, 2011 at 9:32 pm -

Just love your gourmet cooking show, I love watching it, it’s so unique, different from all the other cooking shows on TV that seem to be the same. Love your cooking concept, gourmet, beautiful……..you are on the right track……….hope you do well………….keep goin…….love that the recipe’s are so simple but unique……..

7. nalini April 20, 2011 at 9:26 pm -

where is justines tuna sang choy bow recipe

8. David Knox April 20, 2011 at 5:10 pm -

Recipes are now online at http://www.everydaygourmet.tv so hopefully no more problems.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Hope I was of some help in liaising. Enjoy the cooking.

9. Valerie Scotter April 20, 2011 at 5:01 pm -

II think the show is very good,although I was doubtful at first.Please put the Recipes where it is easy for us to obtain them!!!

10. Valerie Scotter April 20, 2011 at 4:52 pm -

Like the show now! Why the problem with the recipes?

11. ginny April 20, 2011 at 4:51 pm -

the web site everydaygourmet.tv is now up and working so it is easy to get the recipes..
    Where on earth do you buy Pesian Fairy floss in Bundaberg? I was hoping Justine wouldn’t use ingredients that are only available in the city.

12. Alex April 20, 2011 at 4:20 pm -

Another good show with easy to follow recipes. Please make recipes available on your website.

13. judy April 20, 2011 at 4:10 pm -

Good luck Justine, good on you for having a go. It’s early days yet guys so give it some time. I miss Good Chef, Bad Chef too and hopefully it will be back on again but am always up for something new.

14. Carol April 20, 2011 at 4:00 pm -

I have not seen any stand out recipes on this show. Carrot Salads are not new. At least Good Chef Bad Chef had original recipes. And getting rid of Peter Everett on Ready Steady Cook for someone who is not funny???? Channel Ten, you are going to lose a lot of older viewers.

15. Karin Vidau April 20, 2011 at 1:11 pm -

Would love to have theChilli Tuna Sang Chow Lettuce Recipe that you didon your first episode Ta

16. Rosita April 20, 2011 at 8:53 am -

Email Password

Moroccan Raw Carrot Saladby Everyday Gourmet on Monday, 18 April 2011 at 00:19

here is the recipe for the lady that wanted it for her niece Happy Easter

Serves: 4

Time: 15 minutes

Cost: Budget

Ingredients

2 carrots, grated

1/3 cup pistachios

1/3 cup raisins

½ bunch of mint, picked

1 clove garlic, finely chopped

1 tsp. Dijon mustard

½ tsp. cumin powder

Pinch of cinnamon

Juice ½ and zest of an orange

3 tbs. olive oil

Salt and pepper

Method

To make the vinaigrette, combine garlic, mustard, cumin, cinnamon and orange juice.

Slowly add the oil until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.

In a large bowl toss the grated carrots with orange zest, pistachios, raisins and mint and dress with the vinaigrette.

Like · Comment · SharePoonam Naik, Jesse Donnarumma, Bek Peters and 5 others like this.

Facebook © 2011 · English (UK)Mobile · Find friends · Badges · People · Pages · About · Advertising · Developers · Careers · Privacy · Terms · Help

17. Rosita April 20, 2011 at 8:50 am -

All you have to do is cut and paste the above recipes (dont include the title) and paste to the website side address and enter and the recipe will came up and you can print them out, I did this yesterday with no hassles.

If you are not computer minded it could be difficult but please try if not let me know I can maybe email these to your own emails.

Re the show, want my bithch is that they do not advise you of the changes of the cooking shows, which is a shame.

But if I can assist please let me know. 20/04/11

18. selena April 20, 2011 at 12:03 am -

people this show is terrible who cares about the recipes!!!

Ive got to say Good Chef Bad Chef was So So So much more Better!!! Please Channel 10 Bring Back Good Chef Bad Chef or even Bring Back Huey’s Cooking, they were so much more better and entertaining and better Chefs But since its Channel 10 where talking about they dont give a rats A** about anyone!!!!!

19. jude April 19, 2011 at 8:12 pm -

miss goodchefbadchef 2 pieces.Hope Justine does well. I Need the carrot recipe before GoodFriday as my vegeterine niece is coming for lunch can anyone help. hope the recipes get shown as it is so great to watch a recipe unfold and then print it off to cook. come on channel 10

20. pamcripps April 19, 2011 at 6:03 pm -

love show not on facebook,wont to print receipes.

21. Kathy April 19, 2011 at 5:54 pm -

Thanks Clara for the recipe would have liked the receipes on page or a link to them but have to get on to channel 10 and see if we can get them to do that. Have no wish to join facebook, has caused problem in family so it’s a no show.

22. Valma Moseley April 19, 2011 at 5:34 pm -

I have bought the lamb ribs, I need the recipe, i am not on facebook and do not intend to be, can we not have the recipe on the website?

23. Bron Waugh April 19, 2011 at 4:43 pm -

Facebook is no good to me. I don’t have an account and I don’t want one. At the moment I am excluded. I would like the recipes on the website.

24. Tony April 19, 2011 at 4:42 pm -

Finally a Great Show ! Make it easier to Find the recipies, Surely it should’nt be “That Difficult” ,,,,,,,Tony F.

25. ginny April 19, 2011 at 4:41 pm -

episode 2 another winner
    Can’t access the facebook site though.
    what a disappointment for the lovely and talented Justine

26. Rachelle April 19, 2011 at 4:41 pm -

Boy isn’t this show fantastic. Beats Ian Hewitson any day!!

27. Elaine April 19, 2011 at 4:38 pm -

This is a wonderful programme; easy, inexpensive healthy fast food. Justine is delightful. So what’s the problem putting the recipes onto this website? Looking forward to seeing them here soon. Elaine

28. Jane Nolan April 19, 2011 at 4:29 pm -

Two great recipes Julie – thank you. Loved your show and you appear to be a creative and practical cook. However, I was not able to find the website mentioned on TV (everydaygourmettv). Found this site which indicated that recipes would be available on Facebook. How do we access this please as I would love these two recipes from today (Tuesday). Thanks

29. Lauren April 19, 2011 at 4:24 pm -

Hi guys,

Great show! Im after the recipe for the beetroot, eggplant and haloumi dish that was just on. Where can I find it?

30. Maev April 19, 2011 at 3:56 pm -

65 episodes?!?!?…..Could TEN please confirm if Huey is ever coming back!!!!

31. Antonio April 19, 2011 at 2:41 pm -

Julie, the recipes are available to anyone, it just so happens that they’re on Facebook for the moment

32. franz chong April 19, 2011 at 1:58 pm -

Make this an hour long show after Judge Judy and while they are at it bring back some sort of family friendly show to lead us into the news at 5pm.Not all of us want to watch a slow soap that ot even the new 90210/OC generation can’t relate to.

33. audrey wilson April 19, 2011 at 1:57 pm -

thankyou for your reply will wait until channel 10 wake up to themselves and get their act together.

34. Grace April 19, 2011 at 1:51 pm -

Justine,

really enjoying your show, only one tiny problem yesterday Monday, you used gonna about a hundred times, how about instead of “I’m gonna” use I shall?

35. Julie Roberts April 19, 2011 at 12:34 pm -

Please – make recipes available from a web page .
    Do not only allow those with Tech knowhow and face book to get them .
    Great show ., basic good family meals .

36. Au pair Australia April 19, 2011 at 11:53 am -

I would love to see Justine doing sophisticated and delicious Mexican receips, not the tipical tacos, and burritos

37. clara April 19, 2011 at 11:49 am -

guys here is the recipe

Serves: 6-8
    Time: 45 minutes
    Cost: Budget

Ingredients
    300g butter, softened
    2 cup brown sugar
    4 eggs
    1 cup plain flour, sifted
    1 cup cocoa powder, sifted
    ½ cup (100g) walnuts, roughly chopped
    24 Fantales, unwrapped and roughly chopped (or any other favourite caramel lolly)
    1 ½ tsp salt flakes

Method
    Preheat the oven to 170˚C.

Lightly grease and line a 30cm x 20cm baking tin with baking paper.

With an electric mixer beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Now add the eggs one at a time and mix in well for another minute. On low speed, mix through the cocoa powder and flour. Add the chopped Fantales and walnuts and stir through evenly. Pour the mixture into the baking tin and sprinkle with the salt.

Cook in the oven for 30 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before turning out and cutting into squares. Dust with cocoa if you wish.

Best eaten warm.

38. Antonio April 19, 2011 at 11:22 am -

Here are URLs for the recipes on Facebook:

Brownies:
    facebook.com/notes/everyday-gourmet/salted-caramel-walnut-chocolate-brownies/215342371826266

Raw Carrot Salad:
    facebook.com/notes/everyday-gourmet/moroccan-raw-carrot-salad/215342011826302

Moroccan Honey Lamb Ribs
    facebook.com/notes/everyday-gourmet/moroccan-honey-lamb-ribs/215341255159711

39. David Knox April 19, 2011 at 10:40 am -

Guys I have done what I can to advise both TEN of the problem and the audience of the Facebook recipes. But you will need to direct your anger to TEN not me. Spamming this site isn’t the answer, thanks.