Offspring gets nekkid

By David Knox on May 20, 2011 / Filed Under Programming 19

….oh my there’s a bit of flesh in Monday night’s episode of Offspring.

Boys, girls, and all that awkward Nina Proudman romance….or is it just a fantasy?

Keep your eyes peeled for an appearance by Carrie Bickmore too (yes, she will be clothed).

It airs 8:30pm Monday night on TEN.

1. Voyager May 24, 2011 at 12:51 am -

They’d need to do more than flash the flesh to get me to watch this crud again. The characters are annoying, the stories are thin and, like pretty much all Aussie drama, it has absolutely nothing to say. Why do the writers in this country not get that stories are supposed to convey ideas, not just deliver plot?!!

2. bobby May 23, 2011 at 9:09 pm -

I just wanna know why asher keddie has to get those ugly things out again, why can’t jay bunyan get out his dingaling for a change?!

3. Jonno May 23, 2011 at 1:16 pm -

I understand this is a chick flick but I watched most of the series with my wife last year and it just got sillier and AK’s character more frustrating. I watched the first ep but when Kat & Eddie’s characters pashed on their ill-father’s bed proclaiming they need to make a baby, that was enough for me. While not my cup of tea, it’s good to see Oz trying something like this and I really hope the ratings show women like it.

4. Rick2 May 23, 2011 at 1:06 pm -

Sometimes the pure nastiness eminating from these comments pages is just sad. Constructive criticism, sure but how about keeping the worst of your unecessary bile to yourself and save me the scrolling?

5. MuchoTB May 21, 2011 at 4:11 pm -

This show always struck me as a trashy piece of shite. I like Channel Ten but they can do better than this. Hope they stick a fork in it but unfortunately it’ll probably stick around for another 5 seasons.

6. M1tch May 20, 2011 at 10:31 pm -

Wont help the ratings…

7. JB May 20, 2011 at 8:35 pm -

If that blokes naked each week i’ll keep watching. But i’m kinda over Offspring.

8. toriwannabe May 20, 2011 at 6:51 pm -

@Gomez – “wrinkles and ageing crustiness”? Are you serious?

9. deedeedragons May 20, 2011 at 6:25 pm -

It’s up against LOLA, nobody cares.

10. Qubec May 20, 2011 at 5:38 pm -

I found the ad where she is in the bath practically masturbating to be really inappropriate and I was very surprised it was allowed to air!

11. ducko May 20, 2011 at 5:20 pm -

Sadly, it’s a pale imitation of Sex in the City. It’s more like jumping the shark.

12. David Knox May 20, 2011 at 4:53 pm -

Think it’s good that “horny women” provokes a reaction. Sex and the City built a whole show around it.

13. AS May 20, 2011 at 4:50 pm -

Asher got “the girls” out in Hawke. Why not do it in Offspring too?

14. Andrew Mercado May 20, 2011 at 4:40 pm -

It’s a very funny, and yes, sexy too. Nothing desperate going on here, all rather tasteful and amusing. Enjoy.

15. Armchair Analyst May 20, 2011 at 4:36 pm -

@ Adam. Yeah she does come across as horny. Probably its a character representative of the majority of women in australia, who are horny yet indecisive and picky for the most part but mainly indesicive.

16. Gomez May 20, 2011 at 4:23 pm -

On a big TV screen Asher Keddie’s wrinkles and ageing crustiness is amplified times a hundred!! the script writers should keep more clothes on her

17. Adam May 20, 2011 at 3:45 pm -

I’ve never watched the show, but the lead character comes across as such a horny thing!

18. Adam May 20, 2011 at 3:23 pm -

dont tell me we are going on this same ride again… last week was just another episode from last year but with different men.

Come on John E. You can do better than this.

19. kurt May 20, 2011 at 2:37 pm -

They must be really desperate to improve the ratings but no even that won’t help.