Axed: Rescue Special Ops won’t be renewed

By David Knox on July 31, 2011 / Filed Under News 118

The Nine Network has confirmed it will not be renewing Rescue Special Ops for a fourth season.

A Nine spokesperson told the Sunday Telegraph, “Rescue has been a much loved drama and Nine has decided this will be its final season.

“It ends while  it’s still going strong.”

This year saw the third season boosted from 13 episodes to an impressive 22 eps. with episode 16 set to air tomorrow night.

Produced by Southern Star, its producers Julie McGauran and Sarah Smith are also producing Wild Boys for Seven -one of its first non in-house productions in a long time- plus a telemovie Dripping with Chocolate for BBC Worldwide.

The exit of Rescue follows that of Sea Patrol after 5 seasons but Nine’s drama slate is still quite buoyant with Underbelly: Razor, Beaconsfield, Kerry Packer’s World Series Cricket all yet to air, and a rumoured new drama from Screentime tipped to be announced.

New telemovie Sundowner will also be produced by Cordell Jigsaw.

1. eddie.p July 25, 2014 at 8:48 pm -

I love this show! Why does it have to end!?!

2. sezza September 18, 2012 at 1:23 pm -

I have just finished watching RSO season three n was devastated to find out there will be no more season y axe such a brillant show.. best show ever and was left unfinished pplllllllllsssssssss bring back

3. dani99 March 28, 2012 at 3:10 pm -

boo channel Nine!! Rescue Special Ops is the best show they’ve had on tv for a long time!! Bring it back!! There should have at least been a season 4 to wrap things up properly and give us a proper ending!!!

4. paul February 4, 2012 at 7:26 am -

cant belive it first no more sea patrol and now no more recue special ops why do they take all the good programs of grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

5. Dave cook February 2, 2012 at 10:04 am -

Bring it back on tv its fab shud be on rather than sea patrol plzzzz

6. Kerry January 19, 2012 at 2:12 am -

I am very dissapointed seeing this show being axed, whoever has axed this should go bury their head in a sandpit then bring it back as this show was so good! I hope it gets a new manager and comes back as this was brilliant and should of done more then 3 Seasons. I want their autographs :(

7. JJ January 17, 2012 at 6:10 am -

plzzz bring rescue special ops back on cus that is the best show in the world me and my mum like it very much if u dont put it back on i will cry ha lol plzzz im beggin u ha lol <3 it :)

8. N Bacon January 9, 2012 at 7:37 am -

Seriously gutted they have axed it. Best show on tv in a long time. The actors have great chemistry together and like others have said, plenty more storylines to be had.
    From a UK fan

9. jessica January 7, 2012 at 6:02 pm -

p.s i have watched every season so far and will continue to if more come out :)

10. jessica January 7, 2012 at 5:58 pm -

omg this is the best show ever plzzz make season 4 there are so many things to be finished jordan and heidi need to get together and as previously been said lara and dean need to be together.plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz have season 4. i dont no why people keep the shitty show on tv and get rid of the awesome ones!!!!!!!!!!!!
    please !!!!!!!!
    regards biggest fan :)

11. sandy December 28, 2011 at 5:46 pm -

i love this show ive watched all 3 seasons and was looking forward to a new season i hate how they put shitty shows on years after years but take all the good ones off thats why people have foxtel cause our tvs wont put our favourite shows ob

12. janey lou December 14, 2011 at 9:18 pm -

Have only recently discovered this fab programme and now purchased the first two series and can’t wait to watch them. It is the best program on tv – Pleeassse make series 4!!!!!!!

13. Anonymous December 13, 2011 at 7:44 am -

Bring it back !! At least let season 4 be the final season ! Lara and Dean need to get together and everything else-.- ¬.¬

14. kimmy December 13, 2011 at 5:45 am -

I’m from iran so I watched RSO in you tube.I love this program.
    come on how can you cancel it please please make more.
    Please…

15. Katrina December 10, 2011 at 10:34 am -

As UK viewers we have really enjoyed RSO and can’t believe they have axed it already. As many other viewers have said, there was still ample storylines that could have been used before it became stale. Bring it back Channel 9 and at least resolve the current storylines properly!

16. Juleigh December 9, 2011 at 3:24 am -

Bring it back now honestly another amazing show axes you tv people must be crazy

17. Erica December 9, 2011 at 1:53 am -

I live in Switzerland and Resuce is mine life… I like how they work and they friendship are all special…. Why!!!! I would like Channel Nine will think about hit or made a great ending,in wich we can think gut…(this is great), I like this ending!!! In season 3 the ending is a litte messy!!!

18. Daniel December 8, 2011 at 4:43 pm -

Channel9 you should bring back RSO it was a great show. I looked forward to it every week.

19. MikeB November 26, 2011 at 6:21 pm -

This is really disappointing news. I’m a viewer in the US and loved this show. As did all the people I got watching this show. I’ve only just discovered Australian TV and already two shows cancelled. This and Sea Patrol were my favorites. Boo!!

20. anna November 26, 2011 at 11:14 am -

you cant ax rso i loved it and you are dumb axing rescue shame on you channal 9 you get in to a show like rescue and there you go axing it. please another channal take on this great show we will all hope and pray that it comes back

21. mandy November 25, 2011 at 6:06 am -

Not a happy bunny that you have decided to axe Rescue Special Ops as a uk viewer i enjoy watching it and now you’ve left me wandering what is going to happen to them all ?Come on give it another go and if you decide that it’s not working then end it properly and not leave us hanging

22. Paula November 25, 2011 at 2:09 am -

I really enjoyed watching RSO and was looking forward to season 4 shame it has to go. There are so many programmes that are much worse than this. We need to know what happens to them all!!!

23. Mike watts November 24, 2011 at 4:41 am -

Its a real shame that they have decided to not produce any more rescue special ops as I realy enjoyed watching it was also looking at getting the dvd

24. Christine (Cardiff, Wales) November 19, 2011 at 11:57 pm -

I cannot believe that Rescue Special Ops has been cancelled and a 4th Series will not be aired. We love this program and had really got into it.

TV executtives don’t seem to realise when they are onto a good thing. It a shame you cannot leave a series hanging. Myslef and my husband are gutted.
    6pm will never be the same. It was refeshing to wathc a good drama than the news.

25. tracey November 19, 2011 at 6:30 am -

why why why do tv execs decide whats had a shelf life and whats not in their opinion. rescue was 1 of the best programmes on tv. with all these channels doing repeats it was great to get a really entertaining programme to watch for a change. Please please change your minds and bring it back if only to tie up the loose ends. Surely your viewers deserve that at least.

26. Tracy November 18, 2011 at 12:42 pm -

Again a u.k viewer for one of the rare occasions that me and my husband watch something together and what happens it gets axed. Why i can think of a load more programs that need to be axed but RSO is not one of them please reconsider channel 9 this is a show worth keeping and to agree with some other people who have commented at least tell us if dean and lara get together in the end ……………………

27. sarah November 18, 2011 at 11:15 am -

why would you axe such a great show??????????

28. ElizaJo November 17, 2011 at 7:13 am -

Anyone annoyed at rescue being axed go to channel9 on Facebook and post your veiws the more we post the more they may listen!

29. Audrey Martin November 16, 2011 at 12:20 am -

I am not impressed !
    Two great programmes, Sea Patrol and now Rescue Special Ops cancelled.
    Are they mad

30. paula November 15, 2011 at 9:34 pm -

i’m gutted, i’m a uk viewer and i’ve watched special ops on the universal channel from the start, i also watched sea patrol! i cant believe the idiots thats make these series have axed them! you have so many good actors over in oz, its no wonder after getting this kind of treatment they all end up apearing in crap usa tv or bit parts in films!!!! sort it out channel nine

31. amanda November 15, 2011 at 1:01 pm -

WTF? ROS is tops – ax CH9 management not rescue, there is at least one more series worth of stories – don’t leave us hanging.

32. Sarah November 15, 2011 at 12:50 pm -

Please please please reconsider and make at least 1 more series of this Fab programme or at least a Christmas special to clear up loose ends…will Dean and Lara finally get together, can Chase finally find a girlfriend,will Lachie go back in the SAS, Michelle finally gives into Vince’s charms or Vince and Heidi Ho get together after finding Michelle and Jordan in a compromising position??

33. Kerry November 15, 2011 at 11:14 am -

I’m so annoyed, how can you cancel this amazing program? I love the story lines, the characters and location. Channel 9 Please please please reconsider.

34. claire pope November 15, 2011 at 10:57 am -

Majorly gutted, just watched the finale of season 3 and what do i find out??? that its been axed!!! no more special ops, cant believe it, its one of the best programmes on tv. Please please please make more.

35. Sharon November 15, 2011 at 6:32 am -

Another Australian series given the axe! What’s wrong with you guys cutting series off at the knees when you get followings in other countries… please someone else take this series on!

36. danielle November 13, 2011 at 12:47 pm -

axing this show is a really big mistake, i enjoy watching this show and i love the show why does it need to be axed.

37. donna November 13, 2011 at 11:04 am -

I love this show. we hope another network takes it on. Axing rescue special ops is someones big mistake, they should get the chop instead.

38. Theolca November 12, 2011 at 6:36 pm -

Axing Rescue Special Ops is a huge mistake. It makes me so angry that nothing has a conclusion. I loved this show in the UK . Why make such bad choices