Celebrity Apprentice cast locked in

By David Knox on September 13, 2011 / Filed Under News 26

Production on Nine’s local series of Celebrity Apprentice is underway, headed up once more by Mark Bouris.

There are several Reality TV faces amongst the cast including Pauline Hanson (Dancing with the Stars), Polly Porter (The Block), Jason Coleman (So You Think You Can Dance Australia), Deni Hines (Dancing on Ice), Max Markson (My Kid’s a Star), plus comedian Julia Morris, models Jesinta Campbell and Didier Cohen, plus former sports stars Wendell Sailor, Shane Crawford, Lisa Curry and Warwick Capper.

I see talk of Germaine Greer and Lincoln Lewis didn’t materialise.

Hanson is a good get.

No confirmation yet on whether the Trump will make a guest appearance.

1. Andy September 15, 2011 at 1:45 am -

Warwick Capper was on Celebrity Big Brother too

2. JMC September 13, 2011 at 6:10 pm -

Haha Celebrity, aren’t most of these people unemployed? Therefore it’s essentially a normal season of The Apprentice.

3. Rick September 13, 2011 at 6:08 pm -

I look forward to the moment when Warwick Capper flashes his junk in an attempt to not get fired.

4. ems September 13, 2011 at 4:48 pm -

Oh god not Polly!!!! :O

5. catherine September 13, 2011 at 4:37 pm -

Wow not a bad cast. Almost as good as DWTS this year. Julia Morris will be funny and Deni Hines wont take any lip from the other.

Max Markson will be a pain and will probably sign Warwick Capper up to his team. Warwick Capper will be a pain and wont have a clue what to do. Shane Crawford will be good.

Wendall Sailor also appeared on DWTS one year.

6. Steve September 13, 2011 at 4:20 pm -

Wendell Sailor was also on DWTS

7. Allie September 13, 2011 at 4:17 pm -

Wendell Sailor is also an alumni of Dancing with the Stars. I think he was partnered with Eliza Campagna, from memory.

8. Adam Oriti Art September 13, 2011 at 3:01 pm -

Polly a celebrity? lol

9. Donna September 13, 2011 at 2:41 pm -

Interesting cast. I’ll definately be watching… if only for Mark Bourris.

10. Dean September 13, 2011 at 2:28 pm -

I am mistaken – just re watched the media watch episode about that

11. David Knox September 13, 2011 at 1:50 pm -

True! Had forgotten that! That’s quite a list now… now I think about it Julia Morris was also on The SInging Office for Foxtel too, as a judge.

12. NewsAtEleven September 13, 2011 at 1:46 pm -

David, those aren’t the only celebreality repeaters in the cast. Julia Morris was on It Takes Two (partnered with David Hobson), and Wendell Sailor has appeared in two seasons of Australia’s Greatest Athlete.

13. Elisabeth September 13, 2011 at 11:50 am -

Urrgh! Pauline Hansen, Jason Coleman, Max Markson, Deni Hines – this just sounds bad!

14. KFed September 13, 2011 at 10:56 am -

Actually, they got a much better bunch than I’d expected. I certainly know who all of them are – even if Didier Cohen is a bit of a stretch (I supposed they can show us pictures of him with Miranda Kerr).
    I hope Warwick Capper lasts a while, he’ll be tragic/amazing.

15. deedeedragons September 13, 2011 at 10:49 am -

At the very least Deni Hines & Julia Morris won’t take any crap from anyone.

16. jess September 13, 2011 at 10:43 am -

I think this is great, will make fascinating viewing. Love the cast list. Bring it on!

17. angelsgal September 13, 2011 at 9:39 am -

I thought this was Celebrity Apprentice. Who are the Celebrities?

18. VD September 13, 2011 at 9:25 am -

Max Markson probabaly orgainised the whole cast himself from his little black book of D-list celebrities.

19. Steve September 13, 2011 at 9:05 am -

Jason Coleman is patronising… I reckon they’ve got the casting spot on – sparks will fly for sure!

20. Gary M September 13, 2011 at 8:45 am -

Real cream of the crop stuff here. Sure this isn’t the cast of “I’m a celebrity get me out of here”?

21. Benji September 13, 2011 at 8:36 am -

Lisa Curry – that is one very smart business woman. She may be the contestant to beat.

22. chk chk September 13, 2011 at 8:26 am -

I would want Pauline and Max in the finals!

23. Scott September 13, 2011 at 7:34 am -

I have heard of five of these people – which is actually a pretty good strike rate for this kind of show.

Interesting that they don’t have any actors whatsoever. Usually some ex-soapie star is de rigeur for this kind of program.

Warwick Capper should be a good for a “point at and laugh at the trainwreck” moment or two in a Gary Busey style until he gets kicked off in the first round.

24. MuchoTB September 13, 2011 at 7:19 am -

Pauline Hanson? Pathetic

Here’s hoping this will bomb. Knowing Australia’s love for reality dreck (The Block, Masterchef) it will probably succeed

25. Tim Kingston September 13, 2011 at 7:18 am -

A normal person Apprentice would cause me to watch but not Celebrity stuff

26. NOOOOOOO September 13, 2011 at 7:08 am -

Apart from the fact this great show is on channel 9, which for me is vomit inducing enough, what a mediocre list of “celebrities”? Makes last seasons dancing with the stars wannabe look like A listers. Polly Porter, Didier Cohen? I mean really. Deni Hines? is she still a celebrity? Lisa curry? Whatever! Jason Coleman??? another mighty dissapointment from 9. NO THANKS obviously the AFL and NRL idiots are there to keep them busy with the ch 9 contracts and try to lure the footy fans in,