News presenter Ron Wilson will leave the TEN Network at the end of the year according to a media report today.
Wilson’s morning news bulletins will conclude at the end of the year with Breakfast set to fill the slot in 2012.
The Australian reports his contract will not be renewed.
A spokeswoman said on Friday: “Ron Wilson continues with the network.”
Sydney news presenter Deborah Knight read her last Sydney news bulletin on Friday, replaced from today with Sandra Sully after the axing of TEN Late News with Sports Tonight.
A spokeswoman for TEN said: “We are working with Deb Knight to identify the right project for her talents.”
Presumably those talents would be reading the News?
Melbourne presenter George Donikian recently resigned after undergoing several changes, with his final bulletin airing on Saturday. TEN’s new-look weekend bulletin began on air yesterday.
Sports Tonight presenter Brad McEwan is now presenting sports in the Sydney News.
Ron Wilson, who found himself in the middle of a controversy earlier this year over comments he made about the Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras, has been with TEN for thirty years.