· Hotly anticipated landmark observational documentary series, The Family (pictured, top), comes to SBS in November revealing an incredible, intimate portrait of family life in Australia.
· Following on from Immigration Nation, Once Upon A Time in Cabramatta is the untold story of how the Vietnamese community overcame the odds and found their place in multicultural Australia.
· Peter Kuruvita’s My Sri Lanka sees the renowned Sydney chef take a journey through his ancestral home of Sri Lanka. Peter journeys across the country to discover its authentic cuisine.
· In Luke Nguyen’s Greater Mekong, Luke takes viewers on a culinary journey across the Greater Mekong region of Southeast Asia.
· A fourth series of Who Do You Think You Are? follows the journeys of six well-known Australians – actor Vince Colosimo, funny man Shaun Micallef, AFL legend Michael O’Loughlin, actress Melissa George, journalist Kerry O’Brien and actor John Wood (pictured below).
Other commissioned highlights include; Scarlet Road, Tall Man and Singapore 1942.
· From the makers of One Born Every Minute comes 24 Hours in A&E. With 70 cameras filming round the clock for 28 days, the series offers unprecedented access to one of Britain’s busiest A&E departments, at King’s College Hospital.
· Drama series The Promise, directed by BAFTA winning writer/ director Peter Kominsky, follows 18-year-old Londoner Erin as she spends summer in Israel and discovers the disturbing truths about her grandfather’s time in Palestine and the atrocities he witnessed in the 1940s.
· Freddy Flintoff Vs The World sees the cricket legend try his hand at some of the most extreme sports on offer across the world.
Other acquired highlights include Toughest Place To Be, Vet Adventures and Mad Men.
SBS also announced today that it has commissioned a second series of Go Back To Where You Came From, which will broadcast on SBS ONE in 2012. This provocative series aired to critical and audience acclaim in 2011 and series two will push the boundaries of the format even further.
In other new commissions, Peter Kuruvita gets a new series –Island Feast with Peter Kuruvita. Island Feast sees Peter embark on an island hopping adventure from the Philippines, onto Indonesia, then across to Vanuatu and finally to the remote South Pacific and the Cook Islands. As he explores some of the world’s most exotic dishes, cultures and locations, Peter will be meeting the people, learning their customs and cooking their dishes.
Ongoing and returning programs include: RocKwiz, Eurovision, Letter and Numbers, Dateline, Insight, Living Black, UEFA Champions and Europa Leagues, FA Cup Final and Paris-Roubaix.