Celebrity Apprentice 2012: cast

By David Knox on January 16, 2012 / Filed Under News 32

The cameras begin rolling in Sydney today on the second season of Nine’s Celebrity Apprentice.

Boss Mark Bouris resumes his chair, ready to fire anyone who underperforms. The first challenge will be filmed on Wednesday.

There was no shortage of celebs putting their hand up to participate but the cast, now confirmed by the Daily Telegraph, is:

David Hasselhoff (Baywatch, Knight Rider)
Jason Akermanis (former AFL player)
Ian “Dicko” Dickson (Australian Idol, Can of Worms)
Patti Newton (Dancing with the Stars)
Charlotte Dawson (Australia’s Next Top Model)
Nathan Jolliffe (The Amazing Race Australia)
Marion Grasby (MasterChef Australia)
Lauryn Eagle (Water-ski and boxing champ)
Vince Sorrenti (Comedian)
Fiona O’Loughlin (Comedian)
Ben Dark (Getaway)
Tania Zaetta (Bollywood actress)

It airs on Nine later this year.

1. Sam January 19, 2012 at 7:11 pm -

What a waste of money. Who the he’ll wants to watch this. Lauryn is a champ boxer?? She boxed for a month and got no where.. Desperate call to be famous.. And the rest well I would rather watch grass grow

2. Deano sydney January 17, 2012 at 10:32 pm -

The worst line up a bunch of wanabes,no talent desperate to get their mug on tv.what was nine thinking.. Patti newton david hasselhof you have got to be kidding.

3. Steph January 17, 2012 at 11:04 am -

OMG. All those that think it’s a crap line up. Don’t watch it! I think it’s a great line up and will be watching so will therefore be able to have an informed opinion!

4. steve sydney January 17, 2012 at 2:17 am -

Few quick points..

-Thanks Nine for listening to my recommendation of Fiona. You won’t be disappointed.
    -Charlotte Dawson is quickly becoming the most recognized and consistent person of the Australia’s Next Top Model brand. They need to give her hosting duties or get a huge global name to fill in from Sarah Murdoch
    -So with The Block underway in production as well as CA now beginning filming.. When can we expect these shows? My money is on Nine no longer being confident in Excess Baggage and are anticipating to replace it not long after it’s premiere..

5. roaringdave January 16, 2012 at 9:45 pm -

What’s a “Marion Grasby”?

6. Cookie January 16, 2012 at 9:30 pm -

@ Andrew Mercado too right! Cannot believe this Z-list non-entity was even considered for this show. Let alone in it! The only intersting aspect of her “apperanace” will be to see what ‘charity” she is supporting in light of her own recent “chairty” issues…just Google; you’ll see…

7. darren January 16, 2012 at 3:39 pm -

my money is on Marion for the win…smart lady and totally charming.
    This year’s Demi Hines to be Jason Akermanis. The most arrogant, self centred bloke i’ve ever met in my life. He won’t last a week.
    Dark Horse: Fiona O Laughlin….will win everyone over no doubt.
    What i wont miss: Jason Coleman saying “Mr Bouris” 20 times in every sentence.

8. jeff January 16, 2012 at 2:06 pm -

i would call david hasslehoff,tania zaetta, charlotte dawson all wanna bes they are nothing now and david cmon go back to your wife and daughters you are a wanna be and you couldn’t sing to pay your bills buddy

9. Roger Rabbit January 16, 2012 at 1:37 pm -

Not as good as last year’s cast. Would have great to get someone from Underbelly or maybe an ex-Australian cricketer like Michael Slater etc. Hamish and Andy would have been fantastic.

A-Grade: None
    B-Grade: David Hasselhoff
    C-Grade: Charlotte Dawson, Ian Dickson
    D-Grade: Jason Akermanis, Patti Newton, Vince Sorrenti, Fiona O’Loughlin
    E-Grade: Nathan Joliffe, Marion Grasby, Lauryn Eagle, Ben Dark, Tania Zaetta

10. sarah h January 16, 2012 at 1:01 pm -

Thrilled to see Marion’s inclusion. Hope she does well!

11. MuchoTB January 16, 2012 at 12:46 pm -

This isn’t too bad a lineup, much better than having racist Pauline Hanson or loudmouth Deni Hines. But I still wouldn’t watch this trash if you paid me, not a fan of stripped reality shows at all.

12. Jake January 16, 2012 at 12:31 pm -

Not a bad line up, does fall away a little after Marion in that list, but still some entertaining names.

I wonder if Charlotte Dawson will return to her weekly spot on Seven’s The Morning Show now she’s primetime on Nine.

13. SEDI January 16, 2012 at 11:24 am -

Now just imagine if this was a line-up to Celebrity Big Brother! please consider that idea, Nine.

14. deedeedragons January 16, 2012 at 11:05 am -

Please Charlotte Dawson, be a bitch to everyone & make it watchable.

15. MandyJ January 16, 2012 at 10:28 am -

That’s an astonishingly promising lineup. Good work getting Akermanis and O’Loughlin as equivalents to interesting characters last year. And utterly riveted by the idea of the Hoff!

16. VD January 16, 2012 at 10:26 am -

Its intertesting to see that nine have only included one of thier own ‘celebrities’ in this years show and Ben Dark has a relativley small profile compared to other nine personalities. If celebrity apprentice was a seven show you clould expect half the line up to be made of newsreaders and h&a cast members like whats happens every year on DWTS.

17. Trent January 16, 2012 at 10:01 am -

Marion for the win! I have met her before and she is one of the nicest people out

18. Jerome January 16, 2012 at 9:53 am -

Decent lineup, I can already see who will fall into the shoes of most annoying, attention seeker, biggest villain, boofhead, total bitch, dumbass that comes out on top, gay favourite ect.

but no non-whites?

19. Michelle Smith January 16, 2012 at 9:47 am -

The casting for season 1 was unbeatable – they managed to cast just about every “love to hate” celeb in Aus. Season 2 cast is also full of some less than likeable people.
    Funniest thing in that list is the words “Bollywood actress” beside Tania Zaetta’s name. I donned a red suit once – does that make me Santa Claus?

20. Steve January 16, 2012 at 9:23 am -

LOL Tania Zaetta : bollywood actress :)
    I nearly fell off my chair when i read that line.

21. davodavo January 16, 2012 at 8:42 am -

I will give this one a go, the first one had too many annoying celebs.

22. Josh January 16, 2012 at 8:37 am -

Totally not scraping the bottom of the barrel there…

23. Dave January 16, 2012 at 8:33 am -

none really excite me besides patti, charlotte and jason. maybe charlotte will be the new denni hines

24. chk chk January 16, 2012 at 8:28 am -

I hope Fiona and Charlotte get into each others hair, LOL!
    My money on Fiona to be the villainess of the year…

25. Bruce Banner January 16, 2012 at 8:09 am -

Vince Sorrenti = the Daryl Somers of “comedy”… Shudder.

Now the rest of the list, great! I might actually watch this season now, the lack of actual celebs put me off last time. I’d love to see Patti and Acker come to blows.

26. SEDI January 16, 2012 at 7:35 am -

Oh my stars! This is a really decent line up!!

27. Taz January 16, 2012 at 6:16 am -

No shortage of Celebs and they end up with this ”cast”?!?

Can’t say that any of these names will inspire me to watch it this time around.

28. Andrew Mercado January 16, 2012 at 5:49 am -

When will people stop calling Tania Zaetta a Bollywood actress? Appearing in the back row of a chorus for a few seconds qualifies more as an extra

29. MillerT1 January 16, 2012 at 5:14 am -

I meant to say arguably better than the first season. It is 4am here in Brisbane.

30. MillerT1 January 16, 2012 at 5:13 am -

Wow, that is a fantastic cast. Arguably better than the best, but I guess we’ll see. Hope this isn’t too late in the year. Lauryn Eagle stands out for me considering she is the only one there that I don’t know, but the other eleven are pretty big names.

31. Mac January 16, 2012 at 5:05 am -

Some interesting cast choices – and an Amazing Race contestant on 9 which will give some publicity to the return of the 7 show (see also Marion from Masterchef – I like the ‘network-blind’ style casting). Don’t know a few lower on the list. I’ll be watching though!

32. Bella January 16, 2012 at 5:00 am -

Looks like an interesting cast. Shall be interesting to see Dicko outside of the judging, script world.