Dancing with the Stars cast for 2012

By David Knox on March 13, 2012 / Filed Under News 16

There were few surprises in the confirmation of the cast for Dancing with the Stars 2012.

Almost all had been on the rumour list for some time.

This year the contenders are:

Former Miss Australia Erin McNaught,
Singer Shannon Noll,
Veteran Rocker Brian Mannix
Packed To The Rafters Actress Zoe Cramond,
Teen Sailor Jessica Watson,
Former AFL Player Brendan Fevola,
TV Veteran Kerri-Anne Kennerley,
Model Vogue Williams,
Ironman Caine Eckstein,
Singer Danielle Spencer
Singer Johnny Ruffo.

Maybe new co-host Mel B will upstage them all?

The Seven show is expected to return after Easter.

1. catherine March 13, 2012 at 8:08 pm -

I actually think this is a good cast. Not sure about Fev but the rest are great. You always have to put in the supermodel so I guess thats Erin and Im not sure how Brian’s fiance Vogue got in but anyway its good to have a DJ.

I think its great taht Danielle Spencer is in it. It will get her out of Russell’s shadow. Before she becam Mrs Crowe she had her own career with acting and singing. Come on tell who didnt watch Pacific Drive.

I reckon they should go after a Matthew Hayden, he would be great or even someone like Kasey Chambers. Wow shock horror no one from Home and Away.

2. JohnW March 13, 2012 at 6:03 pm -

@David: I’m sure Erin’s publicist will email her thanks to you soon :-)

@Bilko: yes, Mel B has been sponsored by Jenny Craig to lose 15 kg in 20 weeks

3. Vinny March 13, 2012 at 4:59 pm -

@Nessa –
    Vogue Williams is a DJ from Ireland .

4. Bilko March 13, 2012 at 2:46 pm -

Mel B is looking smoking hot on the diet campaign she’s on right now – who is it ? Jenny Craig ?
    Well done Mel B

5. Jake March 13, 2012 at 2:24 pm -

Stars???? LOL!!!!

6. Bella March 13, 2012 at 11:30 am -

@Nessa Vogue is engaged to Brian McFadden.

Really surprised by Danielle Spencer. I thought this wouldn’t be their thing.

Johnny has a really big following, I am tipping him to win.

7. Lisa. March 13, 2012 at 11:14 am -

Danielle Spencer? Really? Wonder how many times Rusty will be sitting in the audience.

8. salf March 13, 2012 at 11:10 am -

i’m looking forward to it this year, that seems like a decent cast, i know who all of them are. although it is funny that danielle is credited as a singer surely she is more famous as a spouse.

i predict johnny ruffo to win

9. David Knox March 13, 2012 at 10:33 am -

John: Yes Erin was cropped out because of the proportions of the photo. It was too wide to fit site specs.

10. nrc_02 March 13, 2012 at 10:29 am -

Kerri-Anne’s already won.

11. Nessa March 13, 2012 at 9:55 am -

And how long has that Zoe chick been on PTTR? 5 seconds?

12. Nessa March 13, 2012 at 9:53 am -

What’s that I’m hearing? Sounds to me the scraping of the bottom of the barrel.

Who the F is Vogue Williams?

Maybe if I hook up with a famous celeb, I can get on this show.

13. Cameron C March 13, 2012 at 9:05 am -

Wonder how many seasons this show has left in it?
    The contestants are all celebrities in different areas but some are relatively unknown.
    Think Mel B will be a nice addition though.

14. michaelOz March 13, 2012 at 8:29 am -

Um. Nothing needs to be said, really.

Except… Poor KAK.

15. Mr. J March 13, 2012 at 7:45 am -

Queue the “shouldnt thins be called ‘dancing with the d-listers/nobodies/desperadoes/ect'” and other original comments.

I think that is a good list. Caine, Kerri-Anne and Johnny are looking hot.

16. JohnW March 13, 2012 at 7:39 am -

Poor Erin McNaught got cropped out of the photo (LHS)

heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/brendan-fevola-puts-his-best-foot-first/story-e6frf96f-1226297478603