Renewed: Grimm

By David Knox on March 18, 2012 / Filed Under Pay TV 7

The news isn’t grim for fairy tale procedural Grimm, which has been renewed by NBC.

Starring David Giuntoli as a police detective / descendant of the Brothers Grimm who sees fairy tale characters, it wins a second season from the network.

Grimm premiered to 6.7 million viewers, one of the strongest premieres of NBC’s 2011-2012 season.

Along with Awake and Smash it is one of three new dramas remaining -Prime Suspect, The Playboy Club and The Firm have been removed from the schedule.

Grimm is one of two fairy tale-themed dramas to premiere on network TV this season, Once Upon a Time is the other.

It airs in Australia on FOX8.

Source: Huffington Post

1. melmac March 19, 2012 at 1:34 pm -

Does that mean Prime Suspect US is dead and buried? If so that’s a bit of a bummer I really liked that one. Haven’t managed to catch any of Grim yet have been meaning to though

2. JB March 18, 2012 at 2:54 pm -

That’s awesome. Love Grimm. Hopefully awake gets renewed as well, cos that’s another great show. Shame about The Firm though. I enjoyed it. Even bought the film so I could catch up on the background details.

3. stevie g March 18, 2012 at 2:16 pm -

I wish the network shows in America were shown on free to air here. This one reminds me of Angel when it first started, so I’d love to see it.

4. Craig March 18, 2012 at 1:35 pm -

The last ep of Grimm S1 is yet to air in the US but it will be late May, the DVD might be out around September in time for S2 in the US.

5. MuchoTB March 18, 2012 at 1:02 pm -

I liked the pilot but subsequent episodes were the exact same thing

IMO this is just a poor man’s Supernatural

6. Craig March 18, 2012 at 10:36 am -

I like Grimm but it’s a lot heavier than Once Upon a Time, which I prefer. Can’t wait for 7 to start showing it.

Hope Parenthood is the next to be renewed for NBC.

7. A. March 18, 2012 at 5:09 am -

When does the last episode of Season 1 air in Australia? Because I’d like to know if it’s worth getting on DVD if it becomes available.