Rove co-hosts Entertainment Tonight

By David Knox on April 26, 2012 / Filed Under News, Top Stories 19

Rove co-hosting Entertainment Tonight? Who knew?

Could the Gold Logie winner become a new regular on the show? Today he joined Nancy O’Dell on the long-running show, which aired on Nine.

On his Twitter account, Rove said: “Hands up who likes randomness? You? Good. I’ll be co-hosting Entertainment Tonight tonight. Random enough for ya?”

Regular co-host Mark Steines,who joined in 1995, was reported in March as leaving the show, to pursue other opportunities. Former X Factor host Steve Jones is also rumoured to be one of the contenders.

Rove‘s years of telly would serve him well should this be on the cards. It all looked pretty seamless from this side of the TV screen, and look, no US accent -phew.

At the end of the show O’Dell said to McManus: “Thanks so much for helping me out.”

“It’s been an absolute pleasure, let’s do it again some time!” he replied.

1. David Knox April 27, 2012 at 2:12 pm -

2. Dayman April 27, 2012 at 1:43 pm -

Is Rove LA ever going to be back?

3. ShaneSaxy April 27, 2012 at 5:28 am -

Great to see that Rove is getting some work other in the US. A pity that I still haven’t seen it.
    Menicci I was up when the footy shows finished, but they must have gone over-time, as a Nine presents music special followed before home-shopping started. I would really like to see it.

4. Kylie April 26, 2012 at 11:48 pm -

Thanks Menicci – Perth gets Alive & Cooking at 3pm and not ET so will look at your other suggestions.

Thanks Darren for the online heads up too!

5. Max Renn April 26, 2012 at 10:34 pm -

Hated Rove’s show and style, but good luck if it works out for him. Just don’t give Kramer convulsions.

6. jezza the first original one April 26, 2012 at 10:11 pm -

he is just playing the role of another cheesy presenter of a cheesy show in a foreign country, who cares if he makes it, these types are just ten a penny wannabees over there, what a come down for him

7. Mark W April 26, 2012 at 9:17 pm -

Rove was very good..one of his best performances..he seemed very natural and really funny and relaxed..hope he does it again

8. jonno April 26, 2012 at 9:06 pm -

Watched it online and was very impressed. Another string to his bow. We have had many actors and singers make it overseas but not many TV presenters.

9. stevie g April 26, 2012 at 8:45 pm -

It was surprising, but he did a really good job. He was able to put his stamp on it and deliver in his own style.

10. Menicci April 26, 2012 at 7:48 pm -

I tape it every day then watch it while making dinner. When I heard Nancy say Rove McManus I nearly dropped a saucepan! I agree with other posters in that it is a great way to raise his profile, but in reality, this type of program is not really his style. Still, it will be interesting to see where this goes.

And Kylie (6.08pm), fear not, the first showing of ET is 3pm on Channel 9. It is then repeated the next day at 1.30 on GO. And on occasions it is also repeated on 9 in the early hours. You will find that it is on at 1am after the footy shows.

11. darren April 26, 2012 at 6:36 pm -

You can watch it on etonline.com

The latest episode is online now. He’s pretty good.

12. Kylie April 26, 2012 at 6:08 pm -

Wasn’t on GO! at 1.30pm today – am hoping for Nine at 1.30am tonight or GO! at 1.30pm tomorrow!

Would hate to miss seeing this!

13. deedeedragons April 26, 2012 at 5:54 pm -

She’s the interviewer that pops up in the Scream movies, right?

14. J Bar April 26, 2012 at 5:00 pm -

Random but Rad.

15. Bella April 26, 2012 at 4:56 pm -

Oh wow. I guess here in Perth it’ll be on after midnight or tomorrow on GO! Since the beginning of the year Nine took of ET at 3pm.

16. Kenny April 26, 2012 at 4:53 pm -

Yeah, no nauseating nasal American accent. And quite big exposure, given ET is seen virtually everywhere.

17. Andrew_83 April 26, 2012 at 4:47 pm -

It probably pays well but I wouldn’t want the job, to be over the top and talk about inane celebrity gossip everyday. I guess he could use it as a stepping stone, Chelsea Lately didn’t work out.

18. AnnMareefromTaree April 26, 2012 at 4:23 pm -

I saw this when I was at the gym..nearly fell off the treadmill LOL Hope he is successful over there!

19. Kylie April 26, 2012 at 3:56 pm -

I’m really excited for Rove! I think this is great for him.

Good on you Rove!