Airdate: Dollhouse

By David Knox on May 26, 2012 / Filed Under Programming 22

ELEVEN will screen the Free to Air premiere of Dollhouse, Joss Whedon’s sci-fi series.

The series features Eliza Dushku as a “doll” hired out for jobs, crimes and fantasies by the wealthy.

The series also features Australia’s Dichen Lachman.

“Ghost”
The corrupt high-tech designers of Dollhouse make millions as they continually reprogram Echo and the other Actives to satisfy every pleasure or problem of their clients.

9:30pm Monday June 11.

1. Matthew See May 29, 2012 at 1:34 pm -

I have a feeling that someone at Eleven must have been watching Dichen Lachman on the US Being Human and suddenly remembered they haven’t shown her in Dollhouse yet.

2. andym May 28, 2012 at 7:17 am -

Thank god. Might finally get a bluray release once it’s been on FTA.

3. A. May 28, 2012 at 12:11 am -

If they move Dollhouse I hope they don’t put it against Fringe nor Chuck.

4. Jason S May 27, 2012 at 8:48 pm -

Imported both seasons on Blu-Ray from the US well over a year ago… news like this reminds me why I don’t wait for free-to-air.

5. Casey May 27, 2012 at 7:51 pm -

I wouldn’t hold your breath for this 3 year old, 2 season only show, staying at a 9.30 pm timeslot on Eleven.

It should’ve been put in a 10.30 pm timeslot, as with the removed Californication season 5. Ten originally Dollhouse to Foxtel.

Eleven are like 3 seasons behind 90210 and would have to show weekly triple episodes at a 10.30 or 11.30 pm for a few months, to catch up.

6. kenyirol158 May 27, 2012 at 7:01 pm -

Been waiting forever!!!

7. Adam May 27, 2012 at 10:42 am -

Yes! finally- eleven has had the rights to dollhouse since eleven started. been waiting for this forever.

8. Walt May 27, 2012 at 7:34 am -

I’d forgotten all about this show, seems like years ago it was on FOX8.

9. bindi May 26, 2012 at 10:31 pm -

hooray! I was getting close to giving up hope altogether and resorting to the naughty method of watching it, so happy.

10. blazza18 May 26, 2012 at 10:09 pm -

Secret Squirrel – Please please don’t bring up Firefly it is just to soon.

11. Secret Squirrel May 26, 2012 at 9:26 pm -

@Belinda – Firefly is still one of my favourite series, a real shame that it wasn’t given a second season. It’s one of the few series DVDs that I own but I would watch it again on FTA.

12. Pegasus May 26, 2012 at 9:08 pm -

Been waiting forever!!!

13. A. May 26, 2012 at 8:31 pm -

I’ll admit I hope after Star Trek: TNG finishes they’ll play Star Trek: The Original Series for one episode a week on Thursday if they have the rights. Maybe some other options assuming they have the rights could be Buffy, Stargate SG-1, Babylon 5 and Firefly. I hope if they do try Buffy and Angel they try to line them up and do the first three seasons of Buffy first. Then do one of them on Thursday and the other on Saturday. The other option for Saturday could be Star Trek: DS9 but for two episodes and then maybe something else after it.

Also I wonder who has the rights to The X-Files. I’ve also heard that Pay TV has the rights to Batman from the sixties. Also who has the rights to the fifties Adventures of Superman? I wouldn’t mind them showing up somewhere like at 5.30pm (not against each other ) . Maybe repeated early in the morning too. Probably impossible.

14. David Knox May 26, 2012 at 8:07 pm -

Actually it’s already been on Pay TV.

15. Kirk May 26, 2012 at 7:58 pm -

Happy to finally have this come to Australia! I never got into it when it aired in the US so I look forward to watching on Eleven! Hopefully Ten and its multi-channels will put on more shows that need conclusions!

16. Belinda May 26, 2012 at 7:05 pm -

Good idea while Whedon is so hot right now. They should replay Firefly in a late night slot too.

17. JB May 26, 2012 at 6:12 pm -

So by this standard in 2015 Ten will finish airing the final season of House, and start airing season 3 of White Collar… Seriously Ten, get rid of the trash like Snog Marry Avoid, and endless repeats of Star Trek etc and put on some first run programs. House, White Collar, Blue Bloods, Psych, Hawaii Five O, Sons of Anarchy. There’s enough spots in your schedule on all 3 channels to put these shows. The sooner David Mott and the current programmers at Ten are gone the better off it’ll be for the network and viewers.

18. Secret Squirrel May 26, 2012 at 1:07 pm -

All things come to those who wait. Hadn’t gotten around to seeing this so this is welcome news. Good time, too.

19. MuchoTB May 26, 2012 at 10:31 am -

Dollhouse is a great series. The first five episode are okay, the sixth one is awesome, and from there it builds to truly awesome television.

The second season was good too and it wrapped up all storylines in the finale. I can’t recommend this series enough.

Any chance of Eleven screening the CW’s Melrose Place? That was also a really good show too, way better than the crappy 90210 reboot

20. Josh777 May 26, 2012 at 10:14 am -

Brilliant series, and Eliza is a brilliant actress. Good to see the entire country can now see it.

21. CyrusPK May 26, 2012 at 8:11 am -

Ah, fastracking at its best!

22. Craig May 26, 2012 at 6:54 am -

After Last Man Standing (the new US sitcom) why is TEN buys shows already aired on Foxtel?

That said I loved Dollhouse but only got to see the first season, can’t wait to see how it turned out.