Airdate: Tricky Business

By David Knox on May 7, 2012 / Filed Under Programming 16

Nine’s new drama series Tricky Business will premiere next Monday night at 9:30pm following the first Live performance show of The Voice.

That will certainly ensure it has a big lead-in.

The series is produced by Screentime (Underbelly, Cloudstreet, Bikie Wars, Crownies) and represents a shift away from procedural dramas to lighter content.

Warm, funny and moving, Tricky Business looks at the lengths people go to get themselves out of trouble – financial trouble, emotional trouble, growing up trouble, relationship trouble… things we all have to deal with at some time or other.

Nine’s exciting new Aussie family drama looks at the lengths people go to get themselves out of trouble and boasts an impressive cast including Shane Bourne, Gigi Edgley, Debra Byrne, Lincoln Lewis, Kip Gamblin, Antony Starr and Sophie Hensser.

1. tvjunkie May 12, 2012 at 3:23 pm -

I’m so excited for Tricky Business to start!! It’s been a long time coming but I think it will be a great new Aussie drama. It will be shown on 9 after The Voice, roughly at 9.30pm. I’m a big fan of The Voice as well so I won’t be moving from the couch for awhile, LOL! There’s some great talent in the show as well, I’m looking forward to see what they come up with :) Not long to go now!

2. Carringbush May 10, 2012 at 1:27 pm -

Because it is Australian, I hope it does well and creates a few jobs but 9.30 maybe the wrong timeslot for a première. Sure, it has Voice lead in but 9.30 is a bit of a cut off time to tape stuff if you’re working (for me anyway). It just seemed like an 8.30 show.

Similarly, seeing the Once Upon a Time promos, I just assumed it would be in an 8.30 slot, given its dark themes. I’ll give both shows two weeks before they change timeslots.

3. funky gibbon May 9, 2012 at 3:03 pm -

way too late, may be before The Voice and after the Block?

4. Sharpy May 9, 2012 at 1:02 am -

So why did they sack all the actors from Packed to the Rafters, change the name of the show and move it to 9?

5. Jake May 8, 2012 at 3:21 pm -

Seen previews….I won’t be watching….seems like a rip off of Packed To The Rafters and I’m sick of that show……

6. Jennome May 8, 2012 at 11:03 am -

I’m surprised at everyone’s negativity. Frankly I’ve never heard of the show, but I’d certainly reserve judgement until I’d seen it.

But 9.30, after the Voice (which I don’t watch) is a bit of a stretch. Any bets on the actual starting time??

I’ll go for 9.50.

7. nik c May 8, 2012 at 8:10 am -

@ Belinda Antony Starr is a quality actor! I hope more Aussies will watch and appreciate! Although it does have a good cast. 9:30 does seem late!

8. DOGES33 May 8, 2012 at 7:50 am -

Lincon Lewis is in it I be watching other wise I don’t care about the show.

9. bindi May 8, 2012 at 2:31 am -

wasn’t really planning on watching it but definitely won’t be on a monday.

10. Guy May 7, 2012 at 3:07 pm -

10pm? Seriously. More like 10:15pm for us regionals. I won’t be watching. Don’t like the premise and the actors in this bar Shane Bourne are not that good. Unfortunately i see this crap doing well based purely on the fact it has a Voice lead in.

11. KFed May 7, 2012 at 2:25 pm -

Given Rafters quiet stroll to decline, it might be just the right time for a rip-off show. Last year there were a lot of groans when this show was announced, but I think timing is very much in their favour – by which I both mean Rafters and the success of The Voice.

12. Anthony Mai May 7, 2012 at 11:53 am -

I’m expecting a decent premiere, dwindling ratings, a different timeslot, then finally being axed after a few eps. Tricky Business seems like another Cops LAC.

13. Belinda May 7, 2012 at 11:51 am -

Is Person of Interest on afterwards or has it been removed from the schedule with three episodes to go?

I’m only going to watch Tricky Business because Antony Starr is involved.

14. J Bar May 7, 2012 at 8:56 am -

Won’t be a family show if it starts that late.

15. Craig May 7, 2012 at 8:14 am -

Wait I thought TB was going to be on at 7:30, I hope 9:30 is not too late considering it probably won’t start until close to 10pm.

16. jezza the first original one May 7, 2012 at 6:04 am -

So it will be starting at 9.30pm…..ish. Good strong lead in, but maybe a little late?