Bumped: Being Lara Bingle

By David Knox on May 30, 2012 / Filed Under Programming 19

TEN has rescheduled its observational series Being Lara Bingle, before it has even started.

Originally due to air on Thursday June 7th, it will now premiere at 8pm Tuesday June 12th, replacing Modern Family which is reaching its series finale.

1. snoopy888 June 2, 2012 at 3:30 pm -

People should give it a chance before sending it to the scrap heap.That’s the trouble with Ten Overdose us with too many crime shows that encourage bad behaviour and violence in society instead of feel good shows like This.

I repeat This isn’t going to be another George Negus Tonight or Yasmin’s Getting Married everyone.

2. Mac May 30, 2012 at 10:22 pm -

Will be avoiding!

3. damo May 30, 2012 at 10:11 pm -

she will teach us how to go deep toilet fishing for the rare species. 14 carrot gold engagement ring fish

4. David Knox May 30, 2012 at 6:18 pm -

Modern Family rpt in its place Thu June 7.

5. johnjet May 30, 2012 at 6:04 pm -

I saw a promo for this show the other night, where she goes home so her mum can do her washing. She needs to learn to use a washing machine or go to a laundrette.

Wouldn’t that make a good episode, Lara’s mum forcing her to use the washing machine, while she cries “But mummy, I’m a star”.

I think David is on the money, people will tune in for the first episode and by the third, it will have moved to the midnight to 1am time slot.

6. Craig May 30, 2012 at 6:03 pm -

@Casey – I’m sure Media Watch will be right on to it in a few weeks.

7. Casey May 30, 2012 at 4:24 pm -

It’s been mentioned in the newspaper that the luxury penthouse LB is seen residing in, in this crap show, isn’t hers and is costing Ten 4500 a week to rent out, so if viewers think LB is some type of glamorous supercool socialite jetsetter, it’s all a total fantasy.

8. dshan May 30, 2012 at 4:02 pm -

It’s going to be a tight race for worst piece of brain-dead junk TV ever screened between Being Lara Boring and Bedazzled Brynne, but my money’s on Brynne, she’s got such a lock on car wreck awful. Lara suffers from having just a smidgen of talent whereas Brynne’s talent can only be expressed in imaginary numbers.

9. Bilko May 30, 2012 at 3:26 pm -

I reckon Lara has been mis judged by the Aussie public and the show will show us that she is just a down-to-earth girl who needs her mum and the public to love her :-)

10. jezza the first original one May 30, 2012 at 2:53 pm -

Oh hell, I am going to have to alter all my plans for June now, I do not want to miss this…..

I am a little disappointed that it does not have a later time slot and a more salacious adult content

11. daveinprogress May 30, 2012 at 2:49 pm -

The best thing about this show is the promo using Pat Wilson’s “Bop Girl”. It nearly encouraged me to consider maybe possibly tentatively watching it.
    Not.

12. David Knox May 30, 2012 at 12:45 pm -

I reckon it will launch ok, but it’s Week Two that will be the key.

13. Paul May 30, 2012 at 12:39 pm -

Shouldn’t take too long for Lara to join Yasmine from Yamine’s Getting Married on the failed tv shows list.

14. Maverick May 30, 2012 at 12:11 pm -

Why would they waste an 8pm timeslot on this???

15. Bella May 30, 2012 at 11:56 am -

I’ll probably still watch it for as a guilty pleasure. I still think they should of put this on ELEVEN.

16. deedeedragons May 30, 2012 at 11:47 am -

So up against OUAT? Good luck.

17. David Knox May 30, 2012 at 11:26 am -

Shaney: TEN yet to advise.

18. jonno May 30, 2012 at 10:26 am -

I am tipping this to be the worst show in tv history.

19. ShaneyBoy May 30, 2012 at 9:22 am -

So what’s airing in it’s place on June 7th?