Renewed: Law & Order: SVU

By David Knox on May 10, 2012 / Filed Under News 7

Here’s some news I didn’t really expect to be filing. Law & Order: SVU has been renewed for a 14th season.

That’s a vote of confidence despite a season without Christopher Meloni. And despite his exit, Mariska Hargitay recently signed on for a new deal and Harry Connick Jr. and Andre Braugher were also recruited.

SVU wins a 14th season.

NBC has also ordered Dick Wolf’s drama pilot Chicago Fire to series, described as ‘an action-driven drama exploring the complex and heroic men and women of the Chicago Fire Department.’

The series stars Jesse Spencer.

Source: Hollywood Reporter

1. mikey213 May 13, 2012 at 2:58 am -

Uhh muchoTB

That is the premise of the show and has been for the 13 seasons so far.. hence the name of the show is law and order SVU aka special victims unit.

There is also criminal intent or the original law and order.. if you want “normal” crimes.

2. MuchoTB May 10, 2012 at 11:54 pm -

This show is so dark and disturbing, and it always focuses on sexual crimes. Definitely not my cup of tea and IMO its a little weird there’s such an audience for it.

It’s not Criminal Minds levels of depressing/dark but its definitely disturbing. I remember one episode where a little girl had something done to her with a wooden spoon by Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet from Lost). I never watched another episode after that

3. kitkat May 10, 2012 at 6:55 pm -

Dittoing on the enjoying this season. I nearly gave up in the previous few seasons. The new characters have added fresh life to the show, the writing has regained subtlety, the stories are interesting. And no more “Stabler’s going over the edge” for the umpteenth time (became a family joke).

4. Ruddeger May 10, 2012 at 4:36 pm -

Chicago Fire = Rescue Me minus the sex,jokes and language ?

5. Guy May 10, 2012 at 4:07 pm -

This season has really been refreshing despite the loss of Stabler. It’s been great and glad it will be back.

6. deedeedragons May 10, 2012 at 1:53 pm -

I still don’t see Jesse Spencer as a firefighter.

7. Nick May 10, 2012 at 1:24 pm -

I’ve been enjoying this season, so this is good news.