1.41m for Hamish & Andy, but Seven takes Thursday.

By David Knox on June 15, 2012 / Filed Under News 13

In their earlier timeslot on the back of The Block, Hamish and Andy’s Euro Gap Year debuted with an impressive 1.41m viewers last night.

But that was not enough to stop Seven from winning Thursday, even with split-city programming due to AFL.

Seven News was 1.35m followed by Today Tonight (1.14m) then in various cities: Thursday Night Football (673,000 ), Home and Away (640,000), Australia’s Got Talent (434,000), The Amazing Race Australia (339,000). Deal or No Deal was 621,000.

In addition to Hamish and Andy, The Block was 1.31m for Nine then Nine News (1.12m), ACA (1.03m), Big Bang (699,000), Hot Seat (677,000), and the NRL edition of The Footy Show (288,000). In select states CSI: Miami eps were 187,000 and 137,000.

Masterchef was 1.05m for TEN, Modern Family was 767,000, TEN News was 715,000, Law and Order: SVU was 590,000 / 517,000, The Project 6pm was 432,000.

ABC News was 899,000 for ABC1 then 7:30 (580,000), Silk (557,000), Photo Finish (492,000), and Utopia Girls just 334,000.

Heston’s Feasts led SBS ONE with 278,000 then Island Feast with Peter Kuruvita (238,000) and French Food Safari (215,000).

Neighbours topped multichannels with 319,000.

Sunrise: 370,000
Today: 324,000
ABC News Breakfast: 48,000 / 31,000
Breakfast: 31,000

Thursday 14 June 2012

1. joey69 June 16, 2012 at 5:01 pm -

again! plucked from thin air numbers, no suprise Oz Tam need to get a larger number of people to get a better reflection of what people are veiwing. the numbers are way to predictable and the same day in and out.

2. JM June 16, 2012 at 7:37 am -

I actually really enjoyed Hamish & Andy…. they did a good job to refine the format. Less studio (Pub) stuff and that was great. Will watch again.

3. A. June 16, 2012 at 2:59 am -

I forgot to add although ABC2 might be a better choice for it.

4. A. June 16, 2012 at 2:46 am -

@ jonno

The photography show may have got 492,000 people but Catalyst in the past month got between 603,000 – 632,000 . I’ll admit I don’t know the June 7 figure. Also the show formally know as The 7.30 Report often got above 600,000 on Thursday including June 7 instead of the 580,000 . So I don’t think it a success. And I’m wondering how much it’ll drop next week. I don’t get why they want to ruin years of loyalty. By the way I’ve officially given up Wednesday 8pm. So put the photography show there in future if you must have it.

5. jonno June 15, 2012 at 11:01 pm -

@ victor, how can you say Photo Finnish a disaster. To get 492,00 people to watch a photography show is outstanding. Congratulations ABC.

6. Craig June 15, 2012 at 9:03 pm -

Wow Big Bang Theory rated less than Modern Family, and BBT was wedged between 2 to rating shows.

Maybe people are tiring from re-run overload?

7. A. June 15, 2012 at 3:12 pm -

@ victor

Thanks for reminding me about Photo Finish. I’ll admit I tried Horrible Histories because of it. My problem as a viewer is why are they taking away the science content at 8pm? That’s why I go out on Wednesday during that time. If you want me to watch 8pm, particularly Thursday, just put some good science content there and I’ll watch. As well as The 7.30 Report with another name.

It’s also a hint to other channels that you could get me at least temporarily at the moment even at 7.30pm. A science or history documentary and I might try your channel even multi-channels.

@ David

Thanks for the confirmation of the figures. :)

8. David Knox June 15, 2012 at 2:55 pm -

Breakfast numbers are correct.

9. A. June 15, 2012 at 2:46 pm -

OK because of no time or limited time on the computer the past two days I want to say some things. I’m glad Once Upon a Time got over 1 million viewers. I’m also glad Qi was on Wednsday. I lastly hope they will repeat Utopia Girls as well as other history documentaries during summer. I look forward to it. I like Tuesdays. But there might be other days: just not against Star Trek although the current ones will end this year.

10. A. June 15, 2012 at 2:41 pm -

@ David

ABC News Breakfast HD channel, i.e. 24, and Ten’s Breakfast figures are equal. Is that correct or a stuff up? Just checking because of the last time.

11. victor June 15, 2012 at 12:08 pm -

What’s happening at the ABC? After the news a huge decline for 7.30 Report which does at least have some glued on viewers. But from then on it is a disaster. Photo Finish was dull and conventional. Which left an interesting documentary to flounder. Big rethink required for both programming and commissioning.

12. David Knox June 15, 2012 at 11:02 am -

I have done Price figures earlier this week. I usually focus on primetime ratings being 6pm and later. Anything else is a bit of a bonus as I have to draw the line somewhere. Often there is no great change so nothing to report. But I will touch upon it from time to time.

13. HeyHey_Variety June 15, 2012 at 10:57 am -

David, why havn’t you been posting The Price is Right’s ratings any more? Is it that low?