This week has been another week jam-packed with stories about the media.
All of which will be hard to compress into tonight’s edition of Media Watch.
- Today Tonight‘s interview with former escort, claiming she told ACA not to use her story. / ACA response.
- Four Corners story on people smugglers living in Canberra / The Australian criticises ABC / ABC responds.
- Christian lobby complains about Sunrise broadcasts from gay marriage events.
- ACMA rules that Nine scripted anti-pokies law into sports broadcast.
- Talkback host Bob Francis suspended in Adelaide.
Ans that’s without throwing in the ongoing concerns in the print newspaper industry from strikes and outsourcing to fights for the seats on the Board.
I still believe we need more than the 13 or so minutes allocated to covering the multiple issues in the industry today and that a longer form version of the show, including with interviews, deserves a place on ABC News 24.