Kate Ritchie narrates Don’t Tell The Bride for TEN

By David Knox on July 19, 2012 / Filed Under News 17

Double Gold Logie winner Kate Ritchie, will narrate TEN’s upcoming reality series Don’t Tell The Bride.

Based on a UK format, the Southern Star series features  bride and grooms separated for the three weeks leading up to their nuptials with all the key decisions are left in the hands of the groom.

TEN’s release says, “With no help from his fiancée, he must plan the entire wedding, from the invitations to the bridesmaids’ dresses, the reception to the cake. The bride will not see the invitation until it arrives in the mail. She will try on her dress just before she walks down the aisle. She will see the reception for the first time with the other guests.”

Kate Ritchie said: “I’m thrilled to be part of a show that’s a cheeky take on one of life’s most memorable milestones. It’s going to be a great deal of fun, maybe not for the brides, but certainly for the rest of us!”

The series is expected to air after the Olympics.

1. Jennome July 20, 2012 at 11:40 am -

I’d forgotten all about Kate Ritchie. It just goes to show, once you leave a long running role to do ‘other things’, those other things don’t necessarily materialise. After a great flurry of publicity when she left whateveritwas, she seems to have disappeared.

2. kats July 20, 2012 at 7:05 am -

@ GlennC
    Agree with what you say.I think its great that Channel 10 is giving it a go.I just think that a network should have a variety of genres,maybe mix it up a bit,instead of sticking to just reality/dramality type shows.If it ends up working for them,then good on them for giving it a go.I just think not putting your eggs into one type of basket might work and give the viewer a wider choice

3. glennc July 19, 2012 at 11:28 pm -

This is a show on Pay. Not actually a bad show.
    Hopefully Kate Ritchie brings enough sarcasm needed to host a show such as this.
    TEN are quietly going about their business, bringing in people like Hugh Sheridan and Kate Ritchie. At least they’re trying something!

4. David Knox July 19, 2012 at 5:35 pm -

Farmer, Temptation Island, Playing it Straight but no.

5. steve sydney July 19, 2012 at 5:26 pm -

All this wedding chatter has prompted me to ask…

have we ever had a local version of The Bachelor?

6. kats July 19, 2012 at 5:19 pm -

Wedding type shows might do ok,but it seems channel 10 is just pumping out a succession of these reality type shows,one after the other and seeing which one sticks.

7. David Knox July 19, 2012 at 5:05 pm -

Please Marry my Boy seemed to do well enough for Seven, Four Weddings did ok. Farmer has had years on Nine. I think anything with Weddings in the title has a fair shot. Yasmin may disagree….

8. Bella July 19, 2012 at 4:52 pm -

I’ll give it a go, I like wedding things. Though I think this would work better on ELEVEN on a Friday as a lead in to ANTM. I don’t think its primary channel viewing.

9. Mia July 19, 2012 at 4:20 pm -

@deedeedragons – Wash your mouth out!!! :p

10. nailpolish July 19, 2012 at 3:55 pm -

Sarah H, Ten sought couples who couldn’t afford a wedding themselves to participate. So, that should tell you a little something about the kinds of couples who would participate.

I’m a sucker for a wedding show. From Say Yes to The Dress to Four Weddings, it doesn’t matter, if there is a bride involved I’ll be there. I’ll give this one a go. I’m not a Kate Ritchie fan but her role probably won’t be a huge one.

11. Goonies July 19, 2012 at 3:40 pm -

My sentiments exactly Mia!

12. Andrew_83 July 19, 2012 at 3:35 pm -

Promo looks like stereotypical bullshit!

13. deedeedragons July 19, 2012 at 3:04 pm -

How long till they get on their hands and knees & beg her to join Neighbours?

14. Itsjusttv July 19, 2012 at 2:26 pm -

Promo looks really funny.
    youtube.com/watch?v=m4sPZFGnqHk&feature=em-share_video_user

15. randwick July 19, 2012 at 2:21 pm -

Possibly another reality program that won’t see the ratings year out along with Bingle, Shire, Priscilla reality program ……. the turnover should be from the ten programming dept boffins …. not the content ……

16. Mia July 19, 2012 at 1:35 pm -

“Kate Ritchie narrates Don’t Tell The Bride for TEN”

Well, that guarantees I won’t be watching it then.

17. Sarah H July 19, 2012 at 1:33 pm -

Why would anyone participate in this? Unless you’re onto your 2nd/3rd/4th marriage and you want to shake things up…