The Young and the Restless moving to Arena

By David Knox on July 21, 2012 / Filed Under Pay TV 11

US daytime soap The Young and the Restless will move to Arena from August 20th as Foxtel replaces W channel with SoHo.

It will retain its midday weekday timeslot.

Foxtel secured the rights for The Young and the Restless from Sony Pictures Television in 2007 and since then the show has aired on the W channel.

Executive Director of Television, Brian Walsh, said “The Young and the Restless has a very loyal fanbase so we have made the channel transition seamless by maintaining this key timeslot.”

The Young and the Restless will finish on W at episode 9806 on Friday August 17 and start on Arena on Monday August 20 at 9807.

1. paulamcb February 21, 2013 at 10:17 pm -

I love Y&R and only keep foxtel connected to watch it. I’m not elderly, but remember watching Y&R with our neighbour when she looked after me. I remember a very young and nasty Mrs Chancellor and her maid Jill. Great stuff!

2. Roxy August 20, 2012 at 12:38 pm -

Great that Young and The Restless is still being shown on Foxtel…only airs twice (12 pm & 2 pm on Arena +2)…and no catch up on the weekend like on “W” Channel – not so great so if you miss watching or taping the episode on the day you miss the episode but they can repeat the 3 of 7 seasons of “Sex in The City” constantly…go figure…programmers have no idea what the viewers prefer to watch…new programmes not repeat of programmes that have been repeated on various Foxtel Channels at least 20 times over the last 3 years???

3. nancy July 25, 2012 at 11:11 am -

i hope they keep it and dont kill it like when general hosptial was moved to fox8..

4. J Bar July 21, 2012 at 7:26 pm -

Now if only they would take shift “How I Met Your Mother”off Arena so we don’t have to put up with its constant repeats in many slots.

5. daran July 21, 2012 at 2:01 pm -

Arena is on the Basic tier.

Personally this is a good decision. Arena seems like a good fit

6. TVTim July 21, 2012 at 12:38 pm -

Fantastic news!! I will still be able to keep up with whats going on with Nikki Reed, Foster, Bancroft, DiSalvo,Newman, Abbot, Landers, Newman, Newman, Chow, Sharpe!!

7. stevie g July 21, 2012 at 11:45 am -

Is Arena available on Foxtels first tier or second?

8. nancy July 21, 2012 at 11:42 am -

i hope that they do promise to keep it
    when they moved general hosptial to fox8
    they lost viewers and then took it off..

9. kats July 21, 2012 at 10:25 am -

Yes my elderly mum loved TYATR when it was on free to air.She would watch every day and record it when she couldnt.She was so upset when it originally moved to pay tv.

10. CathyC July 21, 2012 at 9:41 am -

;-) glad that TYATR is sticking around.

Looking forward to The Newsroom too!
    Have just finished watching entire season of The West Wing on Foxtel and I think I enjoyed it more than the first time it was aired!

11. The Moops July 21, 2012 at 8:23 am -

Thank heavens someone has picked it up. I was scared that my elderly mum’s sanity would be endangered if TYATR was taken off the air!!! She has followed it daily since the mid-70′s!