Returning: Doctor Who

By David Knox on August 23, 2012 / Filed Under Programming 11

As tipped, ABC has confirmed Doctor Who will return to ABC1 on Saturday September 8 at 7.30pm with “Asylum of the Daleks.”

This follows the UK premiere on September 1st.

It will be repeated on ABC2 on Tuesdays at 9.30pm from September 11.

Join the Doctor (Matt Smith), the Ponds and numerous friends on their latest escapades through space and time where they puzzle an unexpected invasion of Earth, save a spaceship full of dinosaurs, don Stetsons in a Wild Wild West adventure, and are even kidnapped by the Doctor’s oldest foe.

The explosive series concludes with Amy (Karen Gillan) and Rory’s (Arthur Darvill) heart-breaking farewell – a race against time through the streets of Manhattan. Will the Doctor really lose the Ponds forever – there’s only one way to find out…

1. A. August 24, 2012 at 3:42 am -

I now have something definite to watch Saturday I guess. Thank you very much for the repeat. I like the time although it does clash with Smash. But it’s still good for viewers.

2. enchris August 24, 2012 at 1:07 am -

The new series has pretty high production values- and yay! its back (albeit for five episodes)

3. Sydney2K August 23, 2012 at 8:09 pm -

@steveany The *sets* were cardboard :)

4. Leigh August 23, 2012 at 7:57 pm -

5. unclepete August 23, 2012 at 6:32 pm -

Yay!

6. Erik1981 August 23, 2012 at 5:54 pm -

Finally i so can’t wait for doctor who to start

7. steveany 2.0 August 23, 2012 at 3:26 pm -

@Sydney2K – touche, I acknowledge the master.
    *winces with embarrassment*

8. Sydney2K August 23, 2012 at 3:13 pm -

*frowns at steveany* The Daleks were never cardboard… they were plywood.

9. steveany 2.0 August 23, 2012 at 2:32 pm -

I’m a bit embarrassed to say I like the Doctor and his unlikely adventures. The show is so “naff” (I think the poms say) with such awful-but-intentional production values that I can’t help but love it. Who of us who watched cardboard Daleks trundling around a conquered London not fall forever in love with such a show?
    Dinosaurs on a spaceship, hey? It’s been done. Didn’t Red Dwarf do that once when Pete the budgerigar regressed into a Tyrannosaurus Rex?

10. Craig August 23, 2012 at 12:44 pm -

Less than a week… by just a few hours, but I guess it counts. Only thing is with online forums many Doc Who fans are not willing to wait a few hours, let alone almost a week. That said I guess for the majority it’s good news and something to watch on a Saturday night!

11. Secret Squirrel August 23, 2012 at 12:31 pm -

When the ABC says “soon” they mean it. Not in a few months time, next year, or not at all. Seven and Nine, I’m looking at you.