Adil first to leave The X Factor

By David Knox on September 19, 2012 / Filed Under News 11

18 year old Queensland lifesaver Adil Memon has become the first finalist eliminated from The X Factor for 2012.

As one of Mel B’s Under 25 Boys, he was cut by the judges over singer Samantha Jade, who was also in the bottom two.

Despite the show making much of his physique, Memon didn’t attract enough votes from fans for his singing.

Last night he was unable to hold back the tears on stage, but later said, “I had the best experiences and made some life long friends here.”

“I think it is such a shame, its devastating,” Mel B added.

Next week, the show airs Tuesday and Wednesday nights due to Seven’s coverage of the Brownlow Medal.

1. deedeedragons September 19, 2012 at 12:06 pm -

A big thank you to the X Factor cast for putting the final nail in the coffin of “Call Me Maybe” that was horrible.

2. Dominick September 19, 2012 at 10:19 am -

Huh.

I didn’t realise that Adil was first on Australia’s Got Talent with his sister (Maimuna) a few years ago. He was the guitar player to her singing.

He was… different back then. ie. Not a diva. ;)

3. sydpt6 September 19, 2012 at 10:16 am -

@Mad Men I thought it was a very entertaining show. The performances by Guy, Ronan and Lupe were fantastic. The final sing off was great. Overall a great night. Just a pity I thought (would of liked) either Fourtunate, Jason or WAT would of been in the bottom 2

4. owlchic81 September 19, 2012 at 10:15 am -

probably not relevant now, but he is from Ipswich- not the Gold Coast :)

5. Mad Men September 19, 2012 at 10:01 am -

What a tiresome long winded show just to announce a voting result. Or is it because we had to listen to the worst singing that it felt long? Was The Voice like this?

6. steviep September 19, 2012 at 9:58 am -

Samantha Jade is not commercial, she is not likeable. I wanted her to go…eugh so cold…so get the hell off my tv!

7. Kirk September 19, 2012 at 9:45 am -

Samantha Jade being in the bottom two was a disgrace. Adil deserved to go after his performance Monday night.

8. MuchoTB September 19, 2012 at 9:35 am -

I’m not surprised by this result – they took a pretty talented performer (Adil), sexualised the hell out of him and alienated any straight males (or girls over the age of 16) that might have voted for him. I agree with Guy Sebastian – when annoying little girls were chanting “Take your top off” to him on Monday night I knew it was a sign he wouldn’t last long on the show.

It’s a shame as if they stuck to his original style, with conservative dress and John-Mayer style covers, he could have gone a lot further. Instead Mel tried to shove Adil into the prepubescent girl fan base and suffered the blowback from all the other male groups (WAT, The Collective, Fourtunate) already taking that vote, and leading him to get the boot.

9. C-Boy September 19, 2012 at 9:23 am -

Next time Mel B chooses her final 3, she should pick them based on their voices, not their looks. But I’m surprised Adil was the first to go. I thought the girls would’ve voted for him.

10. toddt85 September 19, 2012 at 8:06 am -

Very happy with this result! He was definitely in the bottom 3, talent-wise (along with Justin and Jason). Samantha Jade was just so much better that it would have been a massive injustice if she’d got the boot!

11. nailpolish September 19, 2012 at 7:57 am -

Mel should have chosen Carmelo. He was a much better singer. Not as “hot” as Adil, but she should have given the voters some credit!