Airdate: The Block: All-Stars

By David Knox on January 12, 2013 / Filed Under Programming 16

2013-01-11_2000The Block: All Stars will begin on Nine at 7pm Monday February 4th.

This puts it at just one week before the start of official ratings (February 10), one week after My Kitchen Rules and two weeks after MasterChef: The Professionals.

In the scheme of things, I think it’s worked out rather well that each Reality show will have a week in which it is the new kid on “the block”  …so to speak.

Except if you can’t stand Reality.

1. poss January 14, 2013 at 1:26 am -

Reality tv?? …..seriously once you have seen the show once i don’t get the appeal??

Give me a show with actors and a good story otherwise i would rather read a book or poke myself in the eye with a fork!

2. Guy January 13, 2013 at 9:39 pm -

I was looking forward to The Block this time around, then Channel 9 had to go and ruin it by bringing probably the least watchable teams into it. I’ll check it out but it will be on my recording list anyway as i will be watching both MKR and Masterchef: Pro’s

3. dan January 13, 2013 at 3:39 pm -

@tvf totally agree

4. tvf January 13, 2013 at 9:49 am -

I don’t know why a station has to endlessly promote a show. Wasn’t planning on watching the block due to other options but definately not interested after the endless promoting during the cricket. Enough to turn a person completely off.

5. dan85 January 13, 2013 at 4:03 am -

With the current state of free to air TV in this country I don’t understand why anyone would wish badly on a show. I think we need to appreciate 3 commercial free to air networks while we have them.

6. mycreations January 12, 2013 at 10:12 pm -

I hope the block does better than mkr I’m so sick of that show and the ad for mkr’s mick and Matt is so lame and a big turn off

7. alvar January 12, 2013 at 6:44 pm -

not to worry, I’m sure that The Big Bang Theory will be “coming to GO five nights a week” soon…

8. dan January 12, 2013 at 3:50 pm -

I am so sick of seeing endless promos for this that I hope it flops but I doubt it will

9. kerry January 12, 2013 at 3:33 pm -

Wait and watch the Ego’s go at it. The two women Jenna & Danni will have fur flying! Josh & Jenna have been hanging out for more exposure,even if they don’t realise we are not interested in them. Could be interesting viewing.

10. Colin January 12, 2013 at 3:29 pm -

The Block is a joke – all this promo talk of heritage homes? Most of the show is just silly games and challenges – it’s pin the tail on the donkey… with hammers

11. J Bar January 12, 2013 at 3:18 pm -

With reality on three networks at teh same time, this could be a chance for ABC, SBS and digital channels to grow their audience.

12. Secret Squirrel January 12, 2013 at 1:13 pm -

“Except if you can’t stand Reality”

No, I quite like reality, just not this fake stuff that they call reality.

13. tomothyd January 12, 2013 at 9:40 am -

I haven’t properly watched a full season of The Block since season 2 of the original run. I watched on and off last year. I plan to pick it up this year.

Last year was the first time I began to watch MC. I’ll skip the Professionals season and watch the normal season this year.

I cannot stand MKR though with the constant inane and pointless narration by the contestants, the constant recaps of a scene you saw only a minute earlier and the fact it drags out what could be shown in 30 seconds over a 5 minute period plus a commercial break. MRK should take a page out of the editing book of US Amazing Race. They now how to create suspense, add contestant narration and show no more than a 5 second recap after a commercial with no ‘after the break’ crap and it makes it much better and adds real suspense.

14. jumpingben January 12, 2013 at 9:04 am -

I too can’t wait for the Block, my whole family enjoys the highs and the lows of it.. the auction always keeps me on edge.. fantastic show. I might audition this year with my friend that is a enthusiastic interior decorator.

15. Rayne January 12, 2013 at 8:06 am -

“Except if you can’t stand Reality.” We will be watching recordings of other shows during the early evening. Had enough of manufactured “drama”, silly challenges and “Who will win?” We don’t care!

16. Bella January 12, 2013 at 4:49 am -

Looking forward to The Block. Hoping they repeat it on the Sunday as they’ve done in the past.