Peter Everett joins Celebrity Apprentice cast

By David Knox on January 29, 2013 / Filed Under News 21

29-peter-everettEXCLUSIVE: Former Ready Steady Cook host Peter Everett has joined the cast of Nine’s Celebrity Apprentice.

Everett attracted enormous audience affection when he was dumped by the former TEN show and should prove popular in the show.

A Current Affair is expected to announce the line-up of celebrities tonight, but TV Tonight spills for you now…

They are:

Dawn Fraser, swimming champ.
Stephanie Rice, swimming champ.
Prue MacSween, PR / social commentator.
Layla Subritzky, Big Brother.
Prinnie Stevens, The Voice.
Kim Johnson, Dancing with the Stars (US).
Roxie Jacenko, PR.

Jeff Fenech, boxing champ.
John Steffenson, sprinting champ.
Brian Mannix, 80s rocker.
Rob Mills, performer.
Dermott Brereton, The Footy Show.
Peter Everett, TV host.
Peter Berner, comedian.

Filming is currently underway in Sydney.

1. Butterfly Carnage February 8, 2013 at 8:31 am -

Yay! Pete is back. I’ve missed you!! Colin Loin (sic Lane) is not a patch on you!! Lot’s of love and good thoughts. Mxo

2. David Knox January 30, 2013 at 3:23 pm -

I don’t remember the comment but it would not have been naming the retailer. Links however are banned. You can reach me via the Contact page to discuss further if I still haven’t answered the question? Thx.

3. Westie99 January 30, 2013 at 3:08 pm -

There’s bound to be tension between some of these folks. I wonder if one of the players will last the whole show given the legal troubles their better half is facing. David – on a separate matter, I had a comment disallowed a little while ago. I want to stick to the rules and wondered if my comment was rejected because I mentioned the name of a retailer I buy DVDs from?

4. Mac January 30, 2013 at 2:51 pm -

Loved the first season, gave up hallway thru season 2 (coz the catchup site was way too buggy(, not interested in this cast at all. Bring back a ‘regular’ Aussie Apprentice!

5. smit0847 January 30, 2013 at 9:29 am -

Who are half these people? At least in previous years they’ve had household names!!

6. Maev....Sydney January 29, 2013 at 11:46 pm -

Well as I don’t watch Current Affair….I have heard it here first….and pleased Pete is back on the small screen…albeit a weird show….like some…not others on the list…but I guess that is what you are supposed to do….will give it a try.

7. Secret Squirrel January 29, 2013 at 10:47 pm -

Exclusive: Former Ready Steady Cook host Peter Everett has been replaced by Colin Lane on Nine’s Celebrity Apprentice.

You read it here first…

8. carolemorrissey January 29, 2013 at 7:26 pm -

I’m just glad Ben from Big Brother isn’t on after all. Interesting line up. Yeah, Dawn won’t take shit from any one, so Prue better watch herself.

9. dan January 29, 2013 at 6:24 pm -

@Leppie you need to go and see a doctor LOL

10. HardcorePrawn January 29, 2013 at 5:57 pm -

@tomothyd – and surely a dancer, rather than a “star”, from an overseas production of Dancing with the Stars, shouldn’t constitute one either!

11. Leppie January 29, 2013 at 5:56 pm -

Interesting cast. I actually know the majority of them this time around. It’s so sad, but I’ll be totally watching this year now.

Even worse, I’m looking forward most to Layla. :(

12. BigJMATHEWS January 29, 2013 at 5:52 pm -

Well this is at least a descent list of people, last years was not that great.

13. Bella January 29, 2013 at 5:51 pm -

Love Pete Everett! Its great to see him back. Thanks for the sneak peak!

14. Daniel January 29, 2013 at 5:41 pm -

Seriously, that lineup is pathetic.

Prinnie & Layla don’t deserve to classed as celebs, meanwhile who on earth is Roxy Jacenko.

And haven’t most of the others already appeared on DWTS – Brian Mannix, Dawn Fraser, Kim Johnson, Rob Mills.

15. Gaz January 29, 2013 at 5:27 pm -

Some outspoken people amongst them. Love Prue McSween, she tells it how it is.

16. JayElle January 29, 2013 at 5:26 pm -

Wow not one person on that list could make me even consider watching it.

17. pahmer January 29, 2013 at 5:24 pm -

I look forward to seeing Peter Everett on the show. I think he’ll be great. He’s very funny.

18. reeves35 January 29, 2013 at 5:03 pm -

Like DWTS, the definition of celebrity is stretched to the extreme by this “Z” Grade mob.

19. catherine January 29, 2013 at 4:48 pm -

Brian Mannix he was a classic on DWTS. John Steffenson interesting. I think he may ruffle a few feathers.

Few egos in there.

I think Prinnie and Layla will be out of there league.

20. Ruddeger January 29, 2013 at 4:11 pm -

I smell catfights between Dawn and Prue

21. tomothyd January 29, 2013 at 3:56 pm -

I don’t get how being a contestant on The Voice or Big Brother makes you a celebrity.