Returning: The Big Bang Theory

By David Knox on January 29, 2013 / Filed Under Programming 6

2013-01-29_0012US sitcom The Big Bang Theory returns next week with not one but two new episodes on Nine.

New eps are scheduled to run at 8pm on Mondays and Tuesdays beginning with S6E8 “The 43 Peculiarity” on February 4th.

Howard and Raj try to get to the bottom of why Sheldon disappears every afternoon at 2:45. Meanwhile, Leonard and Penny wrestle with jealousy in their relationship.

Repeats will also air at 8:30pm on both nights.

Chuck Lorre comedy continues with Two and a Half Men at 9pm Mondays and Two Broke Girls on Tuesdays.

1. PJs Ronin January 30, 2013 at 2:37 pm -

My OCD will never be the same. Damnit, I do have a sense of humour and BBT hits the right spot.

2. alvar January 29, 2013 at 4:13 pm -

disappointing that Nine can’t leave the new episodes in a permanent timeslot. Also doesn’t make sense to burn off new episodes of their highest rating show so quickly.

3. stevie g January 29, 2013 at 1:23 pm -

Already up to Ep8 of S6? I thought they only showed 4 or 5 eps from the new season last year.

4. Backflip January 29, 2013 at 1:21 pm -

Because I work early evening and can’t keep up with the timeslots and endless repeats across 9 and GO!, I just wait for each season to come out on dvd and watch it then.

5. Pertinax January 29, 2013 at 10:39 am -

Sounds like sensible programming by Nine.

I wouldn’t have been helped by them showing “Fast-tracked” episodes while I was camping in Tasmania earlier in the month.

6. Craig January 29, 2013 at 7:55 am -

Nine did something similar last year, burning off double eps to catch up with the US. Currently they are 6 eps behind the US with these airing last November. The show returns later this week in the US, so I guess they will be 7 eps behind before these air next week here.

So don’t fall for the ‘fast tracking’ crap from Nine.

FYI ‘The 43 Peculiarity’ is a really good ep for Leonard and Penny fans.