Airdate: Canberra Confidential

By David Knox on February 28, 2013 / Filed Under Programming 8

image002ccAnnabel Crabb presents a new documentary, this time on ABC1, in which she uncovers “A Century of Spies, Lies and Scandals” in Canberra’s dark past.

Sounds like this has a great sense of fun.

Nothing much happens in Canberra, never has. That’s what most people think. ABC presenter Annabel Crabb is set to change your mind in Canberra Confidential, a revealing and whimsical rummage through a century of secrets in our nation’s capital. It’s the history Canberra has tried to hide. While Canberra celebrates its centenary in March, there’s no better time to lay bare its past scandals and secrets.

Annabel dishes the dirt on a series of almost forgotten scandals, spectacular political skulduggery and espionage sagas that rocked the nation. Along the way, she meets with players, prime ministers, reporters and the victims of some of the nation’s greatest scandals.

Canberra Confidential Thursday, 14 March 8.30pm on ABC1.

1. Dr_Rudi February 28, 2013 at 9:16 pm -

@David – no chance of you being Godfather then. Still, I don’t visit your blog for celebrity news.

For those sufficiently interested (and like me, incredible tardy).

twitter.com/annabelcrabb/status/278980502147432448

2. carolemorrissey February 28, 2013 at 9:07 pm -

Thanks David, yeah that was it, the Petrov Affair.

3. David Knox February 28, 2013 at 6:00 pm -

Don’t know. Pleased to say I never keep across that stuff.

4. Dr_Rudi February 28, 2013 at 5:53 pm -

David – not that it’s any of our business, but any word on Ms Crabb’s latest baby? (And I don’t mean another television programme). I’m hoping all went well.

5. Maev....Sydney February 28, 2013 at 4:05 pm -

I like Ms Crabb’s work…I will watch….
    And actually…Canberra’s celebrations are ongoing all through 2013…..it is not just about the pollies…

6. A. February 28, 2013 at 3:26 pm -

I’ll admit after the Doctor Who footage for the March ad this was the one I liked next. I thought they’d put it on Thursday. I just hope whenever they repeat it I’ll get to see it. Even if not: I like the idea. I love it when they explore Australian history.

7. David Knox February 28, 2013 at 9:53 am -

Petrov affair.

8. carolemorrissey February 28, 2013 at 9:44 am -

Sounds like an interesting show, must remember to watch it. The only incident I’m familiar with is that Russian diplomat, can’t remember his name, who decided to defect in the 60’s.