MKR gatecrashers revealed

By David Knox on February 17, 2013 / Filed Under News 13

Angela Melina Shot_30_WH-2277Three “gatecrasher” couples will enter My Kitchen Rules tomorrow night in a new twist.

They are:

Victoria: “Real Housewives” Angela and Melina (pictured)
New South Wales: “BFFs” Ashlee and Sophia
Western Australia: “Food Nerds” Kieran and Nastassia

Tomorrow night one team from Group Two is expected to be eliminated.

Taunting promos indicate the gatecrashers intend to eliminate current contestants but so far the network is keeping details of their gameplay under wraps.

The show has thrived on its villains this seasons, and it seems it’s not done just yet.

It airs 7:30 Monday – Thursday on Seven.

1. Maev....Sydney February 18, 2013 at 1:45 pm -

Ho hum…one does not have to watch MKR…it is all in the promo’s….
    “We are at the bottom and we are not crying”
    Yes dear…but you are also not getting a cuddle and sympathy from Manu…*G*

2. jack.l February 18, 2013 at 1:00 pm -

I think the gatecrashers are professional and they are there to stir up the competition. I think!!!

3. jack.l February 18, 2013 at 12:14 pm -

People get over it…
    It is still all about food no matter what, without drama the show will become just like MC and you all need to keep in mine that it’s a competition.
    Without harsh or bitchy contestant there is no competition at all and it is also allow the contestant to push harder and think harder.

4. justsaying February 18, 2013 at 11:06 am -

I agree with everyone MKR is such a joke it has become so silly- all about the bitching and who is the meanest etc seriously such a load of rubbish and stupidity so over it I don’t watch it anymore. I really hope the ratings drop which it doesn’t deserve hoping viewers tune out. You see all these silly promos for MKR shows nothing about food only bitchiness so sick of it. I do watch MC when I can it does though focus more on food and competition, ABC & SBS have real cooking shows.

5. joey69 February 18, 2013 at 9:58 am -

And this crap is suppose to come from the 7 network. The premier network of aussie drama.

6. Keegie February 18, 2013 at 7:40 am -

MKR and MCP are Not about cooking. They are all about relationships, interactions and TV ratings.
    If you want to watch cooking shows, there are plenty out there on ABC and SBS.

I wish that people would finally understand this and stop complaining about the food aspect of the shows. The fact is that MKR is killing MCP because MCP has been the most boring MC ever.

7. Butterfly Carnage February 18, 2013 at 7:20 am -

Welcome to Humiliation Fest 2013!! Oh what a time we’ll have.

8. 4heartman February 17, 2013 at 9:54 pm -

This is the reason why I do not watch MKR. All It is about tabloid trash TV and not about the cooking.
    Love watching Masterchef Proffesionals. It has some class and it is about the cooking.

9. BigVic February 17, 2013 at 8:41 pm -

Who wants to watch this rubbish?

10. alvar February 17, 2013 at 6:21 pm -

how can they be gatecrashers when they were intentionally added to the show by Channel 7? Or are they just ordinary people barging into the couples homes?

11. catherine February 17, 2013 at 12:22 pm -

So the SA couple have to deal with gate crashers in there instant restaurant. Thats a bit harsh. Unless they are bought in at the end.

I just figured the gate crashers are there to be mean and unsettle everyone then just go. I hope they arent going to hang around.

12. bettestreep2008 February 17, 2013 at 10:10 am -

Looks like Seven is going to stretch MKR for a lot lot lot longer.

MCP has eliminated 10 contestants in about the same time that MKR has eliminated just one team.

And it’s looking like the bitching will continue with these gatecrashers.

I wonder if Ten will rethink it’s casting of the next MCA and just get a few bitchy bad cooks?

13. jumpingben February 17, 2013 at 8:06 am -

Ashlee and Sophia’s attitude is just vulgar – that is why it has put me off.