Nine’s theory for a Big Bang Easter

By David Knox on March 25, 2013 / Filed Under Programming 24

2013-03-25_0018If Nine were to get a Report Card for next week a teacher may well write, “Needs to try harder. D-.”

Updated: Next week Nine screens no less than  9 episodes of The Big Bang Theory across primetime*:

Mon
7:00pm The Big Bang Theory
7:30pm The Big Bang Theory
8:00pm The Big Bang Theory

Tues
7:00pm The Big Bang Theory
7:30pm The Big Bang Theory

Wed
7:00pm The Big Bang Theory

Thu
7:00pm Top Gear (updated)

Fri
7:00pm The Big Bang Theory
7:30pm The Big Bang Theory
8:00pm The Big Bang Theory

Adding in GO! episodes there will be 17 next week, and that doesn’t include the 2 Broke Girls and Two and a Half Men.

With those kinds of numbers it doesn’t deserve to beat TEN, but it probably will…

Thankfully Nine’s schedule gets a full revamp coming out of the Easter non-ratings.

*may differ in some states.

1. carolemorrissey March 26, 2013 at 7:36 pm -

Ch 9 really pisses me off when they change shows around at the last minute. I set my machine the other week for the new Big Bang Theory, but when I went to watch it back, it was the old one, I caught the last few minutes of the new one which had been on first. When I set my machine, it was listed as the new one. Now I tape them both just in case. It’s happened before. I saw an ad for next Monday for a new one at 7.30, so at least one is new.

2. karebear March 26, 2013 at 12:23 am -

Love Big Bang but I’m so over nine/win and the way they treat such a great show. Advertising a new ep for last week then replacing it with a rpt at the last minute (in regional Qld at least. Not sure about the rest of the country). Now this…

3. GuanoLad March 25, 2013 at 10:45 pm -

Though I am quite loyal to TEN, I nonetheless think they are a complete trainwreck. But when this is their competition it is so unfair for them to be suffering such a drubbing.

4. Craig March 25, 2013 at 9:36 pm -

Forgot to say, great choice of picture David.

BTW I have the first 5 seasons on DVD, newest eps on my PVR and The Comedy Channel why would I need Nine to watch the show after the new eps air and I record them?

5. poss March 25, 2013 at 8:07 pm -

At the moment there are only 2 programmes i record on commercial tv and neither is on 9.

that is just lazy thank goodnes i have foxtel!

6. carolemorrissey March 25, 2013 at 7:25 pm -

Thanks JBar, I noticed The Good Wife is a new one next week too. Like someone said earlier, 9 should have shown Parade’s End over Easter, when not much else good was on.

7. TheGedemondan March 25, 2013 at 5:51 pm -

I’d summarise it as lazy and so lacking in courage.

8. catherine March 25, 2013 at 4:56 pm -

As someone who has just started watching since last year even Ive caught up with it all. I actually stopped buying the dvds because you know you will just the episodes on most weeks.

The thing is you start thinking all eps are repeats and you end up missing the new ones.

9. sherlock March 25, 2013 at 4:29 pm -

I guess all are repeats. I love the show, but I can watch them anytime on DVD.

10. Craig March 25, 2013 at 3:27 pm -

I love TBBT but the is serous overload and needs to stop. Its going to hurt ratings for new eps in the long run. Just look at 2.5 Men, Top Gear and many other shows Nine has wrecked over the years.

11. Pertinax March 25, 2013 at 3:22 pm -

TBBT is a sitcom. They have lots of episodes and they can be watched in any order. That is why sitcoms have always made good fodder for syndication.

12. nik c March 25, 2013 at 2:14 pm -

Love the picture!
    Don’t watch the show, but do they show them in consecutive sequence?
    I doubt it!! Which means what is the point!!!

13. charlie March 25, 2013 at 12:39 pm -

@Muscledude
    You forgot Top Gear!

14. Port Adelaide Fan March 25, 2013 at 11:39 am -

Good love the show.

15. Pertinax March 25, 2013 at 11:39 am -

Ten are desperately trying to build share and so are showing new episodes of all their “hit” shows. But they will get beaten by Channel 9′s lineup of News, Current Affairs and repeats.

Channel 9 has limited content and no momentum now The Block has finished. They are best off using new content in a new line up powered by The Voice in the peak viewing period in Winter. Not showing it against MKR or during the Easter break.

Of course with MKR stretched til after Easter and the School Holidays a while after Easter, it could be tricky for Nine to do that. But it is their best move.

16. muscledude_oz March 25, 2013 at 11:33 am -

What’s wrong with Nine? Whenever they get a popular program they flog it to death and the public just gets sick of it. They did it with Two and a Half Men, Malcolm In the Middle, Gordon Ramsey and others. Won’t they ever learn?

17. J Bar March 25, 2013 at 11:19 am -

@carolemorrissey New ep of Mr & Mrs Murder next week too.

18. kimbeth March 25, 2013 at 11:13 am -

Ok so there’s 130 eps in total and with all the repeat screenings by 9 each ep has been shown about 10 times lol btw watched the pilot ep on the weekend if the show had been retained like that then I doubt we’d be having this discussion.

19. deedeedragons March 25, 2013 at 10:34 am -

So pathetic.

20. tvf March 25, 2013 at 9:30 am -

This is ridiculous. It’s the reason I hardly watch channel nine these days and is especially insulting to the viewer when they don’t schedule shows such as drop dead diva.

21. David Knox March 25, 2013 at 9:25 am -

Hang on, TEN is still showing quite a few first runs including Biggest Loser, Elementary, Mr & Mrs Murder.

22. bettestreep2008 March 25, 2013 at 9:08 am -

Of course it will beat Ten.

Ten has decided to show repeats of shows like NCIS, MF and L&O SVU over the Easter break.

You’d think with how badly they are doing, Ten would show new eps of these shows while Seven rests MKR.

But no.

23. carolemorrissey March 25, 2013 at 8:44 am -

Wow, I love The Big Bang Theory but that is ridiculous!!!! And I suppose it is too much to ask for at least 1 out of those to be a new episode? Still don’t understand why we have non ratings over Easter, it is only a weekend. Is this a recent thing, can’t remember years ago being non ratings then. But maybe I just didn’t notice. Well at least ch 10 is giving us new eps of Mr & Mrs Murder & The Good Wife, for this week at least. But that’s according to TV Week and it has been known to get things wrong.

24. TasTVcameraman March 25, 2013 at 8:07 am -

Another good reason not to watch.