The View is stuck with Elisabeth Hasselbeck

By David Knox on March 13, 2013 / Filed Under News 11

2013-03-13_0111Joy Behar may be leaving the building, but no such luck for Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

Barbara Walters insisted on Monday that Elisabeth Hasselbeck will not be leaving The View, following earlier reports that the co-host was departing the show.

Media reported on Friday that Hasselbeck’s contract would not be renewed. The reason, according to the reports, was that Hasselbeck’s conservative views were clashing with the audience.

This week Walters addressed the story, saying:

There is a particularly false story getting picked up about Elisabeth’s alleged departure, saying that we don’t approve of her conservative views. The truth is, we love Elisabeth. I like her personally and she’s just a wonderful person. But beyond that we value and appreciate her point of view. It’s important to us because Elisabeth helps give this show perspective and balance. …We have no plans for Elisabeth to leave this show. Having said that to all of you, Bill and I have always said that when one of you makes the choice to leave, that’s your choice and we will support your decision. But right now, the only person who cannot leave the show is me.

Source: Huffington Post

1. Kathy March 13, 2013 at 8:07 pm -

I personally do not like Elisabeth, she annoys me so I do not tune in that often. Having said that I enjoyed watching her on Survivor..

I may start watching again when Brooke Shields replaces Joy, but The view has never been the same since Meredith Vieira departed, and Sherri does not excite me that much either.

2. carolemorrissey March 13, 2013 at 6:14 pm -

The magazine that printed the article is standing by their story and said ‘watch this space’, so only time will tell.

I only remember her from Survivor, don’t watch The View as a rule, only seen the odd episode here and there.

3. deedeedragons March 13, 2013 at 4:30 pm -

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! I hate that she just talks over people (More than the others do) and/or pouts when she doesn’t get her way.

4. kaz March 13, 2013 at 3:26 pm -

I must say I was disappointed to find out the rumour wasn’t true. Elisabeth annoys me on many, many topics, not just politics.
    Sherri grates on me too, so I would have liked a big reshuffle, keeping Whoopi.

5. bettestreep2008 March 13, 2013 at 1:41 pm -

Mr J

I find it strange when I hear someone say they support same sex marriage and gun control yet spend all their time and money supporting candidates who are opposed to same sex marriage and gun control.

For eg. Elizabeth was/is a passionate supporter of John McCain, Sarah Palin, Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan – All of them opposed to same sex marriage and gun control.

Go figure.

6. Bella March 13, 2013 at 1:35 pm -

I find Elisabeth annoying in just normal topics on the show, not just politics. I think its time for something new. The View really has gone downhill.

7. JoeBloggs March 13, 2013 at 1:11 pm -

No fence sitting there.

8. Mr. J March 13, 2013 at 1:03 pm -

as much as i disagree with her views. if they didn’t have a conservative, the show would lose a lot of credibility. They’d probably just replace her with another conservative, and she does support same sex marriage and gun control, she’s no Bill O’Riely, might not be so lucky with the next one.

9. alfagirl March 13, 2013 at 12:57 pm -

After seeing Elisabeth rapping on yesterday’s show it is even more disappointing that she is staying.

10. David Knox March 13, 2013 at 12:27 pm -

Sure. It’s a personal blog, so I’ve never denied the site has opinion.

11. Dean March 13, 2013 at 12:21 pm -

I’m not sure the headline of this article is fair. You didn’t write “The View is no longer stuck with Joy Behar”. Just because some may disagree with Hasselbeck’s political views, doesn’t mean she is an imposition on the show.