2013 Logie Awards: winners

By David Knox on April 7, 2013 / Filed Under News, Top Stories 72

lg7The TV WEEK 55th Logie Awards are underway in Melbourne.

Bruno Mars opened the show with “Locked Out of Heaven.”

First presenters were Hamish & Andy in two Voice chairs (on wheels) and launched into some gags about Bauer Media taking over TV Week and Hamish Blake carrying last year’s Gold Logie.

Winners (in bold):

lg5Most Popular Reality Program
Beauty And The Geek Australia, Channel Seven
Big Brother, Nine Network
MasterChef Australia, Network Ten
My Kitchen Rules, Channel Seven
The Block, Nine Network

Silver Logie: Most Popular Actress
Asher Keddie (Offspring, Network Ten)
Ashleigh Cummings (Puberty Blues, Network Ten; Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries, ABC1)
Deborah Mailman (Mabo, ABC1; Redfern Now, ABC1; Offspring, Network Ten)
Julia Morris (House Husbands, Nine Network)
Rebecca Gibney (Packed To The Rafters, Channel Seven)

Asher Keddie thanks Rick Maier, TEN’s drama exec for his ongoing support. After TEN’s turbulent year, so she should.

lg8Most Popular Drama Series
Home And Away, Channel Seven
House Husbands, Nine Network
Offspring, Network Ten
Packed To The Rafters, Channel Seven
Puberty Blues, Network Ten

Julia Morris delivers a fun acceptance speech as only she can, but Gary Sweet is nowhere to be seen.

lg9Most Popular New Male Talent
Alex Williams (Underground: The Julian Assange Story, Network Ten)
David Campbell (Mornings, Nine Network)
Joel Madden (The Voice, Nine Network)
Robert Irwin (Steve Irwin’s Wildlife Warriors, Network Ten)
Will McDonald (Home and Away, Channel Seven)

Madden thanks “Or-stralia” several times after this controversial win. Will McDonald must be wondering what he has to do to crack it in this industry.

Adam Hills drops a political gag in favour of our cushy lifestyle under the current government. Did he see the media reforms?

Most Popular Lifestyle Program
Better Homes And Gardens, Channel Seven
Getaway, Nine Network
Grand Designs Australia, The LifeStyle Channel
The Living Room, Network Ten
Selling Houses Australia, The LifeStyle Channel

lg10Johanna Griggs accepts again. Will another show ever topple this one?

lg11Silver Logie: Most Popular Actor
Firass Dirani (House Husbands, Nine Network; The Straits, ABC1)
Hugh Sheridan (Packed To The Rafters, Channel Seven)
Lachy Hulme (Howzat!, Nine Network; Beaconsfield, Nine Network; Offspring, Network Ten)
Matthew Le Nevez (Offspring, Network Ten)
Steve Peacocke (Home And Away, Channel Seven)

After Adam Hills said he didn’t know who Steve Peacocke was, Peacocke replies, “40,000 people in Dubbo know who I am.”

lg12

Silver Logie: Most Outstanding Drama Series
Offspring, Network Ten
Puberty Blues, Network Ten
Rake, ABC1
Redfern Now, ABC1
Tangle, Showcase

lg14Producer Darren Dale thanks the ABC and acknowledges black faces on ABC in primetime. 2013 was the year of Indigenous television, but every one of those nominated could have won this tough category.

Photo1 mm2Molly Meldrum gets a standing ovation (presumably in lieu of his Hall of Fame award last year). He thanked industry, hospital staff and viewers for his support. But finally he provides the first memorable moment of the night by dropping the F-Bomb. Thank goodness!

lg 15Graham Kennedy Award for Most Outstanding New Talent
Annabel Crabb (Kitchen Cabinet, ABC2)
Brenna Harding (Puberty Blues, Network Ten)
Jason Montgomery (Underbelly: Badness, Nine Network)
Natasa Ristic (Danger 5, SBS One)
Shari Sebbens (Redfern Now, ABC1)

“Thank you ABC, Screen Australia and Blackfella Films for creating a game changing series for not only Indigenous Australians to be proud of, but all Australians.”

Julia Morris and Dr. Chris Brown so far deliver the best presentation moment as Morris jokes with Dr Chris. about acting school.

lg16

Silver Logie: Most Outstanding Miniseries or Telemovie

Howzat! Kerry Packer’s War, Nine Network
Jack Irish, ABC1
Mabo, ABC1
Underbelly: Badness, Nine Network
Underground: The Julian Assange Story, Network Ten

lg17Most Popular Light Entertainment Program
Gruen Planet, ABC1
Hamish & Andy’s Euro Gap Year, Nine Network
The Project, Network Ten
The Voice, Nine Network
The X Factor, Channel Seven

lg18Brian Henderson is inducted into the Hall of Fame, introduced by Mike Munro, and greeted with a standing ovation. The congrats from fellow newsreaders was a nice inclusion.

“Some of you seem surprised I’m alive,” he said. “I’m a bit surprised myself.”

Hendo dropped plenty of gags in his acceptance speech, including a gag about not spoonerising the name ‘Chuck Faulkner’ on Bandstand.

“I want to thank all those people I worked with, including all those people who plotted to take my job.

“The way it is this Sunday the 7th of April. I’m Brian Henderson. Goodnight.”

And at 10:25pm as I write this, News Limited has leaked the Gold winner.

Most Popular New Female Talent
Annabel Crabb (Kitchen Cabinet, ABC2)
Brenna Harding (Puberty Blues, Network Ten)
Catherine Mack (Home and Away, Channel Seven)
Clare Bowditch (Offspring, Network Ten)
Edwina Royce (House Husbands, Nine Network)

A tearful Brenna Harding said “I’m so lucky.”  A sweet moment.

lg19Most Popular Sports Program
Before The Game, Network Ten
Paralympics London 2012 – Highlights, ABC1
The Footy Show (AFL), Nine Network
The Footy Show (NRL), Nine Network
Wide World Of Sports, Nine Network

NRL Footy Show wins yet it’s ratings are so low.  AFL version trounces it. Hmmmm.

lgg22Most Outstanding Sports Coverage
2012 Emirates Melbourne Cup Carnival, Channel Seven
London 2012 Olympic Games, Nine Network
2012 Toyota AFL Grand Final, Channel Seven
London 2012 Olympic Games, FOXTEL
Boxing Day Test Match, Nine Network

Hurrah. A deserved win. Slap@ the Foxtel exec who tweeted it too soon.

lg29Most Popular Factual Program
Bondi Rescue, Network Ten
Bondi Vet, Network Ten
Border Security: Australia’s Front Line, Channel Seven
RPA, Nine Network
Who Do You Think You Are?, SBS One

lg25Most Outstanding Children’s Program
Dance Academy, ABC3
Didi And B, Nick Jr.
The Adventures Of Figaro Pho, ABC3
Totally Wild, Network Ten
You’re Skitting Me, ABC3

Dance Academy is such a joyous show.

lg26Most Outstanding News Coverage
“Baden-Clay”, Nine News, Nine Network
“Cabinet Leaks”, Seven News Sydney, Channel Seven
“Catholic Church Allegedly Hid Crimes of Paedophile Priests”, Lateline, ABC1
“Fukushima”, ABC News, ABC1
“Rudd Vs Gillard Leadership Challenge”, Sky News

Can I just say, Dear Logies -you really need a host.

lg27Most Outstanding Public Affairs Report
“Abducted!”, 60 Minutes, Nine Network
“Anatomy Of A Massacre”, Dateline, SBS One
“Captain Emad: Smugglers’ Paradise – Australia”, Four Corners, ABC1
“The World According To Lance (Lance Armstrong)”, Four Corners, ABC1
“Unholy Silence (Catholic Church)”, Four Corners, ABC1

Sarah Ferguson tells Nine “no poaching” of the Four Corners staff.

Dave Hughes is working the room, with plenty of gags that are going over well.

lg31Silver Logie: Most Popular Presenter
Adam Hills (Adam Hills In Gordon St Tonight, ABC1)
Andy Lee (Hamish & Andy’s Euro Gap Year, Caravan of Courage: Australia Vs New Zealand, Nine Network)
Carrie Bickmore (The Project, Network Ten)
Chrissie Swan (Can of Worms, Network Ten)
Hamish Blake (Hamish & Andy’s Euro Gap Year, Caravan of Courage: Australia Vs New Zealand, Nine Network)

Hamish gushes over Andy Lee, “I figure you will get Gold” and he wants the compliments in return.

With all these Bert announcements for Gold, I’m expecting him to present the big one.

Finally the In Memoriam section, introduced by Peter Overton and starting with Peter Harvey.

A stirring vocal performance by the Melbourne Gospel Choir.

Most Popular Miniseries or Telemovie
Beaconsfield, Nine Network
Bikie Wars: Brothers In Arms, Network Ten
Howzat! Kerry Packer’s War, Nine Network
Underbelly: Badness, Nine Network
Underground: The Julian Assange Story, Network Ten

lg32Most Outstanding Factual Program
Go Back To Where You Came From, SBS One
AFP, Nine Network
Kings Cross ER, Crime & Investigation Network
Then The Wind Changed, ABC1
Who Do You Think You Are?, SBS One

Has the autocue stopped working? Everyone is reading off cards.

lg35Silver Logie: Most Outstanding Actress
Catherine McClements (Tangle, Showcase)
Deborah Mailman (Mabo, ABC1)
Leah Purcell (Redfern Now, ABC1)
Mandy McElhinney (Howzat! Kerry Packer’s War, Nine Network)
Susie Porter (Dangerous Remedy, ABC1)

A popular win for the tearful Deborah Mailman on Benita Mabo’s own birthday. The room gives another standing ovation. Benita Mabo thanks those involved with the production. It’s spontaneous moments like this that makes the Logies.

lg38Most Outstanding Light Entertainment Program
Hamish & Andy’s Caravan of Courage: Australia Vs New Zealand, Nine Network
Shaun Micallef’s Mad As Hell, ABC1
The Hamster Wheel, ABC1
The Voice, Nine Network
The X Factor, Channel Seven

Just as well Seven picks up another gong. Top rating network is not having much of a good night. I remember some execs grumbling to me about that two years ago.

lg39Silver Logie: Most Outstanding Actor
Aaron Jeffery (Underbelly: Badness, Nine Network)
Anthony Hayes (Devil’s Dust, ABC1)
Guy Pearce (Jack Irish, ABC1)
Jimi Bani (Mabo, ABC1)
Lachy Hulme (Howzat!, Nine Network)

Lachy Hulme is robbed. Not to take anything away from Anthony Hayes but Lachy Hulme did Offspring, Beaconsfield and Offspring in one year. Sheesh.

12:08am I’ve just received the winners press release from Logies publicist and the Gold hasn’t even been announced on TV. How does this make sense?

lg41Hurrah, here’s Bert! Still got it.

Gold Logie: Most Popular Personality on TV
Adam Hills (Adam Hills In Gordon St Tonight, ABC1)
Andy Lee (Hamish & Andy’s Euro Gap Year/Hamish & Andy’s Caravan Of Courage: Australia Vs New Zealand, Nine Network)
Asher Keddie (Offspring, Network Ten)
Carrie Bickmore (The Project, Network Ten)
Hamish Blake (Hamish & Andy’s Euro Gap Year/Hamish & Andy’s Caravan Of Courage: Australia Vs New Zealand, Nine Network)
Steve Peacocke (Home And Away, Channel Seven)

About bloody time! As tipped by TV Tonight readers in 2012.

Keddie was overwhelmed by the win and struggled to express her gratitude.

“I think this is for a body of work?” she asked.

“It’s not lost on me just how fortunate I am to have such generous, supportive people around me, including the wonderful Offspring family.

“I’m absolutely thrilled and so grateful and it’s such a pleasure to be working on such a wonderful show.”

This post updates.

1. Andrew April 9, 2013 at 12:30 am -

I think people are being a bit sensitive over Adam Hills’ remark about Steve Peacocke. All he really said was he didn’t really know who Steve was. If anything he’s just being honest. Hardly a hanging offence and I’m sure out of the Gold Logie nominees Steve was the one least known to people who don’t watch Home And Away or read TV Week.

I was more offended by Dave Hughes’ attempt at jokes about the contestant who died on Survivor… more so because the show’s doctor had later committed suicide (which Dave didn’t mention but just knowing that had happened made his comments all the worse). Not funny.

2. jayjay95 April 8, 2013 at 11:23 pm -

Scratch that… Ashleigh Cummings was for Most Popular Actress, for Puberty Blues and Miss Fisher’s.

3. jayjay95 April 8, 2013 at 11:13 pm -

Asher Keddie wins a Gold Logie… at long last. Her career has taken off since Offspring!

Bondi Rescue won most popular factual program though I must say I haven’t really enjoyed the new series as much because it lacks a narrator and it seems disjointed.

Dance Academy is a very good show and it is a very bold programming move, its a teen drama at its own level.

Howzat was an exceptional telemovie, I saw all of the nominated ones except Jack Irish and any of them deserved to win. On the subject of telemovies, Mabo might not have been a success in terms of viewers, but it was a success critically.

Yay for Breanna Harding! I really enjoyed Puberty Blues and she was sensational in it along with Ashleigh Cummings (i’m bewildered she wasn’t nominated for anything, correct me if I’m wrong)

I will weigh into the Joel Madden debate and I will agree it was farcical. Don’t get me wrong, he is a great coach on the Voice but I would say it was a few Good Charlotte fans that voted for him seeing that it was a Most Popular.

4. Riga April 8, 2013 at 8:07 pm -

Awwwe shucks. I missed the Logies ….. again!
    Did Tricky Business win anything?

5. idiotbox April 8, 2013 at 6:18 pm -

Overall I enjoyed the Logies last night. I cringed though at Adam Hills bad joke about all actors being mental. Then commenting he didn’t know who the winner of the most popular actor was. I felt sorry for the winner then having to get up on stage and make a speech for what should have been a proud moment for himself. You could see the poor guy was upset and thrown by Hills callous remarks. Humour that puts other people down like that just shows why people are switching off Hills programs in droves. He’s not the performer he used to be and just comes across now as rude and holding a grudge for his shows not being popular with viewers anymore.

6. TomK April 8, 2013 at 5:52 pm -

Brilliant coverage, as always, David!
    Aside from finding them far too long and in desperate need of a host, (Buble singing in key would have been nice, but I’ll take drunk as an acceptable alternative) I thought it was probably one of the better ceremonies in recent years.

My only real issue was in the ‘Breakfast TV’ memorable moments section. Aside from the fact that they included Breakfast and not The Circle (or News Breakfast), but the bulk of the package was made up of Paul Henry laughing at Sheila Dikshit name. That occurred in 2010 on the New Zealand version of Breakfast. Did no one fact check? Did not one person question who the other presenters were? Or the TV3 indent?

It’s one night dedicated to Australian TV…

7. stevie g April 8, 2013 at 3:14 pm -

I’m happy Joel won for best new talent it would have been worse if David Campbell won. He was already in DWTS as one of the “stars”, plus he was in GP in the 90s, so how is he a new talent on Aust tv?

8. Carta April 8, 2013 at 2:47 pm -

I, too, add my thanks to David for his excellent coverage. The Logies are an Australian institution and although I don’t always agree with the winners/nominees, I always look forward to them each year. I know I’m not alone.

9. Carta April 8, 2013 at 2:45 pm -

I feel bad for Joel Madden. He’s offered employment on Australian TV as a judge/mentor and he does a great job of it. His network submits him as a nominee for “Most Popular New Talent” and enough people vote for him to see him win the award. All hell breaks loose. Why? Because he’s a popular, well-known singer and (shock horror) not an Australian. The fact that this is his first TV role seems to have escaped everyone’s attention. We had this discussion when the nominees were announced. What is the difference between Daniel Kowalski and Matt Shirvington being nominated? Should Bob Irwin have been nominated, since he’s been on TV since birth? People need to lighten up.

10. Maev....Sydney April 8, 2013 at 1:03 pm -

BTW….Thankyou David Knox…for an extensive and interesting report on proceedings…. :)

11. Maev....Sydney April 8, 2013 at 1:01 pm -

I watched…well, what I thought was the last hour….turned out to be 2 hours…..missed Brian Henderson….and Michael Buble?…..
    Just my theory…as awards on this show are voted by the public?…internet and so on….perhaps the winning shows and actors are what folk are really watching….and not what the ratings reflect….just wondering.

12. JJ April 8, 2013 at 1:00 pm -

I can’t believe they left Australian actress Patricia Kennedy off the “in memoriam” list who sadly passed away in December last year at the age of 96.

She was a recognisable face who appeared in many shows in everything from Prisoner, The Sullivans, A Country Practice, Homicide, Return To Eden, GP, Young Ramsey, Five Mile Creek, The Flying Doctors, Holiday Island as well as countless movies, including getting nominated for an AFI award in 2 critically acclaimed ones “My Brilliant Career” and “The Getting Of Wisdom”.

Such an oversight for an excellent and recognisable Australian actress.

As for Asher Keddie the best thing I have ever seen her in is the 1985 Australian movie “Fortress” with Rachel Ward. Saw it as a kid and to this day have never forgotten it.

13. Pertinax April 8, 2013 at 11:08 am -

TV Week Logie voters are not a representative sample of the the total TV viewing audience.

Most popular drama usually means your show wasn’t good enough to be nominated for Outstanding Drama and more viewers watched other shows but here is a statue for trying.

14. bettestreep2008 April 8, 2013 at 10:54 am -

I only watched the last hour of the telecast but know what happened with the recap during the end credits.

The best moments;-

Asher Keddie finally winning gold. It’s nice that a talented Actress gets the biggest gong rather than the likes of Blake and Stefanovic (remember him???)

Deborah Mailman and Benita Mabo. What a touching and inspirational moment. I almost shed a tear too and would love to know if Peter Reith joined in the standing ovation or not. (I’m betting Not).

Dave Hughes – this guy is always hilarious but never seems to be nominated for any of the popular awards. Popular Presenter for Before The Game next year please.

Bert Newton – this guy is a legend but his hilarious speech was marred by his remarks about Channel 10. Doesn’t he realise that after 9 gave him the boot the only network that gave him a job was 10?

The low points;-

Seriously Joel Madden for Best New (Australian) talent??? This award will go down as one of the most embarrassing awards given in Logie history. What next? Ricky Martin for Gold next year?

Sonia Kruger’s snarky remarks about Network 10. Dear Sonia – your precious 9 was on the verge of bankruptcy a few months ago. People in glass houses you know. Never liked this woman.

BTW – the people complaining why low rating programs are winning the most popular awards should understand that the Logies are about which shows and artists the most network employees can go online and vote for. It’s not hard to get 1000 network employees to go online and do what the CEO tells them to. This would explain why the likes of Joe Madden, The Block, House Husbands and Hamish Blake won ‘popular’ awards this year.

15. Qubec April 8, 2013 at 8:46 am -

The fact that the winner was leaked online for the second year in a row demonstrates what a farce this awards show is. This would never happen with an overseas awards night. I thankfully avoided most to it, but what I did see was abysmal. The on screen graphics looked like they had been pulled from the late 90s while the camerawork was shaky and amateur. Those table centre pieces looked like something done by a kindergarten class. The show didn’t finish until close to 12.30, which could have been earlier had they bothered to once play out the speech makers. Joel Madden winning for best new talent was an embarrassment to everyone involved. While Eddie McGuire praising Nine during his acceptance speech for Foxtel was a clear conflict of interest and a particular low point and further makes the idea of on screen talent collecting awards for shows that a producer should be winning far more glaring. And naturally, they dusted off old Bert to present the gold. Sigh….

16. daveinprogress April 8, 2013 at 8:24 am -

I would have been happy to see either Carrie or Asher win. Just when i thought 9 had rigged, Anthony Hayes trumped Lachy Hulme – big upset. But The Block over MKR? House Husb over Rafters? Lovely moment with Deb Mailman, and Shane Jacobson throwing away a mock envelope – a singular great presenting moment! But too long….

17. TasTVcameraman April 8, 2013 at 8:21 am -

Enjoyable….but needs a host……A bit surprised at some of the winners…….All in all a good night to celebrate Australian TV….apart from House Husbands….I stopped watching when the girl drove the school bus…really !

18. Craig April 8, 2013 at 7:51 am -

Interesting that Foxtel won for the Olympics coverage against Nine, well deserved but a bit embarrassing give this was on Nine last night.

I didn’t watch the Logies, good thing given it didn’t end until after midnight.

19. tvf April 8, 2013 at 6:59 am -

Logies went far to long this year. I would’ve have gone back to watching it after downton abbey but when I checked it was too far away from finishing so gave up.

@deedeedragons

I read rob mammones twitter and found it a bit confusing. It was unclear whether he has left home and away or that he was just on holidays. Hopefully some clarification.

20. byeana April 8, 2013 at 1:26 am -

@ s5000

No disrespect intended, but I thought seeing it is comedy night on 9, I thought I would join in.
    I have a friend who is a snake oil salesperson, and tells me he would love to sell you some, and he is even prepared to toss in a set of ever sharp knives, and a nice dicer, along with some secondhand lottery and lotto tickets, and to seal the deal he will also include “how to vote early and often instructions”, but only if you are one of the first 1000 000 000 callers

@ David Knox

Re the 12.08 am winners press release, was that before or after channel 9 had no more qualifying nominations?

21. dan April 8, 2013 at 1:11 am -

Well channel nine sure did rig it this year didn’t watch a second of it just read the winners on here thanks David

22. seriouslysquare April 8, 2013 at 1:09 am -

@ryan1980

sadly the ratings don’t count towards who wins. the key word is popular… the other key word is Vote.

23. seriouslysquare April 8, 2013 at 1:07 am -

Breaks Homicide‘s record of 5 consecutive Logies for a non-news programme. So why are it’s ratings also so low? because its on channel ten…

24. Erik1981 April 8, 2013 at 12:58 am -

glad i didn’t watch this years edition totally rigged

25. JimboJones April 8, 2013 at 12:52 am -

It’s a sad state of affairs when there’s no category for comedy – only “light entertainment”.

And House Husbands winning best drama? OMFG. It’s not even a drama, but a B-grade soap opera.

With a few exceptions, this list is a rollcall of mediocrity. End of rant.

26. David Knox April 8, 2013 at 12:50 am -

Thanks DeeDee. Will check tomorrow. My night is far from done!

27. s5000 April 8, 2013 at 12:45 am -

The Logies isn’t about giving the award to the highest rating show… it’s about who’s audience cares enough to bother to vote.

How boring would it be if just the top raters won it? You’d know every category! Stop being Logies-grinches.

28. deedeedragons April 8, 2013 at 12:42 am -

I know you have had a long night David but you might wanna read Robert Mammone’s twitter. Very interesting on his future on the show and how Romeo left.

29. kimmmy April 8, 2013 at 12:40 am -

I actually pretty much enjoyed all that. I recorded it the started watching about 930pm and ff through all the cringe moments and nine ads etc. Caught up just in time to see Bert live at the end, what a champ, should have hosted the whole thing. I thought overall winnings felt spread over many networks. Special congrats Asher and Brax, love your work!

30. Elisabeth April 8, 2013 at 12:38 am -

Excellent to see Bert back! And fantastic that Asher won.

31. David Knox April 8, 2013 at 12:34 am -

Please keep comments succinct.

32. ryan1890 April 8, 2013 at 12:30 am -

I have many issues with this year’s Logies and would be keen to know if my views are shared.
    I find it incredible that The Block wins Most Popular Reality program when My Kitchen Rules is clearly outrating it in every measure. Again, I see the same problem with House Husbands winning Most Popular Drama. Packed to the Rafters was clearly outrating it and had the benefit of airing when the votes were cast. Wouldn’t people be more likely to vote for a show that more of them watch and that was actually airing when the voting period occurred? Either the Logies are rigged or the ratings system that measures television audiences in Australia is inadequate. I have reason to suspect the latter because I have heard that tv ratings are only measured in houses where there are landline phones connected and the sample size is apparently quiet small.
    Also, given the financial challenges currently facing the print media industry and TV Week in particular, why aren’t the Logies telecast rights put to tender now? Wouldn’t TV Week and the publisher make more money by basically auctioning off the telecast rights? Why, even though the Nine Network effectively does not own the TV Week magazine anymore, are they still handed the rights without other networks having the opportunity to vie for them?
    I heard the Australian newspaper leaked the gold logie winner online. Why can’t the awards be telecast live. We get the Golden Globes, Oscars, Emmy’s etc live from the US but we can’t get our biggest domestic awards show live. In the age of social media I cannot understand why it isn’t broadcast live. It’s the longest running (in duration) awards show in the entire world so obviously it’s not delayed because bits are edited out.
    They also need someone to host it and be given free reign. Someone like Will Anderson would be ideal. Whoever wrote the material for presenters tonight did an awful job.
    I think the apparent incompetence of TV week organisers and the broadcaster are doing audiences and the industry a great disservice.
    Despite my criticisms, I do congratulate Asher Keddie, Deborah Mailman, Anthony Hayes, Brenna Harding, Shari Sebbens, Redfern Now, Howzat, The Voice, Bondi Rescue, Better Homes and Gardens, Dance Academy, The X Factor, Go Back to Where You Came From and the ABC on their well deserved wins.

33. byeana April 8, 2013 at 12:27 am -

@ David Knox

Re the autocue not working, I have just received a tweet from a twit at the 9 love in, and well spotted David, and yes it seems the autocue was short circuited, when the remote control for the animated robot, was accidentally(or deliberately??) immersed in a half full glass of chimpers.

34. deedeedragons April 8, 2013 at 12:21 am -

Yes! Asher won! (Being on 700 shows helps) but someone with actual talent won!

35. The Other Adam April 8, 2013 at 12:19 am -

Bert Newton. LOL

36. deedeedragons April 8, 2013 at 12:03 am -

Wow. The X Factor beat The Voice.

37. vitieddie April 7, 2013 at 11:56 pm -

jeepers … Hamish wins over the likes of Hills and Swan … rigged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

38. tvf April 7, 2013 at 11:50 pm -

Not good that I know the winner before its announced. I started watching the logies but got distracted by downton abbey. It couldn’t keep my attention.

39. emurray April 7, 2013 at 11:49 pm -

I don’t think Eddie was out of line mentioning nines coverage as in many ways a joint production – maybe they should have shared nomination and award. Do have to mention nines games with their schedule tonight though – logies red carpet advertised at 8 but according to foxtel epg not scheduled to 814 – how about truth in advertising

40. buggirob April 7, 2013 at 11:40 pm -

Get a life people.
    The Voice Rocks.
    MKR Dragging out too long.

41. matricite April 7, 2013 at 11:35 pm -

I really hope Carrie Bickmore wins Gold! I just want an underdog to win!

42. deedeedragons April 7, 2013 at 11:31 pm -

@byeana: Points for the word “poisonality”

43. byeana April 7, 2013 at 11:26 pm -

To all those expressing surprise at the number of channel 9 winners, I bet you are all in for another bigger surprise when another 9 poisonality wins the surprise category of “best award presenter” of the night, who would have also won another award, but there was not a category for the “Most Life Like Animated Robot”

And the Winner is………

44. Kirk April 7, 2013 at 11:19 pm -

Loved Brian Henderson’s speech. A class act and very funny. Also loved Shari Sebbens’ speech.

45. s5000 April 7, 2013 at 11:14 pm -

No way, this is working much better without a host.

46. Erik1981 April 7, 2013 at 11:11 pm -

totally rigged

47. catherine April 7, 2013 at 11:07 pm -

Im sorry but I cannot believe the NRL footy show won.

Well done on Steve Peacoke for best actor.

48. Guy April 7, 2013 at 11:05 pm -

What a bloody joke. Foxtel win the Olympic award only to have Channel 9’s coverage getting praise from Mr Idiot McGuire. Who let him get the award. Probably one of the lowest things i have seen in a while on TV. If i were Foxtel right now i would be sacking McGuire on the spot.

Congrats to Brenna winning she is such a deserving winner. How does the NRL Footy Show continue to win is beyond me.

49. thedirtydigger April 7, 2013 at 10:59 pm -

When bondi rescue won the voice over said that breaks homicides record of 5 consecutive logies for a non news programme. Hey didn’t better homes and gardens tonight win its sixth or seventh consecutive logie!? Can you clarify David ???

50. Mr. J April 7, 2013 at 10:57 pm -

Foxtel finally wins a logie and it is accepted by a ch9 personality that tells us all about how great 9 olympic coverage was. A sad moment of tv.

51. vitieddie April 7, 2013 at 10:48 pm -

Channel Nine seems to be cleaning up. HH! Olympics! NRL Footy Show! Joel! The Block! Is this all a scam? Who votes for the winners? I smell BS in the air.

52. Rutzie April 7, 2013 at 10:43 pm -

How the hell does the NRL Footy Show keep winning Most Popular Sports Program. I swear people must accidentally vote for this thinking they’re voting for the AFL Footy Show.

53. deedeedragons April 7, 2013 at 10:41 pm -

@Guy: Yeah! What do you know? Foxtel won!

54. Guy April 7, 2013 at 10:26 pm -

@deedeedragons

I agree. Foxtel deserve to win that category for their coverage. It was by far the best coverage of an Olympic Games we have ever seen in this country.

Love it. Molly drops the F-Bomb. Brian Henderson what a legend he is. Amazing speech and one of the few highlights in what is an advertise channel 9 at all costs logies.

55. The Other Adam April 7, 2013 at 10:24 pm -

Hendo saved the logies

56. IRT April 7, 2013 at 10:21 pm -

Gold Logie winner posted on line

57. James April 7, 2013 at 10:21 pm -

Brian Henderson, his award is well deserved, long overdue & wonderful speech.

58. JoeBloggs April 7, 2013 at 10:17 pm -

The Australian already published the winners (Gold Logie inc) and a Foxtel executive tweeting about one of their results.

Woops.

59. seriouslysquare April 7, 2013 at 10:11 pm -

well another Logies another disaster, even Michael Buble was a bit flat tonight. its sad to see neighbours is missing out on nominations and awards.

60. cronker April 7, 2013 at 10:04 pm -

Buble was terrible.

61. deedeedragons April 7, 2013 at 10:00 pm -

If 9 wins for their Olympic coverage i will throw something at the TV!

62. ryaneco April 7, 2013 at 9:52 pm -

Was Michael Buble drunk? His performance was a bit off key IMO.

63. deedeedragons April 7, 2013 at 9:39 pm -

Dear oh dear. Other than Asher and Steve winning (I like the character of Brax alright?) tonight so far sucks a big one.

64. Guy April 7, 2013 at 9:36 pm -

Good to see Steve Peacock win. He is such a down to Earth guy and the work he did last year was very good. 40,000 people in Dubbo. lol No surprises with Better Homes winning. It would have been a surprise if it didn’t win.

Never seen or heard of Redfern Now. I was hoping for Puberty Blues to win.

65. Adam April 7, 2013 at 9:27 pm -

Asher Keddie is definitely one of Australia’s best talents. Hope she grabs the Gold!

66. Darcey09 April 7, 2013 at 9:25 pm -

House Husbands? WTF. Standards are low this year.

67. catherine April 7, 2013 at 9:17 pm -

I wanted Will McDonald to win. He is such a cutie on home and away.

Better Homes and Gardens will never be beaten.

68. Guy April 7, 2013 at 9:16 pm -

Good on Asher Keddie but House Husbands (bleh), The Block (double bleh), Joel Maddern (throws a brick at the tv). What have these awards come to. Its a joke.

69. craigj77 April 7, 2013 at 9:16 pm -

It’s awful, as usual. I changed channels as soon as Joel’s name was announced as winner. What an embarrassing joke that is..

70. The Other Adam April 7, 2013 at 9:13 pm -

Good on you Adam Hills that was awkward but so true

71. The Other Adam April 7, 2013 at 9:09 pm -

I’m getting depressed

72. catherine April 7, 2013 at 9:05 pm -

Wow a a little shocked house husbands won. I love the show and think its great but i just thought pttr may have won or even home and away.

Masterchef seems to no longer be the favorite reality program. Thats 2 years in a row now for the block.

I still think its a disgrace that Joel Madden can win a logie. So does Ricky martin get nominated next year.?