Slide Show for Seven

By David Knox on April 18, 2013 / Filed Under News 16

2013-04-18_0146Seven is about to begin filming a wild new light entertainment show in Melbourne called Slide Show.

To be produced by Shine, it is based on a French format called Vendredi Tout est Permis Avec Arthur and sees teams of personalities competing in parlour games, culminating in a scene with a set built on a steep angle.

The show has already been adapted in Portugal with plans for versions in China, Canada, Lebanon and Denmark.

Seven is hoping it might be their next Thank God You’re Here.

“It’s going to be big, noisy, and lots of fun for everyone” says Seven.

The show is set to air this year and tickets for the Melbourne shoots are already available.

Source: C21

1. Darcey09 April 18, 2013 at 5:04 pm -

The spiel from Shine mentions Australia’s biggest & funniest stars. That could cover anything but it sounds like the usual suspects of comedians like O’Neil,Woodley & co.

2. Kuttsywood April 18, 2013 at 5:03 pm -

@Daniel: I think Shaun also used this type of set design for a few “David McGahan’s World” sketches, on Full Frontal, in the mid ’90s.

I’d actually love to see Seven bring Shaun Micallef back to host this series, he’d be a natural fit.

3. David Knox April 18, 2013 at 3:02 pm -

Seven is not quoted as ‘personalities.’ I used that word not them. Italics are used around here for Press Releases.

4. bettestreep2008 April 18, 2013 at 2:56 pm -

So Seven is being wise and not referring to the potential guests as ‘celebrities’ given what they have dug up for Celebrity Splash and DWTS in the past.

And darcey09 – you are spot on. Brynn will be one of the first ‘personalities’, retired AFL players and of course MKR contestants.

Anyone notice that not only have they dragged MKR for about 4 weeks too long, but on top of the ‘comeback kitchen’ they are giving us another dose of MKR on Deal or no deal.

They are obviously worried Celebrity Splash won’t deliver MKR type ratings.

5. Lish April 18, 2013 at 2:06 pm -

So it’s basically an Australian adaptation of a French show of a rip off of a Micallef sketch?

6. kimbeth April 18, 2013 at 12:14 pm -

I understood every word

7. Secret Squirrel April 18, 2013 at 11:37 am -

I can only assume that the reason that they aren’t goint ot call it “Everything is Permitted on Friday With Arthur” is because they couldn’t get hold of a suitably-named host.

I would prob give it a go if it was with proper actors a la TGYH, but if they’re just going to recycle has-beens and never-weres from Dancing With the Stars I def won’t be watching.

8. Mac April 18, 2013 at 9:42 am -

Looks utterly daft – I’d give it a shot.

9. David Knox April 18, 2013 at 9:37 am -

I posted a similar Graham Norton clip a year or two ago.

10. Daniel April 18, 2013 at 9:18 am -

That end game reminds me of a sketch from Shaun Micallef’s old ABC show:

youtube.com/watch?v=YyqEjatCSe0

11. Darcey09 April 18, 2013 at 9:04 am -

Teams of personalities as opposed to celebrities?
    Can we expect Brynne, an AFL player, a Home & Away starlet,etc? What’s happening with DWTS?

12. DIESEL21 April 18, 2013 at 9:03 am -

Ahh.. so this is show I’ll be seeing recorded next month.

13. danny April 18, 2013 at 8:51 am -

Seven purchased Thank God You’re Here because Mr Leckie was able to pay more for the licensing fees and in addition to this got a preferred supplier agreement with Working Dog productions.

On the topic of Working Dog, I can’t fathom why Seven isn’t leaning on them for more work. They have every opportunity to increase their comedy slate.

14. carolemorrissey April 18, 2013 at 8:20 am -

I may give it a go, depends on what it’s up against. They do realise that Thank God You’re Here wasn’t theirs, it was on 10 first. They only got it because 10 axed it.

15. james23 April 18, 2013 at 7:35 am -

Looks brilliant about time comedy was back on TV! A good call by 7

16. RRaz April 18, 2013 at 5:20 am -

Looking very interesting – and something different. Looking forward to seeing it.