Biggest Loser a winner for TEN

By David Knox on May 29, 2013 / Filed Under News 12

00337The finale for The Biggest Loser drove TEN to a decent share on Tuesday night with The Winner Announced coded as a 1.25m win -it’s best Tuesday night for the year.

Seven network won with 30.4% share then Nine 27.2%, TEN 20.6%, ABC 16.5% and SBS 5.4%.

Seven News was 1.28m for Seven then Today Tonight (1.14m), Packed to the Rafters (1.05m), Home and Away (939,000), House Rules (908,000), Deal or No Deal (593,000) and Movie: Kath & Kimderella (485,000).

Nine News (1.33m) was best for Nine then The Block (1.24m), ACA (1.1m), Hot Seat (774,000). Celebrity Apprentice: Boardroom was 663,000 and The Hangover was 445,000.

The Biggest Loser: Finale averaged 1.11m for most of the show. TEN also took TEN News (681,000), The Project (577,000), The Simpsons (359,000) and an Offspring repeat (264,000).

ABC News (938,000) topped ABC1 then 7:30 (734,000), Q & A (669,000), Croc College (494,000), At the Movies (437,000) and Time Team (310,000).

On SBS ONE it was Who Do You Think You Are? (324,000), Insight (251,000), World News Australia (197,000) and Dateline (174,000).

Bananas in Pyjamas topped multichannels with 344,000 for ABC2.

OzTAM Overnights: Tuesday 28 May 2013

1. MC82 May 29, 2013 at 8:46 pm -

Congrats to TBL, it was a fantastic season and I’m glad it’s returning next year – tackling one of Australia’s biggest towns is an interesting concept.

I’m not surprised K&K was given a 9:45pm timeslot, but I am surprised Seven did this with a film they had exclusivity over given it hasn’t had a DVD release yet. I think it’s a reflection of the film itself. It was a god-awful adaptation of a once great TV show, a shameful scrape of the barrel with no redeeming qualities. Lest we forget Kath actually had magic powers in one scene. Magic powers!

Celebrity Apprentice might not be a ratings winner but it’s easily the best season so far. Loving the dynamics.

@Mac Completely agree! I loved seeing Hayley get emotional. I think she started out quite awkward as host but she’s come a long way and I find her very genuine.

2. Rutzie May 29, 2013 at 6:48 pm -

Like how you only quoted the Celebrity Apprentice: Boardroom figure David. Any chance you could continue to only quote the Boardroom figure until Nine decide to stop coding the show into two parts.

3. randwick May 29, 2013 at 5:11 pm -

Ten, you still came third for the evening! and on most nights you come fourth!

4. vitieddie May 29, 2013 at 4:14 pm -

yay for TEN!

5. Dr_Rudi May 29, 2013 at 2:06 pm -

Bananas won the multis?

Can Shaun the Sheep come back from here? I’m predicting bigger story lines for Bitzer.

6. Mr. J May 29, 2013 at 1:51 pm -

32 of the 33 episodes of the season of TBL were a massive flop, arguably dragging the whole network down. but the season final did well so of course ten needs to inflict itself with the show again next year. just as they have for the past 5 years.

I don’t get why people are so upset about kath & kims slot. high grossing, critically acclaimed movies like The Dark Knight and Avatar flopped on tv, 9 didn’t even bother with Inception, giving it a low profile premiere on Go!. why is K&K held on such a pedestal? I loved the series, but watched it for the first time last night and thought Tues 9:30 was generous.
    why are late slots even an issue in 2013? invest in a pvr people.

7. Sunny May 29, 2013 at 12:52 pm -

I saw Kath & Kimderella months ago and it was a shocker of a movie, absolute bogan trash! No wonder not too many people watched. Highlight of last nights viewing was the excellent edition of Q&A featuring Bill Gates.

8. Josh4u92 May 29, 2013 at 10:53 am -

Happy biggest loser finally shone through at the end. Dissapointed in 7 showing Kath & kimderella so late. Surely they could’ve picked a better time slot for it!

9. Mr Rampage May 29, 2013 at 10:53 am -

It’s sad that “a decent share” is all Ten can hope for with an event finale when this is their new genre-of-choice for the future.

10. David Knox May 29, 2013 at 10:52 am -

K&K plan was to give Seven the night and it did that (as I noted in my original story). It will rise in Timeshifted numbers, but I agree it ought to have been an 8:30 flick.

11. Mac May 29, 2013 at 10:52 am -

It was a great finale for TBL. Hayley couldn’t keep it together sometimes – love that real emotion from a host! – and I don’t think anyone was betting on anyone but the Green Team to win. Congratulations to everyone involved in what turned out to be a fantastic season!

12. J Bar May 29, 2013 at 10:50 am -

As expected, the Kath & Kimderella movie was wasted in that late timeslot. It deserved better from Seven.