Australia’s Got judges

By David Knox on June 3, 2013 / Filed Under News 13

AGT20217And here’s your first look the the judges and host of Australia’s Got Talent together, (L to R) Julia Morris, Kyle Sandilands, Dawn French, Geri Halliwell and Timomatic.

The new panel was put through their paces at auditions in Melbourne at Her Majesty’s Theatre on the weekend.

Word is host Julia Morris ended up on stage with several of the acts.

Auditions in Perth, Brisbane and Sydney continue across the next three weeks.

1. Annette June 3, 2013 at 9:26 pm -

Apart from timomatic the rest of the judges are a bunch of old has beens . Seriously re hashing this show from seven when it clearly past its use by date . The ratings on seven showed that theres no room for yet another crappy realty talent show. . These shows are only ever about the judges, the talent is long forgotten once the show finishes . Anyone name one winner from any of these shows thats gone on to national and international stardom. Its just there to fill the egos of the past stars .

2. David Knox June 3, 2013 at 4:15 pm -

GM Petrie: There are 4 judges, with 2 Aussies.

3. GMPetrie June 3, 2013 at 3:39 pm -

So three of the five judges are foreigners? Great.

4. Shelley June 3, 2013 at 2:41 pm -

Won’t someone please feed Geri? I know she’s tiny but really???

5. GrumpyDyke June 3, 2013 at 12:53 pm -

Agree with Mac (great respect for Dawn and Julia) – but I will never watch any show that endorses Sandilands.

6. T-Mac June 3, 2013 at 12:35 pm -

Interesting to read about Julia joining some of the acts on stage… it seems like they’re really pushing her as the host, a contrast to the recent trend of these type of shows hiring milquetoast hosts who won’t get in the way of the judges (Luke Jacobz, Darren McMullen, Sarah Wilson)

7. Mac June 3, 2013 at 11:41 am -

Got great respect for Dawn and Julia but the others are enough to put me off wanting to even give it a shot.

8. HardcorePrawn June 3, 2013 at 11:31 am -

@JennyW – I’m sure Simon Cowell’s bank manager is more than happy to see AGT and X Factor go head to head though!

9. JennyW June 3, 2013 at 10:32 am -

I can’t believe Simon Cowell is letting AGT and X Factor go up against each other.

10. bozzy June 3, 2013 at 10:23 am -

Good to see Tim getting a go.

11. David Knox June 3, 2013 at 9:58 am -

Jake: Before you next criticise a personality it does help to read the story properly first? Besides Julia Morris has years in the entertainment industry.

James: I’ll be having words with the publicist who assured me I had an unpublished photo. I’ve removed the Exclusive word.

12. Jake June 3, 2013 at 8:50 am -

What does Julia Morris know about judging talent?? I won’t be watching anyways…the inclusion of “Sir” Kyle Sandilords as a judge saw to that….Channel 9 have definitely lost the plot and have a monumental flop on their hands with this one!!!

13. James June 3, 2013 at 7:26 am -

How is this an exclusive? It was put on the Official AGT Facebook Page yesterday at 9:01am.