Still to come in 2013

By David Knox on July 10, 2013 / Filed Under News, Top Stories 43

2013-07-09_2347Halfway through the year but there is still plenty to look forward to from networks.

There are still some big local dramas and reality shows to come and from September networks will also be able to fast-track new and returning US shows.

If you want to know more about any of these shows, try clicking on the show’s Tag or do a search.

Please note this list is not complete.

ABC:
Serangoon Road,
Janet King,
Carlotta,
The Gods of Wheat Street,
Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries,
The Broken Shore,
It’s a Date,
(Untitled Chris Lilley project)
Upper Middle Bogan,

Vikings,
Masters of Sex

Cronulla Riots (online)

This post updates.

Related »

1. Rach31 September 3, 2013 at 12:23 pm -

The Broken Shore is screening at this year’s Adelaide Film Festival before it airs on ABC in 2014. :)

2. Loz July 17, 2013 at 12:43 am -

Sorry I realized after I made the comment but couldn’t take it down yet as was not officially posted yet.

3. David Knox July 17, 2013 at 12:14 am -

JK is listed.

4. Loz July 17, 2013 at 12:04 am -

What happened to Janet King? Are we not getting it now??

5. douglasac10 July 11, 2013 at 11:20 pm -

No word yet on if The Election Hamster is still going ahead or otherwise?

6. A. July 11, 2013 at 1:40 am -

I look forward to Doctor Who. Although am afraid will they continue with the off-putting stuff at the end. Because of that I think I might also watch Phryne Fisher on DVD as well.

I’m interested in Power Games and Batavia. I’m curious about some of Seven’s shows. Hasn’t Zero Hour been cancelled?

I hope SBS puts Stephen Hawking’s Brave New World on Sunday when The Observer Effect has ended its run sometime. I hope I can watch it. I love science documentaries.

@ D@GP

I’m guessing you were mainly joking about Nine and The Bible. But I did see an ad for it tonight during The Ashes and it’ll be on next Tuesday at 9pm on Nine. According to the EPG they’ll play two episodes. I was curious about this but will be watching and enjoying Person of Interest.

7. jtshadow65 July 11, 2013 at 12:37 am -

Australia needs to pick better choices when it comes to programs im glad agent shield is on 7(they probably screw it up)im glad 9 got hostages that looks interesting but im surprised ten didn’t pick up some comedies or more hopefully I cant wait to watch a show called the crazy ones starring robin Williams and sarah Michele Gellar hopefully ten picks it up cant wait to see the full list but less Australian programs & less Australian reality shows more great American programming

8. kushkook July 10, 2013 at 11:20 pm -

With The Mole bumped, hopefully X-Factor is brought up! Luke Jacobz has tweeted photos with will.i.am, Jon Bn Jovi and Kelly Osbourne, suggesting they’re involved in picking the final contestants that go through to the live shows.

9. jimbo k July 10, 2013 at 10:56 pm -

Nine (or Gem) still delaying the final season of the final season of The Big C? Why haven’t they already aired this?

10. HeyHey_Variety July 10, 2013 at 8:17 pm -

When is Seven going to reveal their new game show? Dave, can you please ask for me?

11. tristan July 10, 2013 at 7:20 pm -

‘Crisis’ and ‘Friends with Better Lives’ on Ten’s list won’t be airing in the US until 2014, so they almost definitely won’t air here this year.

12. ryan July 10, 2013 at 6:07 pm -

Yeah Ncis begins in the US 24th sep 2013 so we will def see that one coming back and modern family starts 25th sep and so does Law and order svu season 15- which I can’t wait to see!

13. peter July 10, 2013 at 5:42 pm -

@jules
    Season 5 of Parks & Rec hasn’t been shown on ch 7 as yet.

14. peter July 10, 2013 at 5:38 pm -

@jules
    Season 5 of Parks & Rec has yet to screen on ch 7.

15. Dalmanic July 10, 2013 at 3:23 pm -

Looking at that list, I’m very glad I have Foxtel, despite the ads and ripoff price.
    Also of course having a computer and internet access helps!

16. William July 10, 2013 at 2:09 pm -

@Vinny
    True but they need to fill it with content that will seem them through to the end of the year. Eleven’s schedule is filled up but there a lot of season finale on the channel and I wonder what they are going to fill it with

17. William July 10, 2013 at 1:58 pm -

I believe at the end of the year there will be NCIS, NCIS LA, L&O, Modern Family, Touch and Hawaii Five 0

18. jules July 10, 2013 at 1:57 pm -

I have missed Parks and Rec season 5. Did 7 show it? If they didn’t, I wonder are there any plans to?

19. Vinny July 10, 2013 at 1:57 pm -

New Girl should be on Eleven , maybe before Geordie Shore ?

20. billy66683 July 10, 2013 at 1:54 pm -

Is there a reason for them not having the Amazing Race AU. Didn’t it rate well. I thought at the start of the year they announced it and didn’t they already have auditions for it?

21. David Knox July 10, 2013 at 1:41 pm -

The list has been drawn from public statements by networks.

William: There has been no change to Batavia announcement, despite my asking TEN. Party Tricks was confirmed for 2014.

Mr J: TEN has not made any announcement regarding Bet on Your Baby, let alone a date. Seven is yet to confirm more Brynne.

Billy: No Amazing Race Aus this year.

Aeddie: No confirmation yet on more Biggest Loser even though we know it has been filming.

No confirmation on Doctor Who. Some shows already have airdates: The Bible, South Park, Broadchurch etc. Ripper Street already in promos. However the list is about what’s coming.

22. harrypotter1994 July 10, 2013 at 1:28 pm -

I still don’t understand why 7 is playing movies on weeknights lately with Pirates 4 and Red…They said they had a packed schedule this year but doesn’t seem that way to me now. Then add in Criminal Minds repeats as well and it really doesn’t looked packed at all to me

23. harrypotter1994 July 10, 2013 at 1:26 pm -

@Adam93 Its going to air on 7 seen a few ads for it already

24. William July 10, 2013 at 1:20 pm -

Batavia was pushed to 2014. You forgot Party Tricks

25. Adam93 July 10, 2013 at 12:49 pm -

Does anyone know where Agents of SHIELD will be airing?

26. Jason July 10, 2013 at 12:45 pm -

@ billy66683- Hey. Yes. The answer is no, it won’t.
    I’m wondering if Stephen Hawking’s Brave New World is a new series as the local library has had the series from 2011 on DVD for a long time.

27. Secret Squirrel July 10, 2013 at 12:01 pm -

I know the list is not complete but I’m with PJs Ronin – any news on SoA on FTA would be very much appreciated.

28. rossmac July 10, 2013 at 11:19 am -

Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special (probably 24/11)
    Doctor Who Christmas Special (probably 26/12).
    An Adventure in TIme and Space (Doctor Who Drama chronicling the creation of the series)

What about Series 3 of Scott and Bailey?

29. billy66683 July 10, 2013 at 11:15 am -

Hey does anybody know if the Amazing Race Australia is going to be on this year. Thanks in advance.

30. AEDDIE July 10, 2013 at 11:14 am -

What about The Biggest Loser in Ararat series. Is that going to be on before the end of the year?
    I hope it will be on soon.

31. CraigW July 10, 2013 at 10:47 am -

Wonder if SBS are planning to screen Seasons 2 and 3 of Borgen? Really enjoyed that.

32. james23 July 10, 2013 at 10:42 am -

Nine would be crazy to go ahead with The Taste after the disaster in the US. I’m sure they’ll pull the plug.

33. Pertinax July 10, 2013 at 9:59 am -

Mr Selfridge replacing A Place To Call Home, Ripper Street replacing Elementary and the Mentalist S5 final eps being used as a platform for Underbelly and Puberty Blues replacing Offspring seem the most logical moves.
    (all programming guesses subject to random changes and disinformation put out by networks).

Hopefully once Seven have finished screwing around with Happy Endings and The Mindy Project they will screw around with the final season of 30 Rock.

SBS also have S3 of The Killing starting on Wednesday 24th of July (I presume S3 because the synopsis isn’t for S1 or 2). S2 of The Bridge could follow that.

The BBC announced the 3rd season of Silk but haven’t scheduled it. Presumably the ABC knows it will be this year sometime.

34. shazz July 10, 2013 at 9:53 am -

I thought Batavia had been pushed back to 2014?

35. Sammo360 July 10, 2013 at 9:33 am -

South Park begins July 28 on SBS2.

36. PJs Ronin July 10, 2013 at 9:22 am -

Still no word about Sons of Anarchy. No wonder I get grumpy(er).

37. Pertinax July 10, 2013 at 9:22 am -

@carolemorrissey

Thanks for the heads up on The Mentalist. I would have missed them in the sea of repeats on Nine.

Seven haven’t bother to show the second half of S2 of Suits, so fast tracking S3 would be out of the question.

Scandal is huge in the US, it failed badly here though.

38. cronker July 10, 2013 at 7:50 am -

ABC should also have two new Doctor Who episodes, as well as the origins docudrama coming out of the BBC by years end.

39. D@GP July 10, 2013 at 7:43 am -

Nine’s already screening a teaser for The Bible, so I guess they’re planning to screen it Easter 2015…

40. carolemorrissey July 10, 2013 at 7:18 am -

Oh, and I don’t know if anyone’s noticed, but 9 are finally showing the final 2 eps of the Mentalist on Sunday night.

41. carolemorrissey July 10, 2013 at 7:09 am -

Suits & Covert Affairs starts in the US next week. I suppose it’s too much to expect 7 to fast track them. Still waiting for the 2nd season of Scandal and the final season of Proof of Life. Scandal is huge in the US, don’t know why 7 didn’t fast track it. Instead of showing cancelled shows like Red Widow, they should be showing these shows. Save Red Widow for the non-ratings time.

42. Mr. J July 10, 2013 at 7:02 am -

7 has brynne and ten has Bet on your baby.

43. Hayley7 July 10, 2013 at 5:57 am -

Wish Ten would hurry up and deliver the new episodes of Futurama.
    I mean do they really have that much of a jam-packed bustling schedule of repeated repeats that they can’t find the time to fit it in?
    Mind you, these are the same monkeys who waste New Simpsons in a 6pm slot on a Sunday. It’s one of their few drawcard shows and it should be on in prime time.