Nine adds late night Big Brother

By David Knox on August 16, 2013 / Filed Under Programming, Top Stories 29

BB 2013 Sonia & Ben 31 BrisBig Brother has listened to his audience and due to demand has created a brand new show called Late Night Feast,” says a Nine press release.

The Tuesday night weekly show to start later this month will offer viewers “a more grown-up and intriguing insight in to the lives of the Big Brother Housemates.”

The Up Late edition was a regular part of the TEN series hosted by Mike Goldman, and an Uncut edition included nudity. But while fans had demanded more adult content, Nine maintained its series was aimed at a family audience.

Nine has made a number of other announcements, possibly in response to heated ratings competition.

On Monday night two Housemates will be evicted Monday, and as noted by TV Tonight earlier this week, the divided house will unite -set to take place next Wednesday night with a brand new bedroom will be unveiled.

Big Brother Showdown will also move to its a new Thursday night slot (it’s unclear how many episodes of this will remain as part of the show).

From the following Monday onwards (26th August), the Evictee will hand over the Nominations Superpower to a Housemate of their choice.

Late Night Feast will premiere on Tuesday 27th August at 9.30pm.

1. moon August 19, 2013 at 8:24 pm -

get rid of this show its complete rubbish

2. Kev August 19, 2013 at 2:52 pm -

We need live streaming and then maybe we’d get a few controversies to liven things up like the US Big Brother did.

3. Kristi August 19, 2013 at 1:29 am -

@loz – I’m glad I’m not the only weirdo! :)

4. Loz August 17, 2013 at 10:30 pm -

It’s a shame the house is being united, I was enjoying everyone going crazy in the half way house.

@Kristi – I used to go to sleep with uplate on as well… wish that was back (and live continuous feeds).

I guess it means no bb on the weekend? I do think the game show is better on a fri or sat night but any night is better then no night.

5. Ann August 17, 2013 at 1:56 pm -

Mercy please

6. The Other Adam August 17, 2013 at 9:47 am -

Would Ten revive BB if/when it fails on Nine?
    you’d think they’d be happy with those numbers but must be a fairly expensive production..

or are some things just best kept buried

7. randwick August 17, 2013 at 9:33 am -

No …. please, no ……..

8. J Bar August 17, 2013 at 8:52 am -

Visual pollution

9. Kristi August 17, 2013 at 1:43 am -

PS, curious to see how the games go on Thursday night, to me it seems like such a Friday or Saturday night show

10. Kristi August 17, 2013 at 1:42 am -

A step in the right direction with a late night show but I would like it at least 5 nights a week. And would also like it live – basically exactly how Mike’s show was! I used to love that, I’d often fall asleep to the housemates sleeping just like they do in The Truman Show haha. I’m not really into the nudity – you can get that anywhere – but I like the grown up conversations and the unedited view of BB. 9′s version just feels so manipulated compared to when it was on 10.

11. effdee August 16, 2013 at 10:21 pm -

It won’t work, because it will in no way, be anything like uncut.

12. Bruce Banner August 16, 2013 at 10:21 pm -

With the introduction of high speed internet and HD webcams, who really needs Big Brother anymore?

13. nevothirty August 16, 2013 at 9:26 pm -

anything to save the show. no one really cares any more.

14. Sammee August 16, 2013 at 6:34 pm -

@Stan I disagree. I view these shows such as BB and Survivor as a social experiment observing what happens when people are placed in different situations. If some viewers enjoy the “having a perve” aspect, well good luck to them!

15. blazza18 August 16, 2013 at 6:30 pm -

Eh. Keep trying Nine.

16. Ren August 16, 2013 at 6:19 pm -

I really hope it’s not anything like BB Confidential, which was initially promised as an adult show too.

When you include the 90 minute nominations show on tuesday that’s a lot of BB to get through in one day!

@tomothyd, Yes it was George Clooney with Hugh Jackman doing a dance number with our Nicole. Guess ya missed out!

17. Stan August 16, 2013 at 6:10 pm -

Sammee, what’s the point of such mindless television if they’re not going to get their gear off? Just rely on their *wonderful* personalities & *scintillating* conversation to hook in the masses? Big Brother is nothing more than a G-rated Peeping Tom.

18. carolemorrissey August 16, 2013 at 5:50 pm -

Yes, they finally listened to us. Big Brother said on his website it’s not going to be another uncut, so doesn’t look like it will be as sleazy as that used to be.

Glad the half way house is going, it was ok for the first couple of weeks, but would rather an undivided house.

19. Sammee August 16, 2013 at 5:20 pm -

If I remember rightly Uncut had a lot of vision of housemates showering so I’m not really interested in that-adult discussions yes but not that. @The Other Adam-sorry it does sound a tad sleazy (to me anyway!)

20. wwenrl August 16, 2013 at 5:15 pm -

Yesss!!! Finally. This is going to be awesome. The more Big Brother Shows! the better.

21. John Jackson August 16, 2013 at 5:15 pm -

Hmm.. just once a week? and not live? I guess better than nothing but I was hoping for regular live footage like Uplate was.

22. alex August 16, 2013 at 5:06 pm -

Good to see a late night edition but a shame to see the halfway house go as that was the best part of the show, with the Thursday episode of switching one nominated housemate for another always adding drama and tension to the house and making BB what it should be – a real psychological experiment rather than the hoo-haa it was once renowned for.

The halfway house twist has ended far too early for my liking and evicting 2 housemates so early on when they all still hold so much interest is another bad move by Nine.

23. tomothyd August 16, 2013 at 4:51 pm -

What was this whole Geoge Cluney entering the house promo I have seen all week. I dont watch the show, but I’m guessing this was just some lame ratings grab and a pet came into the house with that name or it was a pathetic dress up night and someone dressed as him.

24. The Other Adam August 16, 2013 at 4:36 pm -

Don’t want to sound like a total sleaze, but an uncut version would be great this year. Would love to see “more” of Tahan and Jade.

Anyway, this is something though, will be able to see more of their personality (maybe) because so far their personalities seem very dull!

25. alvar August 16, 2013 at 4:31 pm -

I liked the halfway house, shame its going! Would be more inclined to watch Showdown on a weeknight, but I think its too padded out as a 1 hour format. Also like the idea of the evictee passing on the superpower.

26. David Knox August 16, 2013 at 4:29 pm -

Worth noting it says “more grown up.” It doesn’t say Adult so I don’t expect to see Uncut revived.

27. Jake S August 16, 2013 at 4:27 pm -

Finally!

28. Bogues August 16, 2013 at 4:25 pm -

we don’t want it once a week. We want it five times a week. UK’s bit on the side is an excellent example of what Nine should be doing.

29. Leppie August 16, 2013 at 4:24 pm -

Looking forward to this. Wont be surprised if it’s no good though.