Seven launches 7TWO News bulletin tonight

By David Knox on August 5, 2013 / Filed Under Election, Programming 19

2013-08-05_1724It’s been rumoured for some time, mostly for Melissa Doyle, but Seven has just announced a new Seven News bulletin to begin from tonight “hosted initially by Mark Ferguson.”

Following yesterday’s election date announcement, Seven News will tonight launch a half-hour National news bulletin to air weeknights on 7TWO at 7pm.

1. dwuuuu August 7, 2013 at 5:31 am -

seven two news has been pretty boring since it’s a recap of 4:30 news with a different presenter zzzzzzzzzz

try harder seven

come up with something new or different format like a discussion panel

2. jezza the first original one August 6, 2013 at 6:42 am -

gutted that they have ditched bargain hunt, its been taken orrff air as Tim Wonnacott would say

3. Anthony August 5, 2013 at 9:17 pm -

Im all for it. Love Seven News. But I wonder what the point of it is, unless Mel will be stepping up to it?

While Mel remains on Sunrise for her final week, it will be interesting to see what Anette Sharp has to say about this (jokes!)

4. tomothyd August 5, 2013 at 7:07 pm -

Not more news!! Another issue with 7TWO is they are repeating X Factor in the early evening, so Homes under the Hammer is not on. Fair enough its not a brilliant show, but it is something I have on when I arrive home from work and make dinner.

Tomorrow ‘Seven News at Seven” doesnt start until 7:02pm accoding to my EPG. Look’s like they’ll have to amend the title also on a regular basis.

5. Bella August 5, 2013 at 5:54 pm -

Not happy. I liked having Bargain Hunt on at 6:30pm. I don’t need anymore news. Hope this fails.

6. Nathan August 5, 2013 at 5:50 pm -

How much news do we need it’ll be an order of hash, a lot ham and cheese served up by Mark Ferguson. And before Seven starts airing promos saying home of news for Sydney, hey Seven whatever happened to 7TWO being the home for The Bill, oh wait it’s be playing at 11:30pm and 4am.

7. alvar August 5, 2013 at 5:26 pm -

Instead of adding news bulletins, how about improving the credibility of existing bulletins? And a serious news service would not be broadcasting a bulletin which will be 2 hours old to WA viewers (3 hours in summer). I’ll stick to live and local news on ABC thanks.

8. nevothirty August 5, 2013 at 5:22 pm -

this still surprises me, the only viewers they will get are those who watch ABC news at 7pm, home and away viewers or the channel surfers. I can’t see this lasting but who knows.

9. SNNWMD August 5, 2013 at 5:20 pm -

Idiotic to put it on 7two, but hopefully it will be a success so 7 will use it as a Today Tonight replacement.

10. glennc August 5, 2013 at 5:09 pm -

I don’t mind the idea of this. Wonder if it means the regional arms of 7 (and 9 so I hear) will be doing it locally or will the Ferguson version be pumped around around the country?

11. muscledude_oz August 5, 2013 at 4:45 pm -

“The live bulletin, to be hosted initially by Mark Ferguson, will bring viewers all the latest in news and public affairs.”

…most of which you have already seen during Sunrise and the 11:30 bulletin.

12. Bogues August 5, 2013 at 4:39 pm -

Can’t see abc news loosing too many viewers. Ad free state edition of news verses a national 30 minute show with furry cat stories and with ads is a no brainer.

13. Jake S August 5, 2013 at 4:34 pm -

Poor Mark Ferguson, he’s filling in for Chris Bath for Sydney’s 6pm news, and now last minute gets told he’s doing a random 7pm bulletin on the Heartbeat channel (aka 7Two)

14. anguskidman August 5, 2013 at 4:32 pm -

So apparently 7TWO didn’t think its similarity to ABC1 a decade enough was close enough . . .

15. markninety August 5, 2013 at 4:27 pm -

well, you bloody-well should be David! :P

16. David Knox August 5, 2013 at 4:26 pm -

There’s a downside to not sending Amendments. I’ll file it after they supply something. I’m not a mind reader…

17. DOGES33 August 5, 2013 at 4:25 pm -

I don’t think this will be live news in to Perth and anyway I be watching abc1 for news like I all ways do 7days a week

18. markninety August 5, 2013 at 4:21 pm -

I think you’ll find Nine is doing 7pm news on GEM from tonight too.

19. David S August 5, 2013 at 4:20 pm -

Nine are too. Actually it was scheduled before Seven did theirs.