Edwina Bartholomew to co-host Dancing with the Stars

By David Knox on September 24, 2013 / Filed Under News 26

2013-09-24_0921Sunrise weather presenter Edwina Bartholomew has been confirmed as the new co-host for Dancing with the Stars.

She will join Daniel Macpherson next week, replacing Mel B.

Bartholomew joined Seven for the Beijing Olympics, but with Sunrise she has done everything from making coffees to being Sydney correspondent.

Her announcement ends speculation about who might step into the role with (now unfounded) rumours having included Kerri-Anne Kennerley and Kelly Osbourne.

Dancing with the Stars returns 7:30pm next Tuesday.

1. olga.c October 23, 2013 at 2:18 pm -

Love what Edwina was wearing on the show last night!!! Does anyone know what label she was wearing?

2. jayjay95 October 1, 2013 at 1:53 pm -

Good to hear an Australian has been picked, but there will be some “who?” questions going around.
    If people don’t watch Sunrise they will have no clue who she is!

3. BigVic September 25, 2013 at 1:07 pm -

Great choice. Some fresh new talent and not Kelly Osbourne. She’s great on Sunrise and she’ll be great on DwTS back it’s spirutual timeslot of Tuesday nights at 7.30PM

4. carolemorrissey September 25, 2013 at 8:41 am -

Great news, she is great on Sunrise and an Aussie. So glad they didn’t go with that hideous Kelly Osborne.

5. jtshadow65 September 24, 2013 at 11:58 pm -

thank god it isnt kerri Anne shes so dull & boring im glad its edwina bartholomew as a guy i dont watch it but i would watch now because of edwina she is hot as hell funny as hell & when shes on sunrise its so much better

6. jonno September 24, 2013 at 9:08 pm -

Love Eddy, She has to be the freshest face on TV, and so natural. Well done 7. Loved Kochies comment this morning when he asked Dan what it is like to have a normal person as a co-host. Ouch.

7. ashbeer September 24, 2013 at 7:57 pm -

Great choice! Eddy will fit in perfectly!

8. catherine September 24, 2013 at 4:47 pm -

I reckon thats a great idea. I to thought Kylie would be great but I guess she had her go with celebrity splash.

She has been great since she took over the weather and she is a pretty funny person who likes a laugh and I think she will gel well Daniel.

Its nice to see they went with an aussie co host.

9. nik c September 24, 2013 at 3:13 pm -

I went who? But glad it is an Aussie :)

10. Dave September 24, 2013 at 2:16 pm -

@smit0847, Daniel. KAK is no ones sidekick

11. Gaz September 24, 2013 at 1:55 pm -

I think Edwina is an excellent choice. Looking forward to this season.

12. The Moops September 24, 2013 at 1:35 pm -

@pm1989, thanks, I didn’t realise Josh wasn’t coming back as a judge.

13. maxxdude September 24, 2013 at 12:53 pm -

Not being a Sunrise person I have no idea who she is. So to me it is just another no name person on the show.
    Love the US version don’t care about the Aussie version.

14. Mr. J September 24, 2013 at 12:13 pm -

I think this could rate really well, ratings bombed when it first moved to Sunday, it slowly built from there, but never to the ratings it had before it moved from tuesday, this is where it fits IMO.

15. Guy September 24, 2013 at 12:09 pm -

She is a great choice. She has been a breath of fresh air on Sunrise and knows how to do Live TV well. I think she is going to be a great addition to the show. The judging panel looks good too and also i’ve heard there is going to be a set makeover too. I’m actually excited for this show after a couple of lacklustre seasons.

16. pm1989 September 24, 2013 at 11:58 am -

That new guy on the panel is gone. Four judges… Todd, Helen, Kym and Adam. Mixed with eddy and Dan I reckon it had got a good shot. Great presenting/judging talent.

17. The Moops September 24, 2013 at 11:41 am -

Are they going to have five judges? Seriously? What a time waster they only need three, four at the very most, as it was in the beginning when Paul Mercurio was a judge. Five judges is definitely one too many.

18. Kylie September 24, 2013 at 11:32 am -

Great choice!!

Eddy is bright, funny and down to earth. She has fantastic come backs on Sunrise so I think she will fit in perfectly!

David – who are the judges now? This morning they said Kym Johnson and Adam Garcia so are they having 5 judges now or is either Todd, Helen or the other guy who’s name escapes me, not coming back?

19. deedeedragons September 24, 2013 at 11:13 am -

Thank god no Dame Edna haired Osbourne will appear on my screen.

20. smit0847 September 24, 2013 at 10:34 am -

Thats a odd choice. I thought KAK would have been perfect.

21. Daniel September 24, 2013 at 10:10 am -

I dunno about this. I feel a bigger name like Kerri Anne or maybe Kylie Gillies might have been better for ratings. Although good to see some fresh talent for a change.

Also Mel B only hosted the one season last year David.

22. Rutzie September 24, 2013 at 10:06 am -

Unfortunately I think Celebrity Splash killed any chance Kylie Gillies had of being co-host even though she would’ve been perfect for it.

23. tomothyd September 24, 2013 at 10:03 am -

I thought it was her when on Sunrise about 6.10am she said she was at the studios so she could hear “the big announcement”.

24. MM September 24, 2013 at 9:41 am -

Think Edwina is great and she will be really good as a host, she is down to earth, funny, and an all round wonderful person, think this years dancing is shaping up to be the best ever. Like her best out of all the other co-hosts, who have been over the top.

25. Bella September 24, 2013 at 9:38 am -

Its good that they stuck with an Aussie. I just felt with DWTS you don’t need an overseas import.

26. Karlos September 24, 2013 at 9:31 am -

Glad to see fresh Aussie talent being chosen… although I do love a bit of Mel B…