The third generation personal recorder will combine internet entertainment and a brand new Electronic Program Guide enhancement which lets viewers browse back in time by up to 26 hours in the TV Guide on selected channels, via the internet.
Foxtel CEO Richard Freudenstein said, “This exciting new feature will dramatically increase the amount of content available to our customers so they don’t miss out on the shows they love. We have started to roll out this feature to our internet capable iQ and iQHD subscribers and it will be available nationally over the next month, as our iQHD is offered across the entire country. The best news – it’s all included with a Foxtel subscription.
“The revolutionary iQ3 will be a quantum leap forward from our previous set top boxes. Using wi-fi technology it will offer significantly more opportunities for internet delivery and a vastly improved TV Guide that has been streamlined to help customers discover the best programming for them,” he said.
“With combined live, recorded and On Demand programs, this box will customise the TV experience and take it to the next level. We look forward to sharing more details about what the iQ3 is capable of over the coming months ahead of its launch next year.”
Freudenstein has previously spoken about the iQ3 having a 1 Terabyte hard drive and allow viewers to watch one show while recording up to four others.
· Internet enabled and connected Foxtel iQ or Foxtel iQHD users can now scroll back in time up to 26 hours to watch selected programs they may have missed.
· This new service will be available nationally as iQHD set top units begin to be offered around the country over the next month.
· This service is available in standard definition and in high definition for Foxtel iQHD customers with the HD channel pack.
· This new enhancement is available at no extra cost as part of a Foxtel subscription
· Program availability is based on the customer’s subscription.
· Programs are available to watch within 15 minutes after live broadcast ends.
· Customers receive the new enhancement automatically via their set top unit.
· When subscribers scroll left in the EPG using the left arrow on a Foxtel remote a blue shade will appear, indicating they’ve looked back in time.
· Programs available to watch will feature black text, while shows not available will appear with grey text. Customers can then press select on their remote to begin viewing.
· At launch selected programming on the following channels will be available Fox Sports, ESPN, Eurosports, Disney, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, FOX8, FX, E!, MTV, Arena, Studio, UKTV, The LifeStyle channels, A&E, the Discovery Channels, the National Geographic channels, BBC Knowledge, Showcase, the Foxtel Movie channels and World Movies
· Recommended Internet speeds apply. ISP and data charges may apply
· Foxtel and some services not available to all homes.